🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

It's Thursday 6th August! What Are We Wearing Today?

Options
Morning all!

Just getting my stuff together for the Big Chill so I'll be awol for the next few days.

Today's outfit ('cos it's quite nice outside):

Vintage 1970's "Berketex" maxi dress in white with florescent pink and green floral print (99p from eBay)
Multi-coloured Matalan faux snake Gladiators (£12)
TopShop elasticated waistbelt with leather front (20p Car Boot Sale)
Vintage faded denim waistcoat (had for over 10 years - £1 from a charity shop)
Huge assortment of wooden, brass and enamel bangles (Collected from Indian street markets, my mum's stash and car boot sales)
Wooden disc earrings (99p Chinese jewellery shop in Birmingham)
Battered straw trilby hat (Salvation Army 50p)
Indian silver tribal rings

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the sunshine (while it lasts).
:beer:

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have a fab time Goanmad......and I hope you get snapped by Rankin!

BTW, did everyone see we "Fashionistas" got a mention in the Weekly Email from Our Lord & Master, Martin? linky Scroll down to the bottom!! :T

Anyway, am minuting a Directors meeting today, so will be wearing a navy suit, pale pink v-neck top, pale pink wedge sandals & my best pen!

See you later - orange shoes are not compulsory!!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • judyjetson
    judyjetson Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, been at work since 6am and I still don't think I've woken up properly, despite about a gallon of coffee.

Today I'm wearing a vintage Windsmoor jersey shirt, green with little haunted houses on it (ebay a few years back, couple of quid I think)
    Jeans (New Look)
    Dark green Benetton pointy toe suede flats (charity shop, still had labels on, £3)
    Tan Mulberry satchel

Have a great time at the Big Chill Goanmad.
  • piratefairy
    piratefairy Posts: 4,342 Forumite
    Options
    judgejaq wrote: »
    Today I'm wearing a vintage Windsmoor jersey shirt, green with little haunted houses on it (ebay a few years back, couple of quid I think)

Sounds fab, I'd like one!!

Today's just a vintage dress from a charity shop, turq and pink rose pattern, a turq skinny belt with a bow on, and some mint Irregular Choice pointy flats, with a pink poodle on them. Bit miserable here today.

Have a fab time Goanmad..
  • esmecullen
    esmecullen Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Morning its very warm again

Wearing

Long brown cotton skirt - Matalan

Yellow print top - ASOS

Lemon lace cami - M & S

Brown Gladiator sandles - New Look

Louis Vuitton bag

Only wearing my usual D & G watch as I forgot to look for a necklace

Have a good day everyone

Enjoy the Bill Chill Goanmad:D
    total airhead, total bimbo, very superficial:D
  • GrammarGirl
    GrammarGirl Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Options
    Hola fashionable friends! It's rather lovely here up North today, so to celebrate the summer I'm wearing autumnal colours! :rotfl:

Here's today's:

Chocolate brown jersey dress with gathered front (American Apparel, £20)
    White vest
    Mustard yellow cardi
    Tan gladiators
    Long vintage owl necklace

And today's eye colour is chocolate brown mixed with yellow and very smudged. Should've painted my nails last night but made veggie lasagna instead! :)
  • OrangeProse
    OrangeProse Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    I'm 'trying something' today. Not sure if it's working yet or not.

Dark red t-shirt with cartoon (a Weenicon, apparently - no, me neither) Del Boy, Rodney and Uncle Albert on the front
    Oversized (i.e. really baggy) dark grey pinstripe trousers, with the front crease pressed out of them to make them less formal and a white plastic belt
    White basketball trainers

Hair today is extremely vertical and there is a pair of aviators in my bag, just in case I get to lunchtime and decide that I need another layer of crazy.

So many of you combine charity shop stuff with new! I like this as a concept. Charity shops round here (Soho) are a bit thin on the ground though and the ones that are here tend to be very expensive. Good for raising money for the charities, I guess, not so good if you're after a bargain. East London is a lot better for charity shops.
    "I'm not a one-trick pony. I'm not a ten-trick pony. I'm a whole field of ponies - and they're all literally running towards this job."
    An utter berk, 2010.
  • Alexnikov
    Alexnikov Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone's outfits sound lovely today! Very jealous - can't wait to lose some weight and start wearing summery dresses etc.

I'm wearing:

Pale grey thin boyfriend cardi - Tesco £12
    Current favourite top - it's blue with a flower print and a thick band of white crochet-type material at the neckline and hem and also making up the straps - Asda £12
    Cords - Dotty P's, can't remember the price as they're ancient
    Pale grey pumps - Dotty P's £12 (I'm sensing a price theme here!)
    White beaded earrings - Accessorize I think - they were a present
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So many of you combine charity shop stuff with new! I like this as a concept. Charity shops round here (Soho) are a bit thin on the ground though and the ones that are here tend to be very expensive. Good for raising money for the charities, I guess, not so good if you're after a bargain. East London is a lot better for charity shops.

Yes, but there are fantastic charity shops if you step out side Soho. On on the highstreet end of Kensington Church street is always interesting, and of course the Notting Hill Charity shop near Pat Val on the Brompton Rd. Funnily enough, although other people rve about Hapstead shops I've never found much there, although DH found a pair of trousers he wore to death and loved.

Its nice to have a guy on the thread.

OK, well, I'm in my grey shift again this morning....its going in the wsh this afternoon but I had to trow something on quickly to answer the door. The day is sort of getting ahead of me....will ahve to shower later this morning.

This afternoon will be:

Wide leg blck linen trousers
    Black vest and black/gold tunic top.
    Multi coloured bangles and braclets (assorted and multudinous)
    My wedding ring, and a cocktail ring, dangly multicolours earings
    Diamante flip flops (I hate the word ''diamante'') they are this season monsoon, so bought full price, but I wear them A LOT, but not as comfortable as similar but tired ones from tesco last year
    Haven't decided which sunglasses, have two pairs that will work.(actually I've noticed I never mention sunglasses but I almost always wear them)

MSE well groomed tasks are that I've noticed my washing isn't cleaning brilliantly. So I've got some spot stain removing to do, clean the washing machine (although I did that and rn with bleach in earlier this week, maybe I've disloged some dirt that wasn'ta problem before). I have to scotch guard some suede shoes (barely worn suede for ages: its always too wet!) and tonight I'm going to vaseline and bag my feet and do nails and hands.
  • OrangeProse
    Options
    Yes, but there are fantastic charity shops if you step out side Soho. On on the highstreet end of Kensington Church street is always interesting, and of course the Notting Hill Charity shop near Pat Val on the Brompton Rd. Funnily enough, although other people rve about Hapstead shops I've never found much there, although DH found a pair of trousers he wore to death and loved.

Oh, Pat 'n' Val's. I love them so much. You're right, of course. I need to explore beyond my tiny Soho enclave. I shall have to take a trip up to Kensington, it's not far from my flat.

Its nice to have a guy on the thread.

I should warn you now, I'm barely a man. I have orange shoes. :D

I hate the word ''diamante''

I know what you mean. Maybe we should call it 'rhinestone' instead. DollyWood here we come! Diamante is cool now, apparently. Swarovski use it.
    "I'm not a one-trick pony. I'm not a ten-trick pony. I'm a whole field of ponies - and they're all literally running towards this job."
    An utter berk, 2010.
  • piratefairy
    piratefairy Posts: 4,342 Forumite
    Options
    I know what you mean. Maybe we should call it 'rhinestone' instead. DollyWood here we come! Diamante is cool now, apparently. Swarovski use it.
    #
    Cannot stand Swarkowski, they charge soo much for things that look sooo tacky. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport