MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. What's the price of romance?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• LittleGreyCat
    Options
    He should pay up and put it down to experience.

If he really couldn't afford it he could confess that he miscalculated and beg for forgiveness, but to ask a partner to go away then say "Oh, I thought this would be a cheap shag^h^h^h^hweekend but the price has gone up so it is off" certainly puts the level of his regard up front.

Don't promise what you can't deliver!!

Cheers

LGC
  • musicmaker29
    Options
    he should've checked prior to comitting himself, his own daft fault.

However, his o/h might be the sort of person to be ok with going on a different day if he made her a nice birthday cake on the day or got her some flowers.
  • Kerilinann
    Options
    Wondrous wrote: »
    If he came to me and told me the situation, I'd be quite happy to go when its cheaper, because the money he will be saving on the fare will be more money spent on me in Paris. There is no point in giving Eurostar more money than necessary.

This exactly! 240 quid extra on eurostar, or 240 to spend together in Paris.
    I go for the latter!
  • mrbrightside842
    Options
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    Here's this week's hypothetical situation for you to cogitate on:

In the heat of the moment Edward promises to treat his girlfriend, Bella, to a trip to Paris for her birthday, knowing she’s always dreamt of going. Bella gets really excited and can’t stop going on and on about it. Then Edward goes to book Eurostar tickets for that weekend, assuming he’d be able to get them for £59, but there are no cheap trains or flights left; it would cost £300 return for two. Edward has the money, but it was much more than he was banking on.
    Should Edward take Bella to Paris?
    Click reply to have your say

Previous MMDs: View all

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Edward should let Bella hop on his back and he could get her there himself with his vampire powers.
  • NeedBeer
    Options
    It's my partner's fortieth next year and I've been thinking of taking her to Paris too. Think I'll book the Eurostar now!

There's no dilemma here though, Ted made Bella a promise which she is really excited about and he's got the money to make good on that promise so should stick to it. And when he's there he should treat her properly and not skimp on things just because he spent more on the train than he planned on doing. I'm sure he'll find it's worth it ;)
  • Peter_Close
    Options
    ... and he should keep his promise if he possibly can. He thought he'd pay £108, it's going to be an extra £192... that's steep, but he can afford it. Next time, book the tickets early!
  • before_hollywood
    Options
    if it was me i would do this.....

tell her you have something planned for x dates, make sure she is off work etc, but dont say why.

if he can afford to take her to paris then thats lovely, if not plan something he can afford, that way he has been thoughtful, she is happy :)
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • laurann20
    Options
    I'm planning a trip to Paris, I've compared prices and an easy jet flight is def cheaper than eurostar even at cheap rates, going in May for approx. £50pp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure