We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

InaPickle getting out of a pickle!

Options

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EEEWWWWWWW!

It could have been worse - at least you had your feet covered :rotfl:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hypno06 wrote: »
    EEEWWWWWWW!

It could have been worse - at least you had your feet covered :rotfl:

I know, but I'm still going to feel violated by slime for ages! :( _pale_
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG! I've been keeping a spending diary and decided to add up how much I've spent on sweet rubbish through the month. I guessed that the vast majority of that could be cut back on in a money saving initiative. I guestimated that I have spent £25 on coke, chocolate etc. during the month which is lot, but I was literally gobsmacked when I totted it up to £96.31, not including coffees I meet friends for (my main social life as we live far from one another), or the occasional lunch I've bought out (I'm much better than I used to be on that front.) :eek:

That is a simply disgusting total: I cannot believe it. No wonder I'm broke and have put on weight! And that's considering that it's two and a half days before payday. Needless to say I won't be spending any more on rubbish before then...or after, hopefully! :eek:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In my (partial) defence I would like to say that I work in a shopping centre where drinks etc are sold at a premium so if I want/need one, I have to pay a premium, but that's still no excuse whatsoever...

..Phew! I've just recounted that total as it just seemed too ridiculously high. After several checks I've now come back with a total of £46.81, which is far more reasonable in one way, and still not reasonable at all in another. Thank heavens. I really nearly died at the previous amount! :rolleyes:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Am selling things on Ebay to get rid of the clutter in my room. I listed them last Sunday and 5/8 have watchers, with 2/8 currently having bids. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I'm just investigating how to sell books on Amazon as I can't see anything on the website about the postage (I REALLY need to find my glasses!) - thank heavens for the helpful people on this site: I've just found an appropriate thread. :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• Different_Corner
    Options
    Pickle
    The Amazon postage is usually shown when you list an item. Something like £1.75 for a DVD by first class I think. I may be wrong. Some books are £2.25. You can choose between worldwide sales or just national when you list.

I find it is an awful lot easier than ebay. Educational books go very well on there.
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pickle
    The Amazon postage is usually shown when you list an item. Something like £1.75 for a DVD by first class I think. I may be wrong. Some books are £2.25. You can choose between worldwide sales or just national when you list.

I find it is an awful lot easier than ebay. Educational books go very well on there.

Thanks Different_Corner. I've since found out about the postage, and it's funny yous should mention the educational books as I have quite a few useless (to me!) leftovers I will be happy to get rid of. The Great Declutter continues...:rolleyes:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 September 2009 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Ok, so I have just FINALLY sent that blinking e-mail to France: I started it days ago, but needed to check some facts and figures on an official piece of paper I have been sent, only I couldn't find the piece of paper in my room! :mad: As luck has it, I just remembered that I could find the details I needed in ann old handbook (it only took me ages to figure that out :rolleyes:). I have to admit it's my fault as I've let my room become untidy this past few days, so therre's no-one else to blame. My afternoon will now comprise of putting my room back in order as I really need to find my glasses which are lost somewhere in there as well, checking the things I've got for sale in Ebay for any questons, tidying the house ready for mum's imminent return (needs a deep clean - thank heavens I got through so much washing yesterday!), walking the dog, typing up invoices for mum's company, doing a bit of food shopping, cooking dinner, packing Ebay sales and figuring out finances. Phew!

But first, a shower...no, invoices, then clean-me!

P.S. I bought another bar of chocolate yesterday. (Last one, I promise!) :o
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• Different_Corner
    Options
    Aha, you bought a bar of chocolate - but is it still in one piece ie untouched ?
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 September 2009 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Aha, you bought a bar of chocolate - but is it still in one piece ie untouched ?

:rotfl:Yeah, right! And alcoholics just buy bottles of alcohol cos they look pretty...they stare at them for AGES! ;)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills