We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The 15k Paper Hat - It could be YOU!!!!!

1…8990929495…190

Comments

  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    well only got 6 months ;)
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • Yay - well done on being debt free :)

    And double well done on resigning from a job you don't like. What are you going to do? Sounds like you are going to do something that you love. Exciting times ahead for you!

    Aw, thanks :o.

    My plan is to 1) get healthy i.e. recover from work-related illness 2) start freelancing/do some temping, job market willing 3) go to Spain for a bit 4) go back home and do an MA. The details are still a bit sketchy though. The main thing is that OH is 100% behind it :D.

    tirlittan - it's tempting to pay the remaining debt off in Sept, but I don't have to as the repayment schedule is quite lax (it's a British student loan, hence 0% until Sept) and it might still work out a better investment to keep the equivalent amount in savings/invest it in doing an MA. I'm really lucky that I took my loan out when I did. We used to complain about the costs but students nowadays pay 3 times what we did for the same degree.
  • CAFCGirl wrote: »
    well only got 6 months ;)

    6 months til what?
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Snow_White wrote: »
    Ooh, and for the first time since I was 19 I have a positive net worth! So I now have more in savings than in debt. All the debt is at 0% until next September.

    Doing a car boot at the weekend (my first). I'm a bit nervous, am trying to channel the inner Del Boy but feeling more like Rodney. There'll be 3 of us though.
    Snow white lovely to see you back - and hope the resignation turns out to be the right decision!

    Be careful as you get stuff out the car people sniff round! I put my stuff on a paste table which collapsed leaving me a bit snookered - came away with £40 better than nothing! Good luck
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    awww yay for baby savings.....

    maybe i should start mine ;)
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    well only got 6 months ;)
    So congrats in order and nausea all good then? April? :j Or am I completely off the mark? :eek:

    Hope you are okay!

    Tirl - hang in there we all have rough days

    Starnac - sounds like you are doing amazing - well done :T
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Snow_White wrote: »
    Ooh, and for the first time since I was 19 I have a positive net worth! So I now have more in savings than in debt. All the debt is at 0% until next September.
    look forward to seeing you on DF roll of honour!:T:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • Be careful as you get stuff out the car people sniff round! I put my stuff on a paste table which collapsed leaving me a bit snookered - came away with £40 better than nothing! Good luck
    :rotfl:Thanks, I'll watch out for the vultures.
    What's everyone else up to this beautiful weekend?
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Snow white lovely to see you back - and hope the resignation turns out to be the right decision!

    Be careful as you get stuff out the car people sniff round! I put my stuff on a paste table which collapsed leaving me a bit snookered - came away with £40 better than nothing! Good luck




    So congrats in order and nausea all good then? April? :j Or am I completely off the mark? :eek:

    Hope you are okay!

    Tirl - hang in there we all have rough days

    Starnac - sounds like you are doing amazing - well done :T

    ok maybe i was a bit off the mark LOL June baby :rotfl:
    Am doing slightly better, food is staying down but i still feel so sick all the time. am hoping it starts to wear off soon:o
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • CAFCGirl wrote: »
    ok maybe i was a bit off the mark LOL June baby :rotfl:
    Am doing slightly better, food is staying down but i still feel so sick all the time. am hoping it starts to wear off soon:o

    I hope it wears off for you soon too. For me it didn't wear off til 17 weeks!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    ok maybe i was a bit off the mark LOL June baby :rotfl:
    Am doing slightly better, food is staying down but i still feel so sick all the time. am hoping it starts to wear off soon:o
    Congrats I have an idea of how much it must mean to you!

    Being sick a lot is a good sign tho that the baby is well implanted - or that is what I was told! I needed to be told that as I was sick for 24 weeks with DS and 14 with DD. With DS I couldn't even go into Asda without throwing up as they pump the smell of baking around the shop!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Another £50 paid off the credit card :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.