PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Home Management notebooks/journals etc

Comments

• Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    If you're looking for pages to print out yourself for planners like Franklin Covey or Filofax this place is amazing! Check out the purple "Template" section top RHS of the main page.

http://www.diyplanner.com/

It's all Creative Commons licenced so you can use it freely :rotfl:
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has anyone started their manual? I got a nice file this week so i'm itching to get going now.

Glad you like your diary Pixie the life planner used to go from Oct, have they changed that?
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Please can you call come round to my house to organise me! I would love to be organised like you all.............oh well, maybe one day!
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    *zippy* wrote: »
    Has anyone started their manual? I got a nice file this week so i'm itching to get going now.

Glad you like your diary Pixie the life planner used to go from Oct, have they changed that?

Maybe i ordered the wrong one as my diary is for 2010 from Jan - Dec. The life planner maybe a better idea but then i dont have children to organise so the diary will work for me for now. or maybe i could order something else too lol.

Pix
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    edited 5 September 2009 at 1:01AM
    Oh I shouldn't be tempting you pixie :o My life planner goes from Oct and there is masses in it, meal planning, budgeting, notes for the month etc, but tbh I haven't used all it offers as i'm not that organised :D Maybe next year! You will be fine with what you have, unless you want to be mega organised and have two diaries on the go, think that would completely confuse me :rotfl:
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    I've never been one for peer pressure...but I've just ordered the family diary...Starts in september and goes to December 2010.
    I'll let you know how I get on, but it certainly seems to have everything Im looking for.
  • Magpie.
    Magpie. Posts: 125 Forumite
    I love the Organised mum diaries. Last year I had a life book with a black leather cover but I found it so bulky I never kept it in my bag but shoved it in a drawer so it wasn't organising me at all! This year I bought a Pocket Life book with a lovely red cover and it fits in my bag perfect! It started on Tuesday (1st Spet)
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    I have folders with plastic pockets in

Household inc bills, tv, insurance etc
    Me - exam certs, driving licence, my cc bills, student laods etc
    Hubby - same as above but for him
    Son - school letters, passport, etc etc
    Insruction booklets and guarentees

I have a recipe journal for clippings etc and a note book for meal plans and shopping lists which. The plan for the week then gets marneted to the fridge. I also have a magnet pad on the fridge to jot down stuff as it runs out. I did try to do all that in excell but I have a secret stationary fetish.

I don't have a rota or anything like that for jobs or a schedule for when bigger jobs etc need doing
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    I have a 6-hole [enter brand name here] ring binder diary.....thingie :p It was a gift many moons ago but I do so like it, apart from it being a tad bulky to keep in my handbag.
    We've got a filing cabinet but I'm liking the idea of collecting appropriate data together in one place to make referencing easier than trawling thru all the other gumph. I'm going to have to make some lists of what lists I need to keep :j:rotfl:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• rachbc - you are not alone, I am a stationery addict too - quite jealous of all the students going back to school now and seeing them get new stationery etc!

If you go to www.flickr.com you can type in household planner, household notebook etc and you will spend hours seeing how people make their own diaries, log books, etc. Many are almost an art form!
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business