InaPickle getting out of a pickle!

Options

Comments

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lee and Sparkly: still no! :eek: Tried ringing her last night only to get her answerphone. I left an ineloquent answerphone message and await a reply. What's a girl to do?!

In other events, went for dinner with my friend last night (yum!), and find the procrastination book has calmed me right down and taught me some good tactics. I will be getting on with them at 09.00: I'm just waking up now. *Yawns* x
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awww Pickle thats seriously rough - hope you hear today!!!!

Enjoy studying :D
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Becky - me too! :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• LeeSouthEast
    Options
    That really is rubbish. Keep on at them; it's only your whole life!!

Dinner sounds nice, at least it isn't all doom and gloom :)
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dunno about that, Lee. Just spoke to DisSup she basically said leave it, it's over. One lecturer, who left the uni a few years ago and didn't hand the mark in for the work I did for him (an aural presentation) has turned around and said that we were supposed to write it up and hand it in to him as well (which I swear on my life I didn't hear, never saw a single other student hand in or ever hear them talk about outside class), another has just left before I've given her my essay, a third never handed in my mark and....argh!!!!!!!!! How rubbish can you get?!

Anyway, I'm supposed to ring her back tomorrow afternoon. If it's really over I can't understand what the point is, so I'm hoping that there is some small glimmer of hope left as I was talking to her about my dissertation she seemed to thaw a bit ( I think. Ish. Mabye. Or maybe I'm just clinging to false hope). What's worse, apart from leaving it all behind, is that I could have been working full-time this whole time instead of part time and never would have been in this financial mess in the first place, and how am I going to explain the hole in my CV? Can you imagine it in an interview: "So, you're a trained interpreter and translator. Please explain to me why you chose to spend a year working PART-TIME in two shops after your graduation?"? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bum............

That's about the most constructive thing I can think of to say in the circumstances :o
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMFG!!!! Thats ruddy awful - can you go camp on their doorstep or something or maybe get your mp to take up the case??
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's in France. There's nothing they can do. A lot of changes have happened in the uni system over there in the past few years. I have the impression that they don't even know what they are doing themselves any more. Gah!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• LeeSouthEast
    Options
    I've sat here for the last 5 minutes trying to come up with something constructive to say.

I still can't think of anything except a whole bunch of expletives. That's CR4P!

*hugs* Pickle.. at least it isn't your fault, which is some small consolation.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've sat here for the last 5 minutes trying to come up with something constructive to say.

I still can't think of anything except a whole bunch of expletives. That's CR4P!

*hugs* Pickle.. at least it isn't your fault, which is some small consolation.

Thanks, but not so much. I mean, it's not like I've done it all in a year (I've been part-time which I think has been part of the problem as it has meant that they've had the chance to partially 'forget' me), but I've wasted so long not having a decent job or getting a decent career while doing this. If I don't get it, it's like nothing constructive will have come of the past year or so's worth of work, plus it will leave a fairly unpleasant post-graduate mess to explain on my CV (I can explain it away as luck goes, but it will leave on hell of a bitter taste in my mouth.) I'm trying to locate some old classmates who might be able to help in confirming that we didn't have any written work to submit to that comlete twazzock of a teacher, but I don't know what my chances are. I've got to speak to DisSup again today, so I'll see how that goes. x
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family