PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thur 3rd Sept 09

Options

Comments

• thriftlady_2
    Options
    Thriftlady - re ' THE TALK', my 9yo is developing rapidly, but don't want to have the talk yet :o.
    I did it in the car. The car is the best place for these sort of chats because no-one has to make eye contact, and they can't wander off. I'd been picking boxes of tampons off the shelves whilst doing the shopping with her all holiday expecting her to say 'Mum, what are those?', but she never did. So today after she failed to take the bait yet again:rolleyes: I said 'Do you know what these are?', and took it from there.
  • grandmasam
    Options
    Thanks snoozer

Forewarned is forarmed, little minxes :rotfl:
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    purpleivy wrote: »
    Not just me then LOL!:rotfl:
    Tell you what, if you will then I will! How's that for a dare?

Just been making even more to go in! I have visitors during a stressful week in mid October, so before term gets going I thought I would get some stuff prepared other than the usual bol.

What's even worse is my Fridge is chocka too, so have to use that up before I can start on the freezer. Maybe need to do some planning - use the bulkiest up first.

Just had a quick read, Pen-Pin hope DH's foot is OK.
    Helyg - I'll keep thoughts with the girl, I hope she is OK
    Cranky - Glad you are winning the sleep wars
    NPM - pleased to here DS settled at school
    H-J Hope DTwin is better soon

Tomorrow I have the funeral of an old work friend back when I was single and first married, she had been treat for ME, but seems it was Crohns which had not been diagnosed and she bled to death internally. Not going to be a good day for everyone, and she is younger than me so I think that makes it harder to bear.

Take care all - DG

DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Thanks Guys!

OH up hospital with his dad. I really hope his foot is ok. He was walking and his foot went over and crunched. Took his trainer off and did look like it was puffy in the middle. Men!...lol.

Hugs to all.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,didnt get on yesterday as I went to a family get together at my aunties house.we like to catch up during school hols as my cousin works in a school ,so had a good old gossip,there were 6 of us.I had to alter my mealplan so I could just warm up some roast beef in gravy i had put in the freezer,for speed when I got in.

DB and his partner,and DN visited this morning,then they were all going bowling.She is back to school next week,so wont see her for a bit.She has taken to saying that I am like Mrs Doubtfire :eek: DH has assured me I dont resemble her in the slightest so I can only think its the kind nature we have in common! Needless to say Dh,DB and DSons think its hilarious :rolleyes:

I am still waiting for my new sewing machine to arrive.I ordered it last week,the man said it woud arrive after the Bank hol.:confused: I suppose he's not wrong there.

Salmon steaks for tea,quick to do.I still have quite a few in the freezer from the 2 whole ones I got from the fish market.
    Very wild here,a big branch has just fallen on the conservatory roof and made us jump.

Helyg-how horrible, hope everyone involved recovers quickly and fully.

Ah well,better go and do some ironing.Take care everyone (((HUGS)))
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HelyG - what a horrific thing to happen. It must have rocked your community.

PenPin - sorry about DH's foot. From your description, it does sound broken. Hope you feel better now, too.

Well, I've made some bread and cakes and had to sample all of them. I've had to put them all away where I can't see them. It's rained, stopped, and rained again but I think the washing is drying at the moment. It's very breezy here today.

Well, the kettle is calling so see you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    HelyG that is horrible. I hope all concerned make a quick recovery and get all the support they need.

Thriftlady and anyone else doing "the talk" soon... I did it last weekend with my two 8 year olds and would strongly recommend the book "Let's talk about grils, boys, babies, bodies, families and friends" by Robie E Harris. ;)
    The talk itself wasn't too traumatic and I think it was a relief for them as they'd been hearing horror stories in school. :rolleyes:
    Only one major embarrassment since when a friend of mine asked twin2 if she would like a baby brother and twin2 replied that Mummy and Daddy would have to have sex. :eek: OH's face was priceless. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Don't listen to them Grandmasam. That is definitely Aussie on a good day ;):D:p.

Have made pork stroganoff and 2 mince and onion pies for the freezer and have 2 meals worth of chicken casserole in the slow cooker for next week.
    Trying to master knitting flowers for the girls' beanie hats I made yesterday without much success :o.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RosyRed wrote: »

I am still waiting for my new sewing machine to arrive.I ordered it last week,the man said it woud arrive after the Bank hol.:confused: I suppose he's not wrong there.

QUOTE]

Blowing hard here a little bit to the west of you Rosyred.

What sort of a sewing machine are you getting? ANything fancy? I love sewing and go to a nice club that started via The Sewing Forum. It's at Sale Moor every other MOnday. We drink tea, share stuff, help each other etc and sometimes we even sew:rotfl::T :beer:Hmm no cuppa tea smiley!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • GemmaBuckle
    Options
    Hi - I'm a newbie here on the forums and currently battling with my OH over our need to save money (his helpful suggestion was that we count a new computer as a christmas gift. Hmm). Anyway, I work full time so my OS activities are pretty limited until I get home, but so far today I've put some laundry on the line (and cringed as it kept threatening to rain!) and eaten leftover HM Meatballs for my lunch (Does eating something count as OS?). Tonight I'm reheating HM Carrot & Lentil Soup (although my boyfriend thinks it's tomato as he doesn't like Carrots or lentils) and hopefully polishing off my ironing pile. Fortunately it's not too much as OH is a carpenter and doesn't wear anything that requires ironing! Today should be a No-Spend-Day, unless somebody has bought chocolate again (sneaky!). Tomorrow is weekly-shop day, but I'm leaving work early so I can take my time trawling the local shops looking for bargains.
    Saturday is our village show which I help organise and run - it's a long day but great fun and we get to buy the veggies cheap at the end of the day. Surely that will hit a few OS buttons?
    Off to check out the flylady thread now. Wish I could be a stay-at-home-mum. Slightly tricky due to (a) mortgage and (b) no children!
    Gemma
    Grocery Challenge 2010:
    Jan: £163.69/£150 :mad: Feb: £84.27/£150 :D Mar: £150.84/£150 :cool: Apr: ??/£150
    Debt free since 08/04/10
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Gemma! I have a few spare kids if you'd like some! Just had text from ds to tell me he's bringing back some mates - good job the pork loin is huge! Best get some more veg at the ready!

dd3 has just arrived home, apparently shop brought choc bars are no longer required and she wants proper cake in her lunchbox - so I shall be whipping up some choc muffins a bit, which will please oh as well!

Just noticed that new freezer is eating electricity, so about to investigate settings - less than a year old so shouldn't be too bad really - prob just pushed a fast freeze button somewhere!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport