PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone

PrincessMort - you have now been done!!!
    JillD - okey dokey

Need to get a few bits from MrM later so DH is gonna get them on his way home with STRICT instructions to stick to the list - we'll see

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Managed a NSD yesterday as planned and hoping for another today!!

Made a lasagne last night when cooking the tea and will just have to pop that in the oven when I get home from work tonight.

Fish from the freezer for the next night is as far as I have got with any more meal planning but I'm sure can find something else to last till the wekend.
  • chewy62
    chewy62 Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £122 in Mr T yesterday and was only meant to spend£80! Got £20 worth of Chrissie pressies though, and bought enough meal stuff for two weeks instead of one, so quite happy!
    Only have £78 to do the next two weeks though!:eek:
    Just need to not spend, house is full of food and am working my way through the 15 tins of soup that were in my cupboard, who put those there!:confused:
    Sept. grocery challenge = £500 (221.60 so far!;))
  • tessasmum
    tessasmum Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    Three more NSDs achieved since I was last here - still ill so not going out! Had to send OH to shop last night, though, for bread, milk and veg, so he spent £8.09. When I am back on my feet, there will have to be a bit of a stock-up shop done, as I can see that the cupboards are getting a little bare in places, but there is still plenty to eat, so the weekend will be OK to do that. Should feel more alive by then, I hope!
    December GC: £350
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Small spend today

2 x 1litre milk @49p each (A1di)
    1 x tub spread @ 70p (Mr M)
    Cheryl
  • Nomoneymummy_2
    Options
    Hi all,

Have managed 2 NSDs so far!!! Just had a phone call from my work (local shop) asking if all is ok as theyve not seen me for 2 days!!!
    Im not due in work till tomorrow they were just worried as I've not been in spending normally by now I've spent a good chunk of my wages, but nope am planning to put that all into the xmas fund at the end of the week..!

Thanks all for the OS tips and support!!!

Has gone to play on her own little world for a bit..... but its ok the voices in her head came too so she's not alone ;)
  • millienjacksmummy
    Options
    Its been a while since I posted - the meal planning is going well and sticking to a list shopping at the weeekend - done an excel list of foods we buy and then can tick off which of them we need each week depending on what we fancy the following week

Might even develop into one with a meal plan and an itintery of fridge/freezer cupboards

Been chucking loads into freezer recently so lots of leftovers solast week of Oct (when kids are at Grandparents we will be using it all up!)

There was a framers market on this weekend so spent more than I would usually - but it was all yummy and have a fab piece of park in freezer now for whenever we get visitors for dinner!

Am loving going to lidl and it really focussed the mind going to waitorse afterwards!

Making cowboy pie tonight (kids favourite from when they were in nursery - sausages beans and mash with cheese on top) not my fav but its ages since we had it and there are a load of butchers sausages to use up! Plus I got a big bag of spuds at farmers market and 99p for 4 beans.

Got a chicken to strip down tonight for another 2 meals (pie and risotto) have already had a fab roast and 4 days of sandwiches (I love chicken!)

Anyway time to go and pick up the little uns from school!
    Sep GC - £465/£400:rolleyes: Oct GC - £401/400 ;) Nov GC - £ 291.32/400
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Have managed 2 NSDs so far!!! Just had a phone call from my work (local shop) asking if all is ok as theyve not seen me for 2 days!!!
    Im not due in work till tomorrow they were just worried as I've not been in spending normally by now I've spent a good chunk of my wages, but nope am planning to put that all into the xmas fund at the end of the week..!

Thanks all for the OS tips and support!!!

Well done :beer:

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Nomoneymummy_2
    Options
    Know the shopping habits bad when they phone to check your ok after just 2 days....
    Had a habit of nipping in in the am for paper and milk, then getting littlest dd a treat after nursery then eldest dd one after school and then nipping over in the eve for whatever i'd forgotten to pick up in the day etc!!!

Easily getting through £60 a week just in there aswell as my weekly shop! Stoopid really!!!

Has gone to play on her own little world for a bit..... but its ok the voices in her head came too so she's not alone ;)
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Another NSD today but will need to buy some more fresh fruit tomorrow, will have a list and stick to it.:o

Dinner tonight is Pasta with bacon and mushroom and a big bowl of salad.;)

Have a good evening everyone.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure