PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    wow ajmoney you really are buzzing well done
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • gsysezz
    gsysezz Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    Well that was a very productive half an hour. Removed bedding and put in washing machine - fingers crossed it stays dry out there as it's looking a little 'threatening'. Bagged up a load of kids videos that had been stored under my bed - god knows why but they are going to the charity shop before my DS spots them. Found another collection of ex's cavases .... Vacummed the floor - no mean feat I can tell you!!!

Please can someone tell me the best way to properly clean laminate floors that are very grimy... my bedroom is damp so they aren't nice at all. The de-humidifer needs emptying once or twice a day. Is this normal?

I don't know whats happened to me but the EX seems to have turned me from a real collector of stuff to someone who wants to live in an empty box. I just need to find my mojo for selling all of the 'stuff' on Ebay. I have loads of Fat Face clothes to sell and I know they will make much needed cash.

15 mins on my butt then I'm back in there.....
    Toxic & Tired - Starting 2010 afresh :beer:
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    Afternoon, hugs to all those in need.

Have spent most of the morning driving hubby about so not done much in the house.
    Just had some food and now will probably potter about in the kitchen.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • SarahShattered
    Options
    Poo patrol done... yuck.
    Washing hung out
    Veg box emptied.... anyone got a really yummy marrow recipe?? :confused:

upstairs now, to attempt MB clothes clearance. *sigh*
    MMSSB Club Founder Member
    'Mean Mummies that set and stick to boundaries' :p

• milliejo
    Options
    MADMAYFLY - yes - this is the third round of redundancies I have been included in this year. it has been noticable that the male staff have been protected and the firm has targeted thefemale staff in particular the part time working mothers.
    Make sure you take someone in with you to the consultation meetings and get them to write down everything that was said - asking you to slow down if necessary. my firm tried to misrepresent what was said in one of the meetings so it was lucky I have very detailed notes.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gsysezz.. it isn't just a chimney fire that may cause problems.. not so long ago poor Triker had a major downfall into her front room.. it does need to be done every 6 months if you burn wood and every year if you burn coal. I have 1 open fire downstairs which is used rarely and now just 1 upstairs that is never used.. but we did have 5 when we moved in so I had them all swept and 3 blocked up.

On laminate my clean freak sister uses flash and a mop.

feefee.. once things are sorted and into a proper routine things will settle down and you will find more time for yourself and the house and garden.. Unfortunately in order to get anything at all from these services you have to nag and push and push and nag otherwise they come up with nothing!! I know it is th every last things you want to do but it will benefit you all long term. There should be a disability rights places around that you can call to ask about hiring a carer.. part time or full time etc.. they will be already tried and tested and experienced in working with people with a variety of disabilities.

Zoe.. On a positive note you have a reason for it all and hopefully a way forward. I've had 8 miscarriages and have bled for differing times after each.. I think 8 weeks was so far my longest.. but at least they did do a follow up.. they don't do them here.. and they appear to be looking after you well (unlike me that is too darn difficult to go back lol)

3 loads of laundry done
    2 on the line
    1 was all pants and socks so went in the dryer
    and I've caught up on a coupleof hours sleep
    I have an appointment at the jobcentre about my benefits at 1.. though it is really stupid and a waste of mine and their time.. BUT I will be asking them about applying to the CSA because last month XH gave the children £270 this month they got £170!! .. there are 7 of them living here with me..

Actually I best go now otherwise I'll be late.

Toodles

xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • AnW'sMum
    AnW'sMum Posts: 4,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done dusty :T you've done really well :)

I have done all the ironing, the last loaad out of the TD was mainly underwear so was easily dealt with.

Just got to put it all away now, shall make a start before lunch (got a rumbly tum here!) And then this afternoon I shall go shopping for party tea stuff :D
    Official Mascot and Chief Cheerleader for the 'Mortgage Free in Three' Gang :D
  • achtunglady
    achtunglady Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 12:39PM
    Options
    Managed to do some bits yesterday, but im so shattered having to get up at half 6 compared to 7.45am when they were both at the same school!!

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1

[STRIKE]Vacuum floors and sofas
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Dusting, even if around everything
    [/STRIKE]
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    [STRIKE]Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    [/STRIKE]
    Chucked out a load of old paperwork that gets dumped on the tv cabinet

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on![/STRIKE]!) and banister dont have a banister or stairs
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!

Extra
    1. [STRIKE]Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper. [/STRIKE]
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Clean a window or two.
    4. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Just got my vax carpet washer this morning, going to vacuum the kids room and give it a wash as one of the kids is a phantom night time pee-er on the carpet and none of them will own up, ive threatened them with putting cctv in the room- cctv to see who pees:D

[STRIKE]
    Post off ombudsman form
    [/STRIKE]
    Email college to chase up where my certificate for Paediatric First aid is (did the course in May!!)
    And yes the lady in the avatar is me

Slimming World started 12/5/11 : Starting weight 12st 3lb
    Hoping to get to 9 stone by September 2011

Wk1 -1lb Wk2 -2lb Wk3 +0.5lb Wk4 STS
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wilf55 wrote: »
    wow ajmoney you really are buzzing well done

I doubt it will last. The garden is the main thing that needs tackling before my folks get here at the beginning of next month. I seem to do well in HHCs so I hope they will stretch to the garden. We are wanting to move house so all this time put in now should do us well when we come to put it on the market (hopefully next summer).

How are you getting on?
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • mumofjusttwo
    Options
    Anyway must dash as have to take DS to school :D

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    [STRIKE]Level 1 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE].
    Remove and wash bed linen[/STRIKE].
    [STRIKE]Level 2 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    . [/STRIKE]
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing[/STRIKE]
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Well. Qiuite impressed with my HHC turned into 2HHC. Have hoovered the bed and also underneath it. tried to fix bed-it wobbles;)-need to buy a new bed me thinks, also hoovered the floor, got rid of the cobwebs, sorted out the mornings washing. Now think i will have a :coffee: and catch up on the posts :T
    January Grocery 11/374
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport