MSE news: Tesco boosts Clubcard rewards scheme

Options

Comments

• Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    marrbett wrote: »
    Whenever I've paid using CC+ the points never show on the receipt, they are added seperately on the statement when it comes through quarterly.
    HTH

Yes, you are right, they are added to your account total only in the quaterly statement.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    I am one of the people that shop at Tesco purely for the clubcard points.

Its bought lots of treats for our family over the last few years that we would not ordinarily be able to afford and Im very happy that they are doubling up the points.

I am also aware that I am paying an inflated price for my weekly shop for these benefits but there is rarely a week goes by that I dont use a money off voucher found on here for on line shopping which covers my delivery and gives a few extra quid off bill as well so in my mind Im off setting the inflated prices and Im getting treats for free :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • IsaCream_Man
    Options
    So where does that leave the issue of triple points or not, as I was suggesting in my post #106 above? If I've spent £60.08 and I'm given 128 'points this visit' (when it would normally be 60), then we must be getting triple points with Clubcard Plus surely? This assumes that the doubling of the points with Clubcard Plus takes place later at the proper statement time.
  • KonkyWonky
    KonkyWonky Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    Thank you, thank you!! I've read the last 7 pages and I just cannot believe it!! Some people blame ONLY Tesco for capping and feel somehow betraid that the savings they were making for the past 3 years are not going to last forever!! Even though that it is actually the providers that actually provide the service or item or whatever..
    This is extra reward scheme, both from Tesco and the provider, they are not bound to wait for you until you save up enough!

If I had saved for holiday of a lifetime and they suddenly pulled it, I would think "oh well, let's look for something else". I read the T&C and I am absolutely prepared for them doing so. It's not like I am going to shoot myself in the head because of it. And in this case they gave weeks notice!

I personally collect points because I like Mr T, I like their offers and foreign food and prices and the points is just bonus.
    I change them for restaurant vouchers because I think that DEFINITELY IS 4x IT'S VALUE as they don't know you are paying by vouchers until the very end and so don't have the chance to give you different overpriced menu:D

The restaurant vouchers are definetely not worth x4 there value as pretty much every restauarnt in the Tesco deal has a 2 for 1 offer on pretty much 100% of the time. So they are really only worth x2.

When converting points for restaurant vouchers don't you have to do it like 5 days in advance as well?
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I have a Clubcard Plus and usually your receipt shows the 1 point per pound when you shop and the extra Clubcard Points are added overnight. So if you watch your total it will jump a couple of days later to reflect this. However the CC+ points are shown on the statement seperately as Finance. So with the new system you will get 2 points on the day and 1 for each pound spent a couple of days later. I confirmed with Tesco Clubcard Plus a few days ago that we are still getting the extra point. HTH
  • Hi, do you ever bother to check you are getting your clubcard points in full?

Having bought some chairs from Tesco Direct (on line) this quarter, spending over £600 I was surprised to find a zero under Tesco Direct when the statement came. I actually negotiated with Tesco to get double points as on the day they were delivered I noticed the “double points on Tesco Direct orders” notice in store.

On first raising the query with the Tesco, I was told I’d entered my daughter’s clubcard details on line when I set up the account (I’m absolutely certain I didn’t) and the points had been credit to her. As I’d paid with my tesco credit card I was confused how this worked. My daughter’s vouchers have now arrived and she does not have my points!

Contacting Tesco again, it turns out that having failed to register a clubcard number when starting on-line shopping a “virtual clubcard” was generated which is linked to my daughter’s old university address. She graduated more than two years ago and left that town but the points from my own on line shopping (which I do infrequently) have been credited to this card and despatched to this old address. On returning home my daughter did register a change of address for the clubcard she carries and is aware that she has, we did not know of the virtual card.

Tesco have agreed to assign the virtual card to me and recredit me with the points for the last two years- vouchers though won’t be issued until November mailing –rather annoying as I’d hoped we’d trade them in for a break away this autumn.

So could you have a “virtual card”?
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm just a little confused - I have both the tesco credit card (which I use everywhere except tesco) and the tesco plus account (which i use in Tesco), under the new scheme am I better to use the creditcard now for everything or does it work out the same whichever I use. Many thanks.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    It would be interesting to see how many people shop at Tesco because they like doing so and think it's the best value supermarket and how many only shop there due to the 'perceived' value of the points. For instance, there are still people on here (I encountered a Tesco veteran the other night who thought this) that the points are really worth 4x times value in deals. They just aren't. You have to factor in many things not least of which is how much you would pay for the deal in cash compared to the price you have to pay in deals tokens. Not forgetting Tesco's prices these days are, on the whole, far more expensive than they used to be (witness the pathetic 'real baskets' advertising that got them in trouble with the ASA recently.)

I take it by "Tesco veteran" you mean me?

As I said on that other thread, I used £32.50 worth of CC vouchers and exchanged them for £130 worth of deals tokens, this gave me £130 off a holiday that was EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE it was on the holiday parks website (£145 which is cheaper than the brochure price) so I had to pay the extra £15 but this could have been paid for in full with deals tokens if I had enough. There was nothing extra to pay and I even still got the free ferry crossing the park operator included for cash paying customers.

As I asked before can you please tell me how this is worth anything less than 4 times the value of the clubcard vouchers?

If people choose to use the vouchers for deals that are worth less than 4 times the ammount then thats up to them, you can argue the fact that there are BOGOF & 50% off coupons for all of the restaraunts but can you use these on a saturday night? I think you'll find you cant, whereas with deals tokens you can so they ARE worth 4 times the value if you want to go out on a saturday night (as opposed to sitting in busily working out your spend in sainsburys to get the cost of your expensive gas and electricity down)
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • JOBEN
    JOBEN Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Hey
    I love tesco, I had £205 worth of Tesco vouchers have just swopped them for £820 of Goldsmiths vouchers, I am going to by myself a Tag watch on Sunday :j yes I could buy it for £650 elsewhere if I had the cash but would never spend that much on a watch if I was using my money. Thank you tesco and goldsmiths,

P.S is anyone else finding that points arent being credited very quick, I have earned over 500 points this week but none of them have been credited to my account yet :confused:

happy shopping and spending
    Jo
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    Plushchris wrote: »
    I take it by "Tesco veteran" you mean me?

As I said on that other thread, I used £32.50 worth of CC vouchers and exchanged them for £130 worth of deals tokens, this gave me £130 off a holiday that was EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE it was on the holiday parks website (£145 which is cheaper than the brochure price) so I had to pay the extra £15 but this could have been paid for in full with deals tokens if I had enough. There was nothing extra to pay and I even still got the free ferry crossing the park operator included for cash paying customers.

As I asked before can you please tell me how this is worth anything less than 4 times the value of the clubcard vouchers?

If people choose to use the vouchers for deals that are worth less than 4 times the ammount then thats up to them, you can argue the fact that there are BOGOF & 50% off coupons for all of the restaraunts but can you use these on a saturday night? I think you'll find you cant, whereas with deals tokens you can so they ARE worth 4 times the value if you want to go out on a saturday night (as opposed to sitting in busily working out your spend in sainsburys to get the cost of your expensive gas and electricity down)

Touche :p I'd clearly need more details than you are giving me (very vague, you don't even state the holiday operator!) to decide if you got the great deal you are claiming :rolleyes:.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family