PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thur 3rd Sept 09

Options

Comments

• NoahsPennilessMummy
    Options
    Helloooo
    Up at 5 30am this morning...a lie in for me:rotfl:
    Finding I have a life after all now that DS has gone back to school:j. He settled well and his new one to one seems fab. They hadnt changed a black toilet seat for his white one:rolleyes:but are doing it today...they have only had 8 weeks;)
    Have read my food mags in peace this morning and chatted to mum on the phone. Have just made some choc buns for DS and am grabbing some lunch before whizzing round house to tidy!
    Had delivery of meat from Farm shop today and just managed to squeeze it in freezer:o
    Fatcat has slept on the bed all morning having spent yesterday ( and much of the last 8 weeks) being chased up and downstairs with a toy sword being poked at her bottom:cool:
    Bitsy hope your mum is ok. I swear I spent at least 2 years of DS`s toddler years half asleep infront of CBeebies:rotfl:
    Taplady well done to DS on the job...thats such an achievement for him:T
    Aussie loving the hair;):p:D

well better tidy round before it gets to picking up from school time!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    HELYG - Thats terrible hope all corcerned recover.
    Thriftlady - re ' THE TALK', my 9yo is developing rapidly, but don't want to have the talk yet :o.
    NPM - Glad you can finally chill ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG helyg that is awful for everyone involved etc. You are all going to have to help each other get through this by the sounds of it.. what a horrible thing to have happened. Hopefully the girl won't be too traumatised by this and recovers okay.
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • grandmasam
    Options
    Hi all,
    Wet and very windy here as well, and i have a sweater on as i'm cold, and it's only the beginning of september !!! Treated myself this morning and had eyebrows threaded, cant see without glasses anymore to pluck them myself! I am so pleased,except i can see the laughter lines [wrinkles!!]now, ah well, at least they are tamed :D

Have cut up a ys chicken ,a la econ gastro,and frozen most of it ,the thighs and drumsticks are in sc with loads of veggie that were lurking in the bottom of the fridge, so i will have most of it to freeze along with yesterdays sc offerings.

Last evening i was sitting watching tv and a mouse ran out from behind it and ran across the floor :eek: so this afternoon i have to clear the pantry and find a couple of traps, or shall i get poison?? At least it wasn't a rat, that would really worry me.

pp hope you feel better soon and OH foot recovers
    Aussielass your hair is so pretty, and lovely to put a face to the name!
    Have a lovely day everyone
    caz
    Saving for another hound :j
    :staradmin from Sue-UU
    SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.27
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    donny-gal wrote: »
    OMG:mad::o:eek::D The stuff in the old freezer won't fit into the new one:o

Looks like we have to keep it a week or two 'til we use up. Just typing up freezer list, wouldn't dare post it - it would feed an army and there is only two of us:o:mad::D:eek:
    DG

Not just me then LOL!:rotfl:
    Tell you what, if you will then I will! How's that for a dare?

Just been making even more to go in! I have visitors during a stressful week in mid October, so before term gets going I thought I would get some stuff prepared other than the usual bol.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, wild here too but rain has eased a little. I woke to find a small pool of water on our bedroom floor, which seems to be coming from behind the fitted wardrobe - rang OH at work to let him know so he is going to have to get into the loft this evening and check if any damage to roof etc.:eek:

Helyg that is so awful - I do hope that both girls recover from their ordeal.
    Pen-pin - hope your OH's foot is Ok

Tea tonight is YS pork chops, roast potatoes and roast veg so a nice easy one again.

Have a good afternoon all

x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear grandmasam, I'm afraid Haribo and Aussie have a track record of pulling each other's legs. I can assure you that Aussie is much younger than the lady in the picture!

Well I've not had time to get back on here since returning from hols. We had a lovely time, brilliant sunshine every day and did lots of walking.

Back to the grindstone now and we're gearing up to help DS move out into rented accomodation with his GF. I'm going to miss him but he's been promoted to another brach and it's too far for him to commute given the odd hours he does. They are moving to a town about 40 mins away which will be an easy drive for him and a good commute for GF to London.

After that its all stations go on decorating the spare bedroom (not Ds's) for visitors in October.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone

Halight - what about some HM calendars with pictures of the twins on?
    Celyn90 - those earings are lovely
    Cranky - both my two have packed lunches luckily, when I helped out at the school fete I had to use the school kitchens & there was definately no sign of real butter there, was something that looked liked marg though.

V late posting from me as this morning was so hetic with phone calls and the back to school rush. DS went in reasonably happy this year but I had to pick him up at lunchtime as we are leaving for a hospital appointment in a minute so he only had to endure 3 hours. DD was dropped off later as they allow the Year 7's to have the school to themselves for a couple of hours.

Its sunny and windy here today so needless to say there is a load of washing on the line,have no ironing until that lot is dried.:j

Ended up having a light tea last night so probably will be spag bol tonight as long as I dont get held up at the hospital too long, its about 45 minutes away and I will be coming home in peak traffice:eek:

So not too much OS to report today, havnt been too bad but will be doing loads more next week when have a full week with the kids at school.
    x
  • Essex-girl_2
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »
    Oh dear grandmasam, I'm afraid Haribo and Aussie have a track record of pulling each other's legs. I can assure you that Aussie is much younger than the lady in the picture!

"Much" ??:confused::confused::rotfl:
    Sorry Aussie;)
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2009 at 2:09PM
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Was trying to sleep off my cold when oh phoned - no rest for the wicked he tells me! He wanted to check what time we were out in a couple of weeks as he's volunteered to help a mate do a wedding! Had almost forgotten we were going to the theatre - Puppetry of the Penis here we come!!!! Best take my glasses when we go!

Anyway I've done very little this morn, whizzed round the bathrooms again, what on earth the kids were up to whilst I was at work last night is a mystery, but they managed to created chaos!

Will be enlisting the kids help with some hoovering and tidying later, and I shall be starting on the kitchen in a bit, well after another cuppa!

Lunch today for kids was hm rolls with cheese, hm yoghurt, shop choc biscuits (cue much excitement from dd3!) and apples and raisins.

Dinner will be roast pork with roast new pots and whatever veg I can dig out of the freezer. Will do a crumble for pud.

Hope everyone has a good day, off for a read back now xx

Edit: forgot to say, Harrods are opening their Christmas grotto booking online on 22 Sept. This year there will be an admin charge of £5, which will be re-credited to your Harrods reward card. First time ever had to pay to my knowledge? BTW the reward card is just that, free and a bit like a Tesco clubcard - always makes me giggle when I see it in my purse! Santa will be receiving visitors in his grotto from 7 Nov to 24 Dec.
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport