Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Options

Comments

• paulg797
    Options
    Hi guys this is the first for me writing this ...my partner asked claim guys for help on ppi on which they did but after 2 months they sent a letter saying that the case is now closed ..but a month after that the bank contacted her asked questions before she can claim ppi .One week after the claim guys called and said that my partner owes them a third of the claim even though they sent a letter saying that the case was closed please help as i need an answer regards paulg797:money:
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    paulg797 wrote: »
    Hi guys this is the first for me writing this ...my partner asked claim guys for help on ppi on which they did but after 2 months they sent a letter saying that the case is now closed ..but a month after that the bank contacted her asked questions before she can claim ppi .One week after the claim guys called and said that my partner owes them a third of the claim even though they sent a letter saying that the case was closed please help as i need an answer regards paulg797
    I would write to them sending a copy of the letter saying that the case was closed and tell them you consider the contract to have been terminated by them and that, therefore, they are not entitled to any payment in respect of redress subsequently secured.
  • missoni
    Options
    I filled in a form by mistake saying i had a loan /credit card with a bank and then realised i hadnt but had signed it and sent it off.now because i wont send my drivers licence and passport to claims guys they are charging me a £210.00 cancellation fee! do i have to pay it?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    missoni wrote: »
    I filled in a form by mistake saying i had a loan /credit card with a bank and then realised i hadnt but had signed it and sent it off.now because i wont send my drivers licence and passport to claims guys they are charging me a £210.00 cancellation fee! do i have to pay it?

If that is what your contract says, then yes.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I do not see why they would need these documents.

In any case, I cannot see anything in their terms of business that requires them.
  • stevepb101
    stevepb101 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    paulg797 wrote: »
    Hi guys this is the first for me writing this ...my partner asked claim guys for help on ppi on which they did but after 2 months they sent a letter saying that the case is now closed ..but a month after that the bank contacted her asked questions before she can claim ppi .One week after the claim guys called and said that my partner owes them a third of the claim even though they sent a letter saying that the case was closed please help as i need an answer regards paulg797:money:
    Tell them you are not paying them anything as they sent you a letter saying the case was closed.
    Stick to your guns,don't pay even if they threaten you with the small claims court,they would not win!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    stevepb101 wrote: »
    Tell them you are not paying them anything as they sent you a letter saying the case was closed.
    I doubt Paulg797 will see your (very late) response to his query as he last logged in to the forum at the end of October 2013!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2231091
  • stevepb101
    stevepb101 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I doubt Paulg797 will see your (very late) response to his query as he last logged in to the forum at the end of October 2013!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2231091
    Oh yeah didn't notice that :)
  • flegman
    Options
    Hi I had a phone call from claim guys & They said I had a few possible claim & would send a pack for me to sign & return after reading about them I'm against it, I've not entered a contract till I've sighed & returned have I ?
  • hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Same as above just spoke to guy in phone
    And he's sending me stuff out
    Are they no good? I just thought I go with it
    As they will go back over 20 yrs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories