PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Triker wrote: »
    WM on x 1

I've brought some glasses from my room to downstairs.

That's it for now.
    Will look at the lists for inspiration today.

I need to find someone who can repair floorboards on a landing, who would I look for, a carpenter?
    Don't overdo things... and if you find someone to do the floorboards, let me know how it goes, as I'm going to need someone to do mine too (after about a million other things, obviously!)
    milliejo wrote: »
    MADMAYFLY - yes - this is the third round of redundancies I have been included in this year. it has been noticable that the male staff have been protected and the firm has targeted thefemale staff in particular the part time working mothers.
    Make sure you take someone in with you to the consultation meetings and get them to write down everything that was said - asking you to slow down if necessary. my firm tried to misrepresent what was said in one of the meetings so it was lucky I have very detailed notes.

Our numbers looked a bit biased towards the women too.... the management team did look scared when someone asked for demographic breakdown by age & gender! If you have a union or employee rep working on the consultation talk to them about what kind of questions you should ask. Otherwise feel free to ask me. I might also be worth looking at how many people have been affected by each round of redundancy, as it might be that the company has split it into 3 small chunks to keep the numbers low and reduce consultation periods... and this might be something that you want to raise as a group.

Otherwise, ask for things in writing, ask for dates, and if you aren't sure, ask for clarification. Remember, if they aren't doing things as they should, the questions you ask may mean that they have to do things again, which means you'll be paid for longer. Don't forget to dig out your contract and go through it carefully so that you know what you are entitled to.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions, and I'm happy to look over your CV if you want. Jo & I have both been through redundancy recently, both in very different circumstances (Jo's was no notice & no redundancy pay, mine was long and drawn out), but we've both managed to find jobs very quickly although it was hard work at the time. Fingers crossed things go OK.

I've just put some laundry on, then have to find next doors hose and wash the sails - we've been sailing this morning, and are now packing up the boats as I don't use them on my own and my dad is off tomorrow morning. I'll be kayaking tomorrow/Friday instead!

The sun is shining at last!
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    I doubt it will last. The garden is the main thing that needs tackling before my folks get here at the beginning of next month. I seem to do well in HHCs so I hope they will stretch to the garden. We are wanting to move house so all this time put in now should do us well when we come to put it on the market (hopefully next summer).

How are you getting on?

am straightening up my front garden today but this meant massive load to tip and now all the weeds are nearly gone

pondering whether to move some of plants from back into front which is just totally bare as ds1 just used to play football in there and destroy everything

he is older now and used the field at the back

starting to clear some hot spots too on the inside

HHC seem to work better for me

i set the timer on the cooker for 1/2 hour and fly like a mad woman (like a mad woman!!:confused::D...am a mad woman)

good luck and keep going:beer:
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • Lady-Liberty
    Options
    Hi All

Just wanted to let you know...for those that don't have FB ;) my scan results came back today, not good news....they are showing more growth....so need to see my oncologist on Monday for a plan of action :eek: but I will keep plodding on......

Hugs to fee & zoe the support you receive on here will certainly go a long way to helping you xx

FFP thanks for your message sweetie...I have replied. love & hugs to you & HRH xx

Rose hope you are feeling better today honey, I have replied to your message & I'm really looking forward to seeing you too xx

I have done 2 loads of washing & HHI so not too bad.......& DH is still fitting the shower....should be finished today I hope.

Hugs to all xx
    “Cancer has my body but not my spirit, and I’ll continue to make jokes, not so much about cancer, but in spite of it” Irwin Barker
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I need another HHC to get things straightened out before I go to work. A bit short notice

HHC 1.00-1.30 anyone?
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update:

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Three
    HHI
    Clean the oven

Extras
    1. Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    2. Binbag dance
    Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum sofas
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Extra
    1. Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 2
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. Clean windows in these rooms
    (took out extra number 3 as not planning on doing anything like that yet.)
    Love and compassion to all x
  • mumofjusttwo
    Options
    LL-hugs for you. If you want to talk..
    January Grocery 11/374
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    I think I need another HHC to get things straightened out before I go to work. A bit short notice

HHC 1.00-1.30 anyone?

yep count me in

LL
    so sorry my fingers are crossed best wishes debx
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • AnW'sMum
    AnW'sMum Posts: 4,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LL so sorry to hear the scan results were not good, you are in my thoughts a lot. Fingers crossed for when you see the oncologist.

I am off to get party tea stuff.

Later gators x
    Official Mascot and Chief Cheerleader for the 'Mortgage Free in Three' Gang :D
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Started off all fly-ish on monday - then it all went a bit pear shaped

hope to catch up 2night/2morrow !

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Declutter and mop[/STRIKE]/vacuum the floors
    [STRIKE]Find and wipe the worksurfaces[/STRIKE] DONE!

Level Two
    [STRIKE]
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards![/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge![/STRIKE]DONE!
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard

Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and replace the cloth if necessary.[/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]DONE!
    [STRIKE]Clean the oven and [STRIKE]hob.. [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]DONE!

Extras
    1. [STRIKE]Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best[/STRIKE]DONE!
    2. Wash the windows
    3. [STRIKE]Binbag dance[/STRIKE]DONE!
    4. Dust and Deweb

Eltee's Monday Extra Excitement
    1. [STRIKE]WM x 3 [/STRIKE]DONE!
    2. [STRIKE]DW x 3 [/STRIKE]DONE!

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas

Level 2
    Dusting, even if around everything
    [STRIKE]Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe[/STRIKE] DONE!
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets

Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    [STRIKE]Tidy shoes, coats and bags[/STRIKE] .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house!

Extra
    1. [STRIKE]Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.[/STRIKE] DONE!
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Clean a window or two.
    4. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Eltee's Tuesday Extra
    1. HHDDAW (Half Hour Desk Declutter at Work - just for a change:rolleyes:) pencilled in for 2pm

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE] DONE!

[STRIKE]Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them![/STRIKE] DONE!
    Remove and wash bed linen.

Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance

Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed

Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms

Eltee's Wednesday Wishes
    1. [STRIKE]Order DS's Birthday present[/STRIKE] DONE!

Eltee's September Stuff
    1. Sort out OH's tax return
    2. Sort out DS's tax return
    3. Sort out own finance recombobulation
    4. Buy new rotary line
    5. Start distance-learning course
    6. de-clutter linens & towels
    7. Get that bl:eek::eek:ming great telly out of my front room and into the garage!
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well thats us been to Lidl and Coop and managed to get all we need for just over £20! Very happy with that. Can tick another thing off list :) and the plan for this afternoon is to:
    1. hoover
    2. make FIL birthday card
    3. prepare a nice chicken and pepper concoction!
    4. maybe do some knitting if any time left.
    Also want a shower.
    DS is still doing well and pee pee'd in two toilets when we were out....even waited to get to them and no wet pants :D:D. He got a nice new dig dig digger for £2 from charity shop so he is well chuffed.
    LL sorry the results were not good news, you sound like you have a strong spirit though and are marching on against it!
    Anyone fancy joining me on an HHC at 1.30 ?
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure