Complaints against Sky - anyone actually get anywhere with them?!

Options

Comments

• libbyd30
    libbyd30 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I rang sky today to find out how much it would cost to end my contract early. The advisor was so rude, he told me I can't just end it I have to keep it for the term of the contract unless I default on it for few months then I will get a bill. Its not that i cant pay i just find they service poor. I couldn't understand this as I wasn't just asking to leave I was willing to pay an exit fee. When he repeated himself again he was really talking down at me, I asked to speak to a manager and he refused saying I won't put you through for him to say the same, I hung up after that. I then went online to use sky instant chat to out in a formal complaint. The advisor did this plus gave me the info to end contract early, which u can.

Has anyone else had this problem and complained?
  • benwarwick123
    Options
    Send an email to [EMAIL="Jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"]Jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL] this is the ceo email address and is the highest level of complaint you can go to, I normally here reply within hours.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • libbyd30
    libbyd30 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for you replies.

The lady on the instant chat had forwarded this link to explain about leaving your contract early. I don't mind paying if there is a better deal and it will save me money.

The rude man on the phone wasn't having any of it, I can't buy my self out of the contract were his words. You entered a 12 mth contract you have to see if through. I just couldn't believe that was right.

He was just so arrogant it just really got to me. That's y I hung up in the end, I would have lost.
    The lady on the instant chat has raised my complaint n hopefully I will get some feedback, if not I will keep a note of the email address for the CEO!

Thanks guys :)
  • pen1
    pen1 Posts: 369 Forumite
    Options
    There have been many examples raised by customers of Sky staff declining to cancel contracts early and/or mis-advising customers about their early termination rights.

See the exchange on the Sky forum at http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Billing-Payments/Early-termination-fee/td-p/412321 or the threads listed at http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/tag/early%20termination/tg-p/board-id/sky_accountbilling_billing

However, the fact is that the right to do so is written in to the terms & conditions (there are details/links in the threads I've detailed above).

The article that penrhyn has linked to, setting out the early termination charge(s) is referred to in the terms & conditions as www.sky.com/earlytermination .

Sky's Customer Complaints Code of Practice is at http://help.sky.com/my-account/complaints/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice

Note, that it provides the opportunity, in time, to complain to an ombudsman if you remain dissatisfied after Sky have had an opportunity to consider the complaint.
  • mehera
    mehera Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Never argue your case with lackys who have not the authority to do anything as of course they will just refuse (as they are trained to do so!)

First sign of stubbornness and just demand to speak to a manager straight away!

Dont waste your time arguing with anyone else!!

One of my favourite tricks with shops it to turn up and go ballistic in store and refuse to leave until sorted . . . . SHame this does not work on the phone!
    I was going to put the name of my plumbing business here so you know what I do should I give out any advice plumbing wise - however apparently I cant do that - go figure!!!!!
    New signature - I am a Plumber (I am just not allowed to tell you!)
  • ServiceFairy
    Options
    Sky are absolutely disgusting at dealing with complaints.

I have had one issue dealt with 3 times, with all of the chasing done on my side before I got a semi-satisfactory response - however it is not good enough to leave the customer to be the one actively dealing with a situation.

I really feel for you as I keep being misinformed - each time I speak to them they make me feel sick with anger and I have just dealt with them again when trying to cancel due to my unsuitable responses to be told "Nothing they can do" and then have an agent who probably rued the day he got my name come up on the screen and who decided I was unreasonable to cancel despite previous experience.

I found if you keep going eventually they will give a miniscule gesture of apology but I will be cancelling the second I am able as they do not deem their inability to communicate as a breach of section 2 (c) or (d), or 11(a) or (b) to allow me to cancel now.

GOOD LUCK - try quoting their terms back to them, it often throws them.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,553 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the opening post was over 4 years ago, the poster has not been on MSE for the last 2 years. If you have a query about Sky complaints you could start your own thread rather than digging up posts from years ago
  • dodger62
    Options
    I had a problem with sky, they left my property in a right mess ( due to drilling ) the dust was everywhere, they left a cable clip on the floor ( the dog could of trod on that and who gets the vet bills), the old bolts from previous dish thrown in the garden, the escape route ( entry) was left in a mess, i got on the phone and complained, i had an engineer round the house the next day and he cleaned everything up, still not happy about the service they phoned me and caught me on a bad day, i give it them both barrells, i managed ( only just ) to get 1 free month of sky sports, since then i am now complaining that my hdmi lead does'nt work since they have fitted sky.

NEVER AGAIN !!!
  • raybrummitt
    Options
    It is clear that Sky do not have a functioning complaint system. I ordered Skytalk and Broadband in the beginning of July and I am still waiting. My exchange is fibre optic operational and my neighbours have fibre optic in my building. Failures include-duplicated order-failed line test for which no explanation was given. Each time I am assured that my problem is being investigated and that I will be kept informed. I hear nothing and nothing is done. I have asked (twice) for a deadlock letter so that I can process the complaint to the ombudsman and Ofcom. Even these requests have been ignored. My order remains open and I am sure nothing is being done to fulfil it. RB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure