PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• tinkerbellsmum_2
    Options
    Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom done

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    done

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1
    Check fire alarms are working
    [STRIKE]Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them![/STRIKE]landlord does it and we r moving
    [STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen.[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    [STRIKE]Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    [/STRIKE]
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all.... the sun is out yipee!!!!!
    dh has taken kids off to school so I'm going to get cracking on today's list early, just going to put the washing on then I'll do HHC 8.50- 9.20 join me if you fancy it :)
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2009 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Morning folks,
    A tad windy here today!
    Bad news, mum has been kept in hospital (with her mouth problems.....an autoimmune thing), so slightly distracted just now.
    Did be a good girl and do good S and S's of toilet, bathroom, kitchen (again!), dust round bedrooms, lounge, hall, computer area, another load of washing, finished first preemie cardi (here if anyone is interested!) and started a body warmer, so not too bad.
    Today's plan is more knitting, continuing with potty training DS, perhaps nip to shops and also laundry (stuff put away as dry etc!).
    Big bugs Zoe, no idea how you must feel, but my thoughts are with you.
    Rosepink, I agree with what others have said, you need to get some face to face help, and also prayer and your Bible will help you through it too (Sorry folks for this religious talk, don't want to scare you, but to Christians faith is a great healer!)...PM me if you need to chat! As for chiro/osteo, well I think I might consider going back to chiro (although did have a scary experience before!).
    Bye for now, hope the rest of you are behaving ;).
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    donna73 wrote: »
    Morning all.... the sun is out yipee!!!!!
    dh has taken kids off to school so I'm going to get cracking on today's list early, just going to put the washing on then I'll do HHC 8.50- 9.20 join me if you fancy it :)

I am in although I may have to start late
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • GemmaBuckle
    Options
    I've not been flying so much as... waddling over the past 24 hours! I had to get 2 bunnies and 1 dog to the vet last night (last time I do double / triple appointments - much too difficult!), then had to drive OH over to my Dad's to pick up his car which my lovely dad has fixed. By the time we got home it was nearly 9pm and we hadn't eaten, so I cheated and used a jar of curry sauce. Didn't manage many of my jobs yesterday. Must do better.
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors and sofas[/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    [STRIKE]Tidy shoes, coats and bags [/STRIKE].. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Grocery Challenge 2010:
    Jan: £163.69/£150 :mad: Feb: £84.27/£150 :D Mar: £150.84/£150 :cool: Apr: ??/£150
    Debt free since 08/04/10
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Morning lovelies! :wave:

Bedding stripped and in WM, kids sorted and packed off to school/College, cat fed and out playing, tidied living room, need to unload then reload the DW with last night's tea things, S&S the kitchen, bung mince & onions in the SC and do todays list, plenty of time to do it as not at work till 11.

Lil_me you're doing great, hope you get a positive result back from Sky.

(((((((hugs))))))) Feefee and for you too Zoe (((((hugs)))))

Check fire alarms are working wired in and yes they work, they gooff regularly,funnily enough when I'm cooking chops :confused:
    Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them! waiting on council for appointment
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance none to do :A
    Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed done in big fling at w/e

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!! also done at big fling w/e
    WM
    DW
    key for work
    S&S kitchen
    SC
    go to exhibition

Been invited by the company who is carrying out the internal works for the council to an 'exhibition of works' sounds better than I'm expecting which is a couple of catalogues to look through and pick what you want, still exciting though,hope it's this year they're doing it will obviously ask when I'm there, but I've got a sneaky feeling it'll be in Jan/Feb BOO!

Best get on times a ticking..
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone. Bright and sunny here today. Another busy day. Off to look at bathroom suites this morning. Then going to see mum and get her out for a walk. Back at the hospital today on the ward.

Dailies done.
    Rubbish out
    Cat fed
    Im saving the bedroom list for the weekend.

Hugs for everyone who needs one.
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Dining Room of Gloom Done!! :D:D:D
    Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three

Joining HHC a little late to do the rest of the ground floor...back later!!

It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone - hope you are all ok :) Lots going on at Boodle household at the mo! I thought I had been doing quite well on the housework front but seem to have quite a bit of catching up still to do...

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Two
    Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge!
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard
    Level Three
    HHI
    Clean the oven
    Extras
    1. Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    2. Wash the windows
    3. Binbag dance
    Level 1
    Vacuum sofas
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister

Extra
    1. Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Check fire alarms are working
    Level 2
    Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Love and compassion to all x
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 9:16AM
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm posting quickly before my PC overheats and dies on me again:rolleyes:.

This morning i have

Fed rabbits
    Watered plants
    Collected laundry
    Got massive spider out of bath:eek:
    Put wm on rinse cycle
    S & S Bathroom
    Made beds
    Put dry dishes away
    Washed up
    S & S Kitchen
    School run
    Cleaned wm drawer
    Wm x 1
    Put washing out
    Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Three
    HHI
    Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level 3
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    Extra
    Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Sort toy corner
    [STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them!
    [/STRIKE]Level 2
    Level 3
    Extras
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter

put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Clean windows in these rooms
    My Extras
    Go through files & shred
    Ebay as much as possible
    Get Pet insurance quotes
    [STRIKE]Book jabs for rabbits[/STRIKE]
    Phone nursery
    Order xmas presents with vouchers
    Sort bags that came out of car
    Deal with small pile of paperwork
    Fill in application forms
    Sort nursery for Ds2
    Update spending spreadsheet
    [STRIKE]Bins out / in[/STRIKE]
    Recycling out

I'm going to do a HHC at 9.15 if anyone wants to join me?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport