🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Large Plus Size Clothing

Options

Comments

• Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    I've just found out I have to go into hospital for neurosurgery next Monday and am worrying about the hospital gowns. During previous operations I have had to wear a gown that is too small and gapes open at the back leaving very little to the imagination! I have asked on each occasion for a bigger gown but been told, "This is the biggest one we have". I find this very embarrassing so I have decided to try and buy one of my own and take it in with me.

I have searched online and found several US suppliers but cannot find anyone on the UK who could supply a gown for me by the end of the week. I cannot find anything on ebay either.

If anyone knows of a UK supplier of XXL hospital gowns I'd be really grateful.
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Nenen wrote: »
    I've just found out I have to go into hospital for neurosurgery next Monday and am worrying about the hospital gowns. During previous operations I have had to wear a gown that is too small and gapes open at the back leaving very little to the imagination! I have asked on each occasion for a bigger gown but been told, "This is the biggest one we have". I find this very embarrassing so I have decided to try and buy one of my own and take it in with me.

I have searched online and found several US suppliers but cannot find anyone on the UK who could supply a gown for me by the end of the week. I cannot find anything on ebay either.

I really sympathise with you, I've had the same experience, very unpleasant.
    Unfortunately I can't help you with your search, I've never seen one. Hope you find it.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    newleaf wrote: »

Thanks very much for trying newleaf - I did see that one but as it looks very different to the ones the hospital have and ties at the front I don't think the hospital will let me wear it. They have lots of rules about patients wearing their own things as they are worried patients will sue them for ruining something - I know this from previous experience when I wanted to wear my own nightie to give birth in.

I was hoping to buy one very similar to the gowns they give you so that I could just put mine on without saying anything or getting embarrassed. Thanks again for trying though.
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I have been in the same situation. Just ask for 2 gowns. Put on on the front way and one on the back - job done and dignity intact!
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    newleaf wrote: »

Thanks for the link newleaf. I quite fancy the lounger they have on there even though it's a bit pricey. It just looks really easy and comfy. If I'm not going out I get into my PJs really early of an evening. I like to wash the day off and put my comfys on as soon as I can! :D:o I've been dieting since April 7th and haven't been able to buy any clothes because I'm changing all the time, but that doesn't really "fit" does it?

I'm not due my monthly measure until July 7th but I might treat myself to one then. I'm very aware that many of my current comfy at home outfits are not hanging right any more.

I'm also thinking of buying some stretchy bras rather than keep getting measured and buying another three Elomi's every month.

Has anybody got any recommendations? :T in advance.

Love to all, :heartpuls Hope you're all having a good day.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Jacks_xxx wrote: »
    Thanks for the link newleaf. I quite fancy the lounger they have on there even though it's a bit pricey. It just looks really easy and comfy. If I'm not going out I get into my PJs really early of an evening. I like to wash the day off and put my comfys on as soon as I can! :D:o I've been dieting since April 7th and haven't been able to buy any clothes because I'm changing all the time, but that doesn't really "fit" does it?

I'm not due my monthly measure until July 7th but I might treat myself to one then. I'm very aware that many of my current comfy at home outfits are not hanging right any more.

I'm also thinking of buying some stretchy bras rather than keep getting measured and buying another three Elomi's every month.

Has anybody got any recommendations? :T in advance.

Love to all, :heartpuls Hope you're all having a good day.

did anyone notice that the model is the same that was used by Yours a while back?
    small world...
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Sorry to hear about your op, Nenen! I hope it goes well for you. I understand what you mean about the gowns. You should definitely try what retired lady said and ask for two...much better that way!

Has anyone ordered from Curvissa before? I think they went online this year. I am quite impressed by their range. It seems much better than other shops and better quality. Bit pricey, though. The jeans I ordered fit very, very small-felt like at least 2 sizes smaller. Have arranged a return but the courier never showed!
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GoToGal wrote: »
    Morning all

Been reading "The curvy girls guide to style" and am looking for something similar to the "all in one" control underwear that goes from thigh to waist or includes a bra. Think the book is American, so when I search with the terms, they don't appear. Anyone know what it's called?

Cheers :)
    Have you tried getting them shipped from US via websites with international delivery or via International Checkout
    I think I have seen them here in the UK too though!
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    defairmans wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from Curvissa before? I think they went online this year. I am quite impressed by their range. It seems much better than other shops and better quality. Bit pricey, though. The jeans I ordered fit very, very small-felt like at least 2 sizes smaller. Have arranged a return but the courier never showed!

Ordered size 24 trousers from Curvissa - at least two sizes to small. Shame though as were really nice.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family