MSE news: Tesco boosts Clubcard rewards scheme

Options

Comments

• johnfthetraveller
    Options
    I see MSE is still giving out wrong information. The article says:

"you will still be able to quadruple the value of points by swapping them for Tesco Rewards vouchers that can be used on <snip>, breakdown cover and more."

You DON'T get quadruple points for RAC breakdown cover. Come on Martin. Get it right.
    "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
    Which we ascribe to Heaven"
    - All's well that ends well (I.1)
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Touche :p I'd clearly need more details than you are giving me (very vague, you don't even state the holiday operator!) to decide if you got the great deal you are claiming :rolleyes:.

Sure, Its Park Resorts and I'm staying on the Isle of Wight, trip includes ferry crossing, no extras charged for linen/entertainment passes like the sun holidays.

The cost of the holiday was £145, this is the same price as advertised on their website, the brochure price for the same holiday is £163.

I've just looked but it would appear they are fully booked for the type of caravan I selected on the date I've booked (Id booked a Gold caravan which sleeps 4)

Prices for available vans are here..

http://parkresorts.yuccamedia.com/book_search.aspx?uid=f3ff711d-1197-4692-aa64-655f5d01540d&new_search=1

T&Cs for Deals tokens here..

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=682&bci=4294967232|Holidays*4294965772|Park%20Resorts

So if you had £160 worth of deals tokend you could "trouser" (as you put it) a holiday in a 6 berth gold caravan and pay nothing GETTING 4 TIMES THE VALUE OF YOUR CLUBCARD VOUCHERS.

So I ask again, how is this worth anything other than 4 times the ammount of clubcard vouchers???
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    johnfrith wrote: »
    I see MSE is still giving out wrong information. The article says:

"you will still be able to quadruple the value of points by swapping them for Tesco Rewards vouchers that can be used on <snip>, breakdown cover and more."

You DON'T get quadruple points for RAC breakdown cover. Come on Martin. Get it right.

martin is correct you are wrong you can use th vouchers they send you to pay for rac cover 10 pounds of vouchers can be used for 40 pound breakdown cover price
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Plushchris
    Options
    Just noticed ANOTHER deal that you get 4 times the value of your clubcard vouchers on - The Wightlink ferry

Luckilly I didnt have to use £15 worth of clubcard deals to pay for the £60 crossing as it was included in my £145 holiday
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 21 August 2009 at 10:49PM
    Options
    Plushchris wrote: »
    Sure, Its Park Resorts and I'm staying on the Isle of Wight, trip includes ferry crossing, no extras charged for linen/entertainment passes like the sun holidays.

The cost of the holiday was £145, this is the same price as advertised on their website, the brochure price for the same holiday is £163.

I've just looked but it would appear they are fully booked for the type of caravan I selected on the date I've booked (Id booked a Gold caravan which sleeps 4)

Prices for available vans are here..

http://parkresorts.yuccamedia.com/book_search.aspx?uid=f3ff711d-1197-4692-aa64-655f5d01540d&new_search=1

T&Cs for Deals tokens here..

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=682&bci=4294967232|Holidays*4294965772|Park%20Resorts

So if you had £160 worth of deals tokend you could "trouser" (as you put it) a holiday in a 6 berth gold caravan and pay nothing GETTING 4 TIMES THE VALUE OF YOUR CLUBCARD VOUCHERS.

So I ask again, how is this worth anything other than 4 times the ammount of clubcard vouchers???

With respect that doesn't constitute full details so it would be impossible for me to check it out. :confused:

PS We have almost £300 in actual vouchers 'trousered', lol, but we aren't banking on getting £1200 in *real* value. We are fans of the clubcard scheme (as long as we can take advantage of a silly loophole like the recent cava incident) but no longer expect 4 times face value. That way we won't be disappointed.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Plushchris
    Options
    With respect that doesn't constitute full details so it would be impossible for me to check it out. :confused:

Seriously, what more details do you need? Unfortunately I didnt tape the telephone call to the booking line. Maybe a scan of the invoice when I recieve it?

Or are you just refusing to admit you are wrong? :rolleyes:
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. May be good for a cheap holiday next year so long as they don't pull out like others have. Vouchers can only be used on 2009 bookings for now.
    http://parkresorts.yuccamedia.com/booking_groups/1/popups/tesco_vouchers.html

There seem to be quite a few restrictions on using Tesco's vouchers.

Some of the holidays on the website are not discounted. You can probably get 4x for these.
    The on-line discounted ones would not be such good value as you couldn't pay the discounted price with vouchers.
    Plushchris wrote: »
    Seriously, what more details do you need? Unfortunately I didnt tape the telephone call to the booking line. Maybe a scan of the invoice when I recieve it?

Or are you just refusing to admit you are wrong? :rolleyes:

I think what carminestocky may be trying to point out is the link you posted doesn't give full details.

header.jpg Your booking details are no longer available...
  • Plushchris
    Options
    You can book 2010 holidays after 31st October.

When you say some of the holidays on the website are not discounted I know what you mean but if you order a brochure you will see that the prices on the website are up to £30 cheaper than the brochure price anyway.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 22 August 2009 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Thanks, VoucherMan, at least someone understands what I was asking for, lol. I'm assuming the art of this excercise is to only go for the non-discounted holidays therefore you can be smug in the knowledge you have got 4x value with your deals vouchers, lol.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Plushchris
    Options
    The link was working when I posted it, I wasnt aware it would time out.

If you really feel you must check up on me (god only knows why) all you need to do is go and search on the main home page for Isle of wight at the Landgaurd holiday park for a 4 night break starting 12th October.

Gold 2 bed caravan that sleeps 6 is £160 and thats the price you would pay if you were using deals coupons that would include the ferry crossing too (which would be £60 if you had to pay for it)

So, for someone who constantly accuses others of avoiding answering questions I will ask AGAIN..

How does that mean anything less then 4 times the value of the clubcard vouchers??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure