🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

July 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    you need to have your name booked on your holiday the same as your passport

so i have decided to book the holiday in my maiden name and keep my passport in my maiden name
    if you change your passport in your married name-which you cna do before you get married- you only get the years left on it- rather than it starting again
    does that make sense?!
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have booked the honeymoon in my married name in the hope they will bump us up on flights etc being a honeymoon couple so I need to change my passport before. Sammy - I believe that you get a full passport with an extra 9 months as the full fee is paid on application. I may be wrong but I know I read it somewhere.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £600/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15893.61/£22787.04
  • Rose1960
    Rose1960 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Finally booked my honeymoon today, I swear it was stressing me out more than the wedding! Las Vegas and Mexico gonna be awesome!:)
    :D
  • ajmoney
    Options
    We went to Vegas a couple of years ago and I loved it so much. Where are you staying?
  • Rose1960
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    We went to Vegas a couple of years ago and I loved it so much. Where are you staying?

The Luxor hotel - reviews are a little mixed but looks fun! So excited!
  • ajmoney
    Options
    We ate at their buffet restaurant and it is quite well placed on the strip, my OH stayed there the first time he went and loved it. With regard reviews, they will always be mixed but most people won't think to leave feedback if their stay was good, that is what I think anyway. You will have an amazing time in Vegas, we spent a fortune while we were there as we went to see a show every night but we had an amazing trip.
  • Rose1960
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    We ate at their buffet restaurant and it is quite well placed on the strip, my OH stayed there the first time he went and loved it. With regard reviews, they will always be mixed but most people won't think to leave feedback if their stay was good, that is what I think anyway. You will have an amazing time in Vegas, we spent a fortune while we were there as we went to see a show every night but we had an amazing trip.

Thank you! Our hotel in Mexico is AI so we can go wild in Vegas, hope our guests are generous!
  • Curious_George_2
    Curious_George_2 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    as we are talking honeymoons, my dad gave us the money yesterday to book the hotel! (yaaay!)
    so now we have flights, a hotel and take that tickets in milan.... we just need spending money! so like rose... i hope we get a bit of help with that as we have paid for pretty much everything else ourselves and will be stony broke!

its our hag weekend starting tomorrow (joint hen and stag) we are going to an adults only big weekender at butlins, disco inferno!
    we have matching t shirts (hags on tour) for tomorrow night, awful abba-esque outfits for the saturday night and have booked a 2 hour spa session for sunday, cant wait....
    no phone, no kids, no cooking, no washing up & no hassle for a whole weekend! i am SO excited
  • Rose1960
    Options
    Just ordered the M&S Rose wedding cake - 10% off discount that finishes this evening, such a bargain for £179 - just couldn't justify paying over £300 in my local cake shop - hope it lives up to its good reviews!
  • Rose1960
    Options
    its our hag weekend starting tomorrow (joint hen and stag) we are going to an adults only big weekender at butlins, disco inferno!
    we have matching t shirts (hags on tour) for tomorrow night, awful abba-esque outfits for the saturday night and have booked a 2 hour spa session for sunday, cant wait....
    no phone, no kids, no cooking, no washing up & no hassle for a whole weekend! i am SO excited[/QUOTE]

Have a great time!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills