We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Large Plus Size Clothing

1…134135137139140…242

Comments

  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    I'm trying to talk my mum into taking me to the Shrewsbury outlet on Sunday. Have been to both of them before & had some good bargains. Mum had a lovely suede coat a few years ago-long, teal coloured and a real bargain. I bought some gorgeous jewellery there last visit.
    Am sick of all my clothes. I seem to have had them all for so many years now & need a bit of an update. Don't want to spend too much money though as I've started going to the gym (lost 20lbs so far, but don't seem to have dropped a dress size yet) and will hopefully be a whole new person next year! Definately need some new snuggly pjs though. Brrr!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I can't speak for warrington but obviously I did really well in plus size clothing. There was loads. Didn't come across anyone horrid and the staff were helpful too, if a little tired (!).
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    is Ann Harvey dying a death, attempted two major shopping areas this weekend, but no shop any more. getting desperate, need nice work suits
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,228
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I agree.... it's so difficult to find socks in larger sizes. Even the ones from Evans (pop sox) are not that large
    Try thox
    http://www.thoxsox.com/
    for larger size socks.
    I would like larger size over-knee socks though as I find knee length socks stop well below the knee on me.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    hcb42 wrote: »
    is Ann Harvey dying a death, attempted two major shopping areas this weekend, but no shop any more. getting desperate, need nice work suits

    Let's hope they can be saved, it would be a pity to lose this brand (my favourite)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8796471/Alexon-jobs-saved-by-Sun-Capital-deal.html
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ksh123 wrote: »
    Well I can't speak for warrington but obviously I did really well in plus size clothing. There was loads. Didn't come across anyone horrid and the staff were helpful too, if a little tired (!).

    :D Thrilled to pieces for you. I'm so pleased it worked well & you found it & shopped :D

    Now they have put all the same sizes on rails instead of being mixed makes it easier to go straight to my size. 70% off - worth a trip - and the eBay Sellers tend to avoid the larger clothes :T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D Thrilled to pieces for you. I'm so pleased it worked well & you found it & shopped :D

    Now they have put all the same sizes on rails instead of being mixed makes it easier to go straight to my size. 70% off - worth a trip - and the eBay Sellers tend to avoid the larger clothes :T

    There seemed to be plenty of all sizes. Maybe its because it was a Sunday? At first I found it hard to see the "wood for the trees" but my daughter soon got me sorted :) Where I now have little confidence in choosing clothes,l going for what's safe, she has a good eye, and when she says "its so you". She means the former, confident me. So now I have confident clothes :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And you never know it may rub off.
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    she has a good eye, and when she says "its so you". She means the former, confident me. So now I have confident clothes :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And you never know it may rub off.

    Well done to you & your fab daughter - we all need a boost in confidence ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

  • missminx
    missminx Posts: 947 Forumite
    Tesco clothing: 2 codes are working together for £10 each off £40 spend. code 1 HAPPY and code2 FFRACEFORLIFE

    Also 25% off knitwear and coats, which doesn't come off until you subtotal at the end, AND the herringbone coat says 25% off the price of £40 but comes up at £25 when you subtotal. (item number bv121011) I then added a cardigan which also had 25% off, then the above codes and the 2 together came to £23.75! Free store delivery too. HTH
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
  • ksh123 wrote: »
    Today I am a very happy bunny. I can rarely buy any clothes at all, maybe a couple of tops or trousers a year.
    It was a brilliant day and I am still excited today. :T:T:T
    Now I can throw out all my faded t-shirts and holey things and start again.

    That's brilliant ksh! I want to go to the QVC outlet now but they are a bit far from me. I know what you mean about old clothes that you've had for years. ;)
    Ruth_honey wrote: »
    I seem to have had them all for so many years now & need a bit of an update. Don't want to spend too much money though as I've started going to the gym (lost 20lbs so far, but don't seem to have dropped a dress size yet) and will hopefully be a whole new person next year! Definately need some new snuggly pjs though. Brrr!

    I know how you feel as well, Ruth! It's especially hard when you are trying to lose weight and you can feel inbetween sizes.

    I know some posters are looking for pyjamas. I don't want to recommend anything in case it's not suitable, but i have bought about 8 pyjama bottoms from Matalan for between £6-£9 per pair in a size 22-24. They don't go higher than that but they are roomy for the size and are suprisingly long lasting. You can try them on in store.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.