Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Options

Comments

• I.T.Guy
    I.T.Guy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Ok, so theres has been quite a few posts in regards to "Claims Management Companies" in repect of both parties im going to give my opinion, but maybe not like a child, like here in some cases.

In regards of "The Claims Guys" every company has its faults, but looking at the bigger picture, they make money by providing a service, and to quote that claims get handled differently is utter twoddle. claims compaines provide the information that the banks require in order to make a claim, it doesnt matter how you look at it, the customer is just a number to the bank! so a personal letter i think not, some compaines obviously need work on staff but in regards of the claims guys, they meet the standards set out The Ministry Of Justice.

Now ultimatly it lies with yourself, if you want to do it yourself, and have the time to collect the relevant information, then go for it, and if you havent got the time or frankly just are not really that bothered then why not use a companies service.

At the end of the day, i could cut and trim my garden, or go to the hassle of contacting the lenders, filing my complaints but to be frank, i cant be arsed, im too busy to do things like that.

I used the claims guys about 7 months ago now to claim back PPI linked to my 3 Loans from Natwest, 8 weeks passed and and i recieved £7395.65 to be honest it was a shock, id compleatly forgotten about it, like most people.

If you got this far thank you for reading
    just the IT Guys opinion.
  • I.T.Guy
    I.T.Guy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi i have just recieved conformation of a succesful claim for mis sold PPI from HSBC which i had lodged with the Claim Guys almost 12 months ago.() I had contacted them as it happens and not the other way round. I had forgotten about it to be honest. The payment is to be over and above the original PPI i made this is due to taxable interest apparently? and The claims Guys have indicated there fee of 30% which i was aware of:o I think a mixture of not knowing about Martins money site and apathy probably made me use a third party. My problem with the letter of confirmation i recieved is that i thought it was no win no fee, however i am being asked to complete two points to recieve payment.
    Point 1
    complete a form with the bank details i would like the payment from HSBC paying into. ( fair enough)
    Point 2
    Make a payment to the claim guys for work carried out on my behalf either by phone BACS or credit card.
    This appears to me as if a fee will be taken before i actually get my hands on the readies as it were. Seems a bit dubious to me. Has anyone else gone through this process?

No sometimes it depends on the lender, some will do a Baccs Direct deposit into your account, there for you would have the money, in some cases you recieve a cheque from the lender.
  • Lily_Poppy
    Options
    Hello

Can anyone tell me if you have to fill out separate claim forms if you have more than one claim?

I have two claims I would like to approach my bank with - can I put all relevant information onto one PPI Consumer Questionnaire?

Thank you
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    but in regards of the claims guys, they meet the standards set out The Ministry Of Justice.

Yet they were one of the companies named for specifically being investigated for rule breaches.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Worldtorights
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I got a cold call from The Claims Guys two weeks ago.

They rang my business line and before I could get a word in they were telling me my PPi was mis-sold and I could claim back. I have never taken any PPI and when I told her I was an IFA she didnt seem to know what that was and asked if I had any loans as they could be claimed back as well.

The phone call was thoroughly unprofessional and the person I spoke to didnt have a clue about me or what an IFA was but was happy to tell me I was mis-sold.

I would say avoid them at all cost as it just sounded like opportunistic cold calling trying to get money out of me.

I should also add that I am TPS, so they broke the rules there as well

I would just like to point out that just because you are an IFA doesn't make you exempt from being mid-sold PPI. As I point out to many people, if you work for the AA it doesn't mean you can't break down.

Secondly regardless of you being registered to the TPS you would still receive calls from the company as you have actually opted in for the 3rd party calls via a strong viable data source. As you have opted yourself in it over rides the TPS and is therefore not a cold call.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Really? I think you're telling porkies....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spot the claims guy employee....

More rubbish being spouted. Shouldn't be a surprise when you consider the lies they tell on the phone.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • welshgasman
    welshgasman Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    murphy39 wrote: »
    So did you go back to Barclaycard after accepting their offer via i-smart?
    we received letter to say that £225 would be credited to our card along with their bill for £64.
    The bank have sent me a settlement figure with i-smart dont know about yet. I intend to call them tomorrow and query their charge.

I doubt that as when the refund letter is sent to the customer, copies are sent to CMC or IVA, ie any interested parties.
  • welshgasman
    welshgasman Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Lily_Poppy wrote: »
    Hello

Can anyone tell me if you have to fill out separate claim forms if you have more than one claim?

I have two claims I would like to approach my bank with - can I put all relevant information onto one PPI Consumer Questionnaire?

Thank you

If they are not linked, put them is separate claims. Especially is one is a loan and the other a credit card. By linked I mean you took out a loan and refinanced it with another, or had one credit card after
    another which might be linked to the same a/c.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2013 at 8:19AM
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Yet they were one of the companies named for specifically being investigated for rule breaches.

A new poster telling us that a known rogue CMC is wonderful and has got him thousands in response to (well deserved) negative posts.

I think IT Guy is really Claims Guy.
    I would just like to point out that just because you are an IFA doesn't make you exempt from being mid-sold PPI. As I point out to many people, if you work for the AA it doesn't mean you can't break down.
    No - but an AA man is hardly likely to be bamboozled into buying RAC membership.
    Secondly regardless of you being registered to the TPS you would still receive calls from the company as you have actually opted in for the 3rd party calls via a strong viable data source. As you have opted yourself in it over rides the TPS and is therefore not a cold call.
    And your evidence that DunstonH opted in is?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure