PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thur 3rd Sept 09

Options

Comments

• donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All - It's still raining here:mad:

Plans for today involve a freezer inventory and swop over to new freezer then clean and find a new home for the old one.

Hoping it may dry up to get some washing done later.
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

Operation sleep wars is finally over. I popped cranky the elf into bed last night at 6:35pm, and read to him until 7pm. There wasn't a peep out of him until his light came on at 6:30am (it used to be 6am, but I've had enough of that too).

Hopefully I'll have enough energy to actually do something today. I need to make some more scotch pancakes, and I want to get some hobnobs stashed away too, ready for school lunchboxes next week.

I've just seen on the online news that butter is now banned from school dinners. I can't put what I'm thinking into words, but ds will be staying packed lunches for the forseeable future.

It's like winter here too. I had a lovely yellow rose in my garden last night. There's not one petal left on it this morning!

Take care all of you
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a wild morning!

I'm cross! fished a lump of iffy cheese out of the freezer for tonight's leek/cheese bake thingy, stuck it in the micro to defrost. Only it's had rather tooo long...like the clock seemed to be set to 71 mins when I smelt it. That could have been nasty. Thank heavens it only got to the very melted stage and not the very smokey stage! Will revert to bogstandard cheese from the fridge. THere I was trying to use up!

Dish is nearly ready. DD finds it hard to cope with the idea that I might be cooking at this time of the morning. I figure if I'm up I might as well get on with something. I love getting to late afternoon and knowing that I just have to put the whatever in the oven.

Just me and kids tonight as dh working away. Someone coming for pedicure this evening. Other than that I can please myself today. DD scrounged the car for work so I shan't be going very far...esp this weather.

They all enjoyed the Econ Gastron quesedillas last night and there was some left over for the kids for their packed lunches. Must remember to do that more often as it beats making butties...well, dd will be going off to Uni end of the month (accommodation bill - £1500+ for this term- just arrived:eek:). Am going to divide pasta bake into separate dishes to suit all ( veg/meat etc)

Will no doubt be back here later. Need some tea though. Have a good day all.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

OK we have the correct day now for DD1 going back to school :o:D, The trial run yesterday helped so much :o:D.

Flipping windy and rainy last night here too. Bright but windy today (no not me the weather :D).

Tea tonight will be Ham egg and chips (posh one from reciepe book :confused:). Can i freeze the bone until i have the split green peas to make pea and ham soup?

Everyones been fed and watered, so now off to wash and dress DS1.

Hope you all have a good day x

I freeze bones, celery ends etc in a bag in the freezer until I have enough to make it worth putting the big pan on. So much effort than doing just one chicken's worth.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

Hope you are all well. Haven't managed to get on here since BH Monday. Very windy here today and it rained last night, first time for weeks. I don't mind as my garden is really suffering.

No work for me today, so plan to go food shopping after I've looked in my freezer and written a menu plan. Need to go to the farm shop as well. Have got into the terrible habit of buying my veg in Asda. DS isn't back at school until Monday.

Have a good day all

Janny
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cranky - good news on your operation sleep wars ;) Why on earth is butter being banned from school dinners? (although given the cost I can't imagine they'd use it anyway). Its such a good idea to pump kids full of trans fats instead :mad:
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    Morning...its wet and windy here too today.
    Had a bad nights sleep too as my youngest decided he didn't want to go to bed til after midnight.
    Packed daughter off to school this morning, proud mummy made courgette and spring onion muffins last night for her lunch...fingers crossed they go down ok :)

Hubby has promised hes gonna stop being lazy today and start the jobs hes promised to do for the last few weeks , so hopefully it should be a productive day.

Dinner tonight will hopefully be a pasta dish, dependant on whether the chemist has got hubbies prescription pasta in.

Have a good day everybody :)
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:

Aussie, I think your hair looks great :D
    Cranky, Glad you got some sleep :j
    Ruby, I can second the cornflour idea having tasted Aussie's chutney (and lived to tell the tale :p)

Had planned to get into the office today but Dtwin2 is poorly so I'm housebound.
    Still plenty of paperwork to get done this morning and then and afternoon of batch cooking some mince and baking a cake :D.
    Had a fabulous afternoon with the children at the school yesterday. I will never forget their faces when they dug up the spuds. The school canteen are going to serve all their HG veg tommorrow :j.

Better go and do some work :rolleyes:.

Bye for now

Haribo x
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

I need sleep...

My industry partners are coming today. I worked form 6 am to 11 pm getting stuff sorted out to show them and was back in at 6am today :( I haven't been asked for anything, but I just don't want to be blindsided. I know it probably won't happen as my new workplace is much more normal than me previous one, but still. I hate data processing :(

I made some earrings for the work experience student as I couldn't sleep when I got home. I thought I would be able to use some of the ones I had already made, but ended up making new ones to put silver jump rings in instead of gold coloured ones.

CIMG2149.jpg

Right - must get back to work. OH made chicken soup last night, so probabaly that again for dinner.

anniefm - the muffins sound great :)
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

A big thanks to Haribo for starting my day off with a giggle!:T that pic of Aussie had me in stitches:rotfl::D

Halight - hope the headache is all gone!

Cranky - congratulations on winning the battle:T:j

3 days off now:j:j:j I am in dire need of a break ATM - life seems to be going at high speed here.

Good news - DS2 has been asked back to work again this Sunday, this time waiting on so he must have impressed them:j am so pleased for him as it will do wonders for his confindence.:T

I've had my colposcopy appointment through - 2 weeks time so not too long to wait.

OS things - washing nearly ready to hang out - very blowy here so hope to do a fair bit today. Ironing nees doing. Asda delivery coming tonight.
    House all clean.

Later I hope to deliver some more slimming world leaflets, good exercise and I get to nosey at peoples gardens for inspiration:D

Hope you all have a great day x

Ceyln - those earings look good enough to eat!
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport