MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. What's the price of romance?

Options

Comments

• sgathach
    Options
    Yes he should still take her but not necessarily that weekend. He should book tickets he can afford for a different time and give her the tickets for her birthday - tickets now, trip later
  • cillitbanger
    Options
    He should definitely take her, he's made a promise and he has the money
    Next time he'll learn to check his prices first
    Don't push me cos i'm close to the edge!:mad:

Anything posted on here by me is my opinion and my opinion only.......... allegedly lol ;)
  • marich
    marich Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    This is only a dialemma for a cheapskate... he should bite the bullet , take her there and especially - ENJOY IT WITH HER .

What an idiot . The travel is only the half of it - let's hope the wee to**er doesn't keep his hand in his pocket all weekend !
  • Ebenezer_Screwj
    Options
    He should get flight tickets instead - or just pay up. If she's that excited I should imagine it would be money well spent.
  • kesblondie
    Options
    Well to start off with he should be more organised, but it is quite a big difference in price and if she is a decent woman she will understand. What he should do is recreate a parisian restaurant in his front room, cook her a lovely 3 course dinner with wine, she will appreciate that he went to all that effort, and he will tell her he will look for cheap deals for a later deal. Both parties happy!
  • kesblondie
    Options
    'We all know that women can seem quite reasonable, but once out of their "natural environment", their behaviour can change radically'.

Which planet are you from?
  • grrrl
    grrrl Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with the other half for 7 years and if he organised a trip to Paris, I'd be delighted.

As a mature, sensible adult ;) I'd be slightly miffed about him paying more for the tickets than he had to, even if he does have the money and it was his treat. I'd much rather save the cash, go on a different day and go out for a meal or trip to the cinema on my birthday instead.

I reckon he should check out the prices for other weekends and if another weekend is doing the tickets at the lower price within the next couple of months, go to her and ask her which she'd prefer. I'd much rather be spoilt on two occasions and save a bit of money than blow it all on one event. I'm definitely worth it!
    Shopping around for insurance:
    £150 saved on annual car insurance renewal
    £41.52 saved on annual pet insurance renewal
    Total saved: £192.52
  • concept59
    Options
    Why does Edward not book a cheap holiday to Paris
    for him and Bella on lastminute.com, where for the
    2 of them for the weekend including flights will be
    less than half of the Eurostar tickets?;)
  • Wondrous
    Options
    If he came to me and told me the situation, I'd be quite happy to go when its cheaper, because the money he will be saving on the fare will be more money spent on me in Paris. There is no point in giving Eurostar more money than necessary.
  • niccatw
    niccatw Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If any-one, especially my other half, said they'd take me to Paris for my birthday, I wouldn't expect it to necessarily be ON my birthday and I'd feel awful if they thought they had to take me, whatever the cost! And I'd probably be horrified by the cost and demand we leave Paris for another time and do something else together instead.
    Jan10: 28,315.81 Jan11: 18,015.32 Jan12: 7,682.58 Jan13: 2,987.73 Current debt: 1,225.55
    HFC [STRIKE]1896.10. [/STRIKE] 225.55 SLC2 [STRIKE]5123.34[/STRIKE] 0 Others [STRIKE]2085[/STRIKE] 1000 Bcard [STRIKE]1172.60[/STRIKE] 0

Mike's Mob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport