PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Options
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Done! Star please tootsie :j

That's 3 stars this week yay! Hmmm not sure what else to do now....I've got an hour to kill.
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    In my HHC, I:
    washed up
    loaded and unloaded washing machine and tumbler
    stripped bed and put linen in washing machine

Off now on second HHC!
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options

Right...so. I've spent the last four days in hospikal. Went in for a scan on to make sure everything was ok after the misscarige and as i was still bleeding they wanted me to stay in. So, wonderfully crappy few days spent in hosp and had another scan today, an awful internal one grrrrr as the bleeding still hadnt stopped and i was getting really bad pains and i am very anemic. Had the scan and they've found fibroidal non malagnent tumours growing in and ourside of my uterus. So obviously i am freaking out. After talking with the consultant they finally discarged me(wanted to keep me in for another three weeks) but after throwing a magor wobbler they've discharged me on medication to stop the bleeding and shrink the growths. I've got another scan booked for two weeks time and hopefully the meds work and they've shunk'd. If not i've got to have surgery to remove them, which ive been told might end up in a hysterectomy. Now im freaking out big time. I dont know what to do, what to say, how to feel, i feel like a walking zombie.
    sorry for such a depressing post. The bonus is that i came home to find the house spotless, the little ones clothes sorted for their first day at school tomorrow and a quilt on the sofa ready for me to fall into. bliss. I am now shopping as i want a slow cooker, ice cream maker and bread machine. any tips? x

First off :T:T:T:T:T:T to Jase for keeping the place neat and tidy for you:A

Secondly, i was thinking of you yesterday:kisses3: at least now you have some idea of whats going on:grouphug:
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • michbright
    michbright Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 September 2009 at 8:17PM
    Options
    I'm here earlier than yesterday but still just limping along rather than 'flying' but I'm sure I'll get there! Will have to fly next week as I have a friend visiting from Sweden for 4 days, so need this place to be clean and tidy and not in CHAOS!

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    DONE! :j:j
    My extras: DONE!

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1

DONE! :j:j
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    [STRIKE]Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!
    [/STRIKE]Extra[STRIKE]Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.[/STRIKE]

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    DONE!:j:j
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance [/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing[/STRIKE]
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms

• milliejo
    Options
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1
    Check fire alarms are working done
    Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them!
    Remove and wash bed linen. done
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!) done
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance done
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing done
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed done
    Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms
    Also tidied dusted polished & vacuumed spare bedroom

Got nothing done yesterday as spent the whole day doing errands so will have to catch up with the lounge later in the week.
    Going to do some job hunting now
  • MadMayFly
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Zoe and FeeFee (((Hugs))) you are having such an awful time

Milliejo am going through redundancy myself – is a very unsettling experience. Have had my first consultation, next is on the day I am back from hols. Have you had a threat of redundancy previously?

Well have not been around much but have managed to catch up with thread! It was a lovely day here yesterday, and as I am on holiday I spent it on the beach…:o Today it is not so hot, but went for an hour’s walk first thing, and should get on instead of sitting here reading posts.

Today I have

Stripped beds and put load in WM
    Washed up
    Cleaned small appliances and wiped half of work surfaces

Going to try and clear other work surface and clean sink, and mop floor.

Mayfly
    "The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting for the old, but on building the new." - Socrates
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning my dears

Kids at school
    Dailies done
    Operation garden bin successful

Hugs to all those in ill health and wishing you all well again soon

Soappie - good luck with your speech

Mummyof5 - the lancing is fine, DS2 had the same thing and the GP went straight for lancing, he didn't feel a thing and it was such a releif to get the gunk out, the pain eases so quick once the swelling is down - he didn't even need the ABs in the end

Busy afternoon with pilates, school meeting and footie training so need to fly this morning.

A few bits to do on here and then back to the sorting - last leg.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Big hugs Zoe i must have missed your post before.

In my 2nd HHC i

Folded 2 loads of clean washing
    Wm x 1
    Put washing out

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Three
    HHI

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Extra
    Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    [STRIKE]Sort toy corner[/STRIKE]
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Extras
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter

put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Clean windows in these rooms
    My Extras
    Go through files & shred
    Ebay as much as possible
    Get Pet insurance quotes
    Order xmas presents with vouchers
    Sort bags that came out of car
    Deal with small pile of paperwork
    Fill in application forms
    Sort nursery for Ds2
    Update spending spreadsheet
    Recycling out

I'm going to do another HHC at 10.20.
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    Options
    Off i go again.........
  • Zoelikesjam
    Options
    Thanks for all the hugs, feelin pretty naff today but better now i know whats happening.
    Thanks jinks xxx
    just got rid of the kids~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    so.....i'm ironing :(
    hehe the joys xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business