PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thur 3rd Sept 09

Options

Comments

• HariboJunkie
    Options
    Celyn you are so talented :T:T:T

Well done to Taplad on the job :beer:
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello All,

Well i have had a productive day so far. Three loads of laundary all washed and dried, ive emptied the bins ready for bin day tomorrow and i have been food shopping.

I managed to find some cheap food 'take away' style containers ready for my batch cooking session which will happen as soon as my container arrives (still no date as yet, still with customs).

Tonight Im cooking chicken rogan josh (but i may spice it up a little more) with rice, swilled down with a glass of vino i think :)

Ive applied for another 4 jobs and have recieved 2 more 'thanks but no thanks' emails :( maye my dream job will be advertised tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone

Pix
    x
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    :j:jBack to school day here :j
    Windy outside but they say no rain this afternoon for us so may put some washing out later
    Aussie i pressed the like buton yesterday too many bits on the first post. Must say thought the haircut was very you how lovely of you to send a photo to Haribo so she could copy you:rotfl:
    Taplady glad to hear that DS got on so well it is such a boost for them
    Celyn lovely earings
    Cranky:T on the sleep regime
    Haribo hope twin 2 feels a bit better later
    Halight glad you are feeling better today
    right pork strips and new pots and veg for tea so better get on as kids are on short days now pick up at 2.30 tue-fri but 3.45 on a mon
    Have a good day
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning folks
    Windy here and a bit rainy too.
    Plans for the day include cleaning the fridge and tackling (some of) the ironing pile. It is HUGE! Also need to have another go at cleaning oven before I buy industrial strength stuff. Am I right in thinking I can give the bottom of it a scrub with bicarb and lemon juice? Haven't any vinegar left.
    Might watch the taped Gastronomy from last night while I do my ironing this afternoon. Need also to take doggies out but will try to dodge showers for the older one - her fur takes ages to dry and she won't walk with a dog coat on. She just stands and won't budge:rolleyes:.
    Ok, over and out here. Off to wash hair which has been plastered with warm almond oil.
    Take care all
    PenPin - hope you are feeling a bit better
    w
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,768 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cranky - good news on your operation sleep wars ;) Why on earth is butter being banned from school dinners? (although given the cost I can't imagine they'd use it anyway). Its such a good idea to pump kids full of trans fats instead :mad:

It's to tackle childhood obesity apparently linky here reduced fat or none at all is ok.

Haribo hope DTwin2 is better soon
    Taplady well done to Taplad!

Just having a 5 minute break after making pancakes and before doing the ironing.....
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 September 2009 at 2:26PM
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Thanks Aussie, will give that a go, the sweeties are for christmas, I did not want to mention the word just yet, in case it sent anyone into a frenzy of shopping and baking :D

The fish is ........................ Smoked Vietnemese River cobbler :p:embarasse_pale_:shhh: Just don't tell anyone :D
    xx
    I have had that loads of times YS from Mr T and it's lovely. Tastes like smoked haddock and miles cheaper even at full price. They also do breaded which I found yellow stickered yesterday at £1 for 2 huge pieces and it actually tasted like plaice. The breadcrumbs didnt stick on one side but my fmate tells me thats my grilling technique...
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    those earrings look beautiful:T
    havent been in for a while as i kept puter use (well typing really ) to a minimun as ive got a trapped nerve in my shoulder and it hurt like heck. slighhtly easier now but still twinges iff i try and do too much and the pins and needles in my hand are a pain.

hope all are well sending hugs to those who need /want them.

storm seems to have blown over here we now have blue skies so hopefully will tackle some of laundry mountain that seems to have engulfed the bathroom.

boys were back to school today (which means ive got to go back to work at lunch time BOO )

have a good day all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you all liked my hair. :rolleyes: :D Wasn't she a sweety though.

My eyes are so sore and bloodshot. Jewel Quest (it's a game) is driving me nuts. It even flashes in my brain as I'm trying to get to sleep. :D Tea was nice. Had leftover curry from the other night. Curry always tastes nicer the second day.

Haribo Hope DTwin is well tomorrow. That way you'll have less time on your hands. :p
    Celyn Wow, they look great.
    Taplady Well done to your DS.
    annie What sort of prescription pasta they have at the chemist?
    ruby Mmmmmmm yummy _pale_ :D

Isn't it interesting reading my rubbish. :D I'm off to shower and annoy DH. Enjoy the rest of your day. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• jayward
    jayward Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning,
    today i am going to bake i think,bubble and squeak cakes and sausage for tea.
    ham sandwiches from the joint i did the other day
    I'm putting some low lights in my hair
    well done taplad,
    nice to see lots of familiar posters and new ones too welcome
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya all,

I hope all is going well with everyone else (in any number of ways). Thank you to everyone with kind wishes yesterday, it was really sweet. :D

Unfortunately I managed to spend nearly £75 on stuff for the house, food, material, wool for a jumper and some new circular needles yesterday - not hugely MSE but I may blame the anaesthetic which was about three hours from being fully out of my system when they released me into the wild yesterday. :o

In my defence, some stuff is for christmas (thus not in my grocery budget) and I did get some great bargains from Mr T's such as oh-so-necessary Fru cheesecakes down from £2 to 20p, 5 lbs of strawberries for £1.50 and 5 rump steaks from £9.80 to £2.26. I also saw my consultant (who I work with) as I wandered round Tesco and he warned me not to be too active, I told him I was fine and now today, I'm not going to be eating any of my steak as I am on mushed up weetabix, :mad:

Also, today I am planning to make the curtains for my new place with the most expensive piece of material I bought yesterday and to start making the jumper for my uncle - assuming I don't fall asleep. :rotfl:

Celyn, I absolutely love those chocolate earrings... they look good enough to eat!

Hugs to all,

Maite.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport