The SayNoTo0870 Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• dlevene
    dlevene Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that, but what does "landline inclusive minutes" mean? I also couldn't see the two 020 access numbers anywhere on the site: they're all 087 numbers! :confused:
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    dlevene wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but what does "landline inclusive minutes" mean? I also couldn't see the two 020 access numbers anywhere on the site: they're all 087 numbers! :confused:
    O2 inclusive minutes (as you said you're on an O2 contract, I assumed you had inclusive minutes).

If so, the dial-through (gateway) numbers for making 0500/0800/0808 calls are 0200 222 0700 and 0200 222 0900.
    All UK Mobile Networks charge you to call FREEphone numbers, apart from O2 who include them in inclusive minutes on certain contracts.

These charges can be avoided by using the little known Pre-Dial, dial through access numbers 0200 222 0700/0900 out of your mobile to landline inclusive minutes.If one doesnt work try the other.
    That was a July 2006 post though - so ignore the last part of the first paragraph.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • dlevene
    dlevene Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Ok cheers. Any thoughts on using LT with Topcashback for 0870 numbers?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    dlevene wrote: »
    Ok cheers. Any thoughts on using LT with Topcashback for 0870 numbers?
    Or 18185 - http://18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php ?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • woollyjumper
    Options
    [N.B. At the moment (15-11-07), a number of the links in the above text are 'broken' due to the fact that threads which were started before 29-6-07 are currently 'lost'. Martin has said all efforts are being made to 'recover' them but, if that proves not to be possible, those links will never work. If that happens, I will try to remember the text of the post under each link and write replacement posts to which the links can then be pointed.]

FYI:
    Google has archives of the old posts... so it is possible to view the forum posts that have been lost. I successfully have found some of them via google when the link was broken.

Give somebody a hug it costs nothing
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Options
    I'm interested in tracing the link, if such exists, between two numbers being used by Glow-worm UK for what I believe it describes as customer service.

One number is 0870 043 4417.

The other number is 01773 828 100.

I'm wondering if both numbers connect to the same switchboard / call centre.

Unfortunately, the Say No to 0870 website says it can't confirm the link between the two.

And so far, I've been unable to get through on the 01773 number because every time I've rung, it's been engaged.

Sorry if this may at first sight look like a peculiar request for assistance. But there is a good reason for it.

Can anyone here recommend any other 0870 number checking site?

Early help woul.d be much appreciated. Many thanks --

Codger
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    codger.

If you call both of them your get two different answering messages. Its unlikely people would know what call centre they go to, unless they work for them.;)

Their is only one active 0870 number site.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    Codger, the 01773 number you mention is listed on Glow Worm's site:

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/contact_glowworm.asp
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks you two (UB & Dave).

I've been looking into difficulties arising from Glow worm's use of the high-rate 0870 number for emergency calls so your help is appreciated.

Thanks again!

Codger
  • pyart
    pyart Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The regulator has finally made rulings against the use of 0845 and 0870 numbers. The changes to 0870 are coming into effect next year and already companies are switching to 0871, which is being re-classified as a premium rate number. This is going to cost us all more and i am fed up with being robbed by the use of 0845, 0870 and now 0871. I have started a petion to legislate against the use of 0871 and that the government force companies to use 01, 02 or the new 03, which was introduced for their use. You may wish to support this http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/0871numbers/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure