July 2011 Brides

Options

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We went to watch our band at another wedding last night and I feel relieved that they are what we want. I know one of the bend members and approached him about what we wanted, he mentioned he was part of a band that could supply what we wanted. We met the main guy who organises everything and him and the rest of the band are really easy to get on with. Emailing them today to organise a meeting to discuss what we want. The bride from the wedding said they went round to her house and sat for over an hour talking through all the possibilities. Seeing as our budget has come down, we are paying far less each than we expected and combined are paying a lot less than my dad's contribution, we are hiring some of their dancers for some added entertainment. It will be a surprise for our guests but not sure how long we will be able to keep it to ourselves. I was on such a high after last night and the band weren't even on form as their audience weren't dancing so I am very happy with our choice.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • sammy_wheeler
    sammy_wheeler Posts: 2,351 Forumite
    Options
    sounds great aj :) glad they were what you wanted :)
    Is a married woman!! 23rd July 2011 Best day of my life!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Handed in the marriage notice forms earlier, I was quite nervous but it wasn't that bad. I have just emailed the band and chaplain to organise meetings so hopefully we will hear from them soon. I am still waiting for replies from our photographer for a meeting and our venue about the options available for food in the evening but I only emailed them yesterday...I just need to be patient.

Our favours arrived today, I ordered them on Friday :j

The next job is to decide on our readings and hymns to discuss with the chaplain and also what vows we want I think. I also need to fill out my passport forms so he can sign them when we meet. After the eeting we can do the order of service and just email it to him for approval :j
  • sammy_wheeler
    Options
    have got a list of questions and written notes of what i need to tell wedding coordinator tomorrow night- cant wait to go and see the venue again and speak to him :)

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • sammy_wheeler
    Options
    very excited about going to venue and speaking to coordinator tonight :)

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Hope it goes well Sammy. We are still waiting for replies to our emails, if I haven't had any by tomorrow I may send another, especially to the ones we emailed before the weekend.
  • sammy_wheeler
    Options
    i just put on my facebook- people invited to the wedding- don't forget to get your rsvp back to me by the 31st May

:)

hopefully that will kick oh's family to do it :) hehe

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • sammy_wheeler
    Options
    well meeting at the venue went brilliantly :)
    we went through everything and i feel great about it all now :) so exciting!

i need to contact the wedding coordinator again at the end of june to finalise numbers etc

one thing i am really glad at is that he we be our toast master too- i looked at the prices for these- and it was stupid amount of money- so i has thought about getting a guest to shout and do it- but i like now that its more professional :)

he showed us the reception room- which is set up with tables, and the dance floor in a different position to where i have seen it before- and i like it- so we were able to visualise it and see where we would be in 9 weeks on saturday :)

after my msg on facebook about the rsvps- 2 people 'liked' the comment- and they were 2 ppl i am chasing- so hopefully should get theres soon hehe!

TTC first baby Jan 2013
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Freaked out a little earlier. I had a missed call from the registrars office asking me to call them. They wanted the phone number of my vicar to check his designation which made me worry that something was wrong until I thought about it. We are having a religious ceremony in a hotel in Scotland with...a Church of England vicar, no wonder they wanted to check it!

Been to pick up a form for OH today to check he is in date for his jabs ready for the honeymoon.

Started filling out my passport last night which was strange, I kept stopping to check I was putting the correct name in. Still need to check a couple of bits with the post office as I am unsure which surname goes in some of the boxes. I need to start practising my signature for it too.
  • Curious_George_2
    Curious_George_2 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    actually... thats a point, can i still travel on my passport for my honeymoon or do i have to get it changed with my new name details inbetween cos we wont have a lot of time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure