Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

Options

Comments

• clown4fun.co.uk
    Options
    Gordon861 wrote: »

I'm also signed up to the TPS so they are breaking the law like all these good ambulance chasers out there.

Complaint to TPS on the way tonight.

What TPS stands for?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TPS is telephone preference service.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi i have just recieved conformation of a succesful claim for mis sold PPI from HSBC which i had lodged with the Claim Guys almost 12 months ago.() I had contacted them as it happens and not the other way round. I had forgotten about it to be honest. The payment is to be over and above the original PPI i made this is due to taxable interest apparently? and The claims Guys have indicated there fee of 30% which i was aware of:o I think a mixture of not knowing about Martins money site and apathy probably made me use a third party. My problem with the letter of confirmation i recieved is that i thought it was no win no fee, however i am being asked to complete two points to recieve payment.
    Point 1
    complete a form with the bank details i would like the payment from HSBC paying into. ( fair enough)
    Point 2
    Make a payment to the claim guys for work carried out on my behalf either by phone BACS or credit card.
    This appears to me as if a fee will be taken before i actually get my hands on the readies as it were. Seems a bit dubious to me. Has anyone else gone through this process?
  • waggzy
    Options
    Hi,
    i have just been contacted by the claims guys saying they can reclaim my loan credit card and bank charges.
    I have 4 credit cards all maxed out and a 5 year loan that ends next year.
    I have never taken out ppi on any and only had 4 late charges on one card ever.
    Is it worth trying to pursuing as they say i could be entitled to 1000's.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have just been contacted by the claims guys saying they can reclaim my loan credit card and bank charges.

They phoned me and told me the same. That was despite me being an IFA and any complaint would have to be against myself. I was given a made up figure of many thousands of how much they could get me.

So, pretty much nothing to complain about.

And what exactly is this entitlement made up of?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • lesley2011
    Options
    I've also received a call from the claims guys and they sent me forms in the post. I think I will try and do this myself and save the 30% charge by them. I've looked over old credit card statements and saw charges saying Payment Protection Cover - is this what I can claim back? If so, how many years can I claim for? How do I go about doing this myself (can't find the templates)
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lesley2011 wrote: »
    I've also received a call from the claims guys and they sent me forms in the post. I think I will try and do this myself and save the 30% charge by them. I've looked over old credit card statements and saw charges saying Payment Protection Cover - is this what I can claim back? If so, how many years can I claim for? How do I go about doing this myself (can't find the templates)
    You need to look here for reasons for mis sell

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2
    If any/all apply to you then you can make a claim
    You need the cc number and your reasons for mis sell then you fill the FOS questionnaire in (this is on the link i gave you above)
    You give them 14 days to send you an acknowledgment of your claim and then they have 8 weeks to send you a final response,this may be asking for more time to look at your claim,so let them have this time.
    Depending on the bank this is with,they sometimes take a claim over the phone,so it may be worth ringing and asking.
    If you need anymore help just post here.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169
    You will get all the help you need.
  • lesley2011
    Options
    Great thanks so much - I've just done this through the phone so it was very handy :) will wait patiently now and hopefully a nice little cheque for Xmas :)
  • marcsawdust
    Options
    waggzy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have 4 credit cards all maxed out and a 5 year loan that ends next year.
    do it your self, i fell for them saying i could av money in the bank in 6 weeks im still waiting now ive wrote a letter of complaint of false promises and mis leading ive offered to pay them 15% not 30% plus vat ,i hope and pray:beer:
  • 44ALLAN
    Options
    Hi All,
    Seems like it's not just me then lol

I was 'cold called' by these lot months ago and somehow found myself talking to this guy for ages when normally I would just hang up.
    Anyway,he told me it was a no lose situation for myself if I just filled his forms in and sent him any loan agreements I had........at no time did he say there would be a 30%charge if successful. I imagined he would be paid by the bank in any final settlement.........naive or what !
    I've just been offered over 2k by my bank and its getting paid direct into my account.
    I've just had the 1st phone call from Claims guys asking for £900 !!!!! ha. For what exactly?
    I've informed my bank to stop anyone other than myself from having access to my details etc.
    This charge is WOTT...........who do I complain to please or do I just tell them to get lost it's too high a charge for what they did?:mad:
    TIA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport