We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

InaPickle getting out of a pickle!

Options

Comments

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi in a pickle, well done with everything so far. you are doing well! Take care

Unfortunately not (particularly sweet eating!), but thanks anyway. I get paid next week, so I'm looking forward to being able to put more in my savings and sort out some bits and pieces which need attending to. x
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• InaPickle wrote: »
    Unfortunately not (particularly sweet eating!), but thanks anyway. I get paid next week, so I'm looking forward to being able to put more in my savings and sort out some bits and pieces which need attending to. x

Sorry, hadn't paid attention to all previous posts but Im sure sorting out your bits and pieces next week will qualify for a well done!!!Im just saying it in advance!!! Take care
    My debts at LBM (2009)Grand Total £161,983.77.(Incs everything, mtge, cr cards, loans)
    May 2013 £124,080.27= £37,903.50 paid off WOW!!!!! Well done! There is a guardian angel out there! :AI'm visualising success, debt freeness, and happy days!:T
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry, hadn't paid attention to all previous posts but Im sure sorting out your bits and pieces next week will qualify for a well done!!!Im just saying it in advance!!! Take care

:T Thanks! :rotfl:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P

• poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Pickle :wave:

Just been reading your thread and wanted to say bravo on taking the French MA in the first place, and I'm keeping my fingers (and a couple of toes) crossed that it works out for you!

Look forward to following your progress :D

LOVE the idea of a book on procrastinating by the way... Genius!
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 September 2009 at 12:50AM
    Options
    poddle911 wrote: »
    Hello Pickle :wave:

Just been reading your thread and wanted to say bravo on taking the French MA in the first place, and I'm keeping my fingers (and a couple of toes) crossed that it works out for you!

Look forward to following your progress :D

LOVE the idea of a book on procrastinating by the way... Genius!

:wave: poddle911

:rotfl:I know what you mean about the procrasination book! But actually, it's really good. :j It was someone on here who recommended it, actually. I'll look through all my previous posts to find who to [strike] blame [/strike] thank for the recommendation. I must admit, though, I've been procrastinating on sending that e-mail to the woman who can end it all or say yes. I think I will definitely have to send it tonight. I think the reason I've been so reluctant has been the fact that I really can't see a way out of it myself and that it really is over. Oh, the pessimism! But no, seriously...

In it's own way, it's not the worst that could happen: it's not my 'proper' Masters degree (I already have one of those from a British uni!), and I don't think it's worth as much as a British M.A. and it's not going to affect my career in any way (So far). Admittedly, it's something I really liked doing and want to finish as I hate starting something I don't finish, but if the worst comes to the worst, I won't be any worse off apart from the time (and tuition fees, which aren't as much as over here by a long chalk), but it's stll irritating. And the time I've spent on it can be explained by other things I've been doing, so it's not as though I'm going to have a big, overly untidy gap on my CV. But it will be really annoying! :wall:
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• sparklymessygirl
    Options
    Hi Pickle - I'm the one who recommended the book :)
    I procrastinated until the last moment on a job application this week but it felt really great to send it off so now it can stop hovering around in my head. I should take my own advice and re-read the book...

Could you just do a deal with yourself to at least start a first draft of the email?

Sparkly
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Pickle - I'm the one who recommended the book :)
    I procrastinated until the last moment on a job application this week but it felt really great to send it off so now it can stop hovering around in my head. I should take my own advice and re-read the book...

Could you just do a deal with yourself to at least start a first draft of the email?

Sparkly

:hello: Sparkly!

Thanks for the recommendation once again. I started a draft last night, but didn't finish as my attention span with regard to French verbs diminishes rapdily with tiredness! ;) I am going to finish it now and I can't leave the computer until I have done so.

Anyway, unproductive morning, but I just got an e-mail from Cancer Research offering me a place in the London Marathon next year. I can't believe it! I'm happy, shocked. scared and million other things inbetween! I've heard it's really hard to get a place, so I can't believe I have managed to do so. I've wanted to do this in memory of my dad, who, died of cancer last year, but that's not taking into account the fact that I'm an overweight couch potato with no running experience and a potentially dodgy knee. What have I got myself into?! :j :eek: :T
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

• Hi In a Pickle, just wanted to thank you for your post. And dont worry about all the things that may hinder your success at the Marathon. Enjoy the experience, all the people you will meet along the way. It will be great and your dad will be so proud of you, everyone will!
    My debts at LBM (2009)Grand Total £161,983.77.(Incs everything, mtge, cr cards, loans)
    May 2013 £124,080.27= £37,903.50 paid off WOW!!!!! Well done! There is a guardian angel out there! :AI'm visualising success, debt freeness, and happy days!:T
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow to getting a place in the marathon! So sorry about your dad - I can't think of a better reason to run, and PositiveandFocused is right; it will be an incredible experience. Go Pickle!
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • InaPickle
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 September 2009 at 10:40PM
    Options
    I just stood on a slug in the back garden! :( I was wearing slippers, but still...
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    P

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills