»

My Pregnancy Money-Saving Diary

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

My Pregnancy Money-Saving Diary

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
83 replies 27.3K views
jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
7.1K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
I'm terrible at keeping track of any savings that I make thanks to this site. I've decided to do my utmost to log any savings that I make over the next 8/9 months or so. :)

Having just confirmed that I am (barely) pregnant with my second child, I want to compare how much I save/spend this time around compared to my previous pregnancy (pre-MSE).

I'll start with the moment of truth. I expect it would have been very frugal just to wait another few months and see what developed but, as my husband insisted on a test.....:rolleyes:

Last time: Premium test kit from Boots £8.99!!

This time: Pregnancy test £1.49 from Home Bargains (thanks to info spotted on Shop But Don't Drop a while ago!) I could have got one for 99p but decided to splash out on the luxury version! ;)

Last time: Expensive Pregnacare supplements from Boots.

This time: Folic Acid from Goldshield. Free P+P, free gift and piggypoints! Also eating better generally thanks to advice on Old Style board. :)

That's all for now. :)
threadbanner.gif

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support