MSE news: Tesco boosts Clubcard rewards scheme

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    Which resort, lol? And when are you going?
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Do you even bother reading posts?
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • creased-leach
    creased-leach Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco Clubcard Points- worth 4 X the bickering...
    Only dead fish go with the flow...
  • caroline7758
    Options
    Re Park Resorts, we used clubcard vouchers for their site in Northumberland last August, booked at the last minute and got the full 4x amount off the already discounted price.
  • fairfields
    Options
    Not enough notice given about the change in this deal for people collecting vouchers for a holiday. I have written to Clubcard to express this and would urge others to do the same.
    Tesco Freetime Ltd, PO BOX 654, Crawley, RH10 1RG
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    fairfields wrote: »
    Not enough notice given about the change in this deal for people collecting vouchers for a holiday. I have written to Clubcard to express this and would urge others to do the same.
    Tesco Freetime Ltd, PO BOX 654, Crawley, RH10 1RG

Or save the ink and not bother, its not Tesco that would have imposed those new limits its Cosmos and Virgin. I would imagine the letter you get back from Tesco will say the same, either way its not going to change the situation.
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • sassy21_2
    Options
    I agree with Fairfields as am also not happy about the new limit on vouchers due to saving for a holiday and now can no longer use them. I have also found out that Cosmos put up their prices when you are using cc vouchers. I got a quote for a holiday (already more expensive than what was quoted in brochure) and as soon as I mentioned using my vouchers was told that the same holiday was £400 more.
    Find this very misleading and unfair and companies should not be allowed to get away with this.:mad:
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Plushchris wrote: »
    If people choose to use the vouchers for deals that are worth less than 4 times the ammount then thats up to them, you can argue the fact that there are BOGOF & 50% off coupons for all of the restaraunts but can you use these on a saturday night? I think you'll find you cant, whereas with deals tokens you can so they ARE worth 4 times the value if you want to go out on a saturday night (as opposed to sitting in busily working out your spend in sainsburys to get the cost of your expensive gas and electricity down)

I love this. Very well said.

If you don't like what the Tesco vouchers are offering, please stop collecting them and stop moaning.

For those who already have some but not enough to get your holidays for free - exchange your vouchers for Goldsmiths and get yourself nice diamond;)

On the end of the day "diamonds are girl's best friends!!!!":rotfl:
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting. Wonder if prices will go up to make up for it?
    Or whether, eventually at least, points will only be 2x their worth when spent on deals.
    Pretty close to the mark!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport