Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2009 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Hiya Marg

have emailed that image to you ... plus a few others!! :D

I seem to 'fritter' all the time these days... maybe that should be my nickname!! I know I'm always late for everything cos I get sidetracked so easily!! LOL!! x
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Furry Is it you that's got 4 right on the CP challenge? I managed 2 one of which is mine!

well I did my guess last night and amazingly I got 5 right!! Not sure how I did it or what my logic (or lack of it was based on!!)
  • RyanJoshua
    Options
    Cut A4 paper into a square..

Fold it once over then fold over again

So it's now quatre size and in the shape of a card..

Now open it out and fold the card long ways..

In the bottom half section in the middle cut a small slit in the fold about a CM deep

Re fold the card and if you use a pencil you can pull the slit apart and it makes a beak!

So you can make a pop up easter card or something with a mouth! :T
  • Popkins
    Options
    furrypig wrote: »
    well I did my guess last night and amazingly I got 5 right!! Not sure how I did it or what my logic (or lack of it was based on!!)

Oh wow!! 5 correct!!! I only got 3 and was scared to have another go in case I got less!!

P.S. have emailed you!!
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Popkins wrote: »
    Mmmm can't work out how I submit my black & white card to the Funkyfairys challenge? can anyone enlighten me pleeeeese!! thanks ever so!!

Rainmac - I know its soooo exciting! If a little scarey - what if they don't like what I make?!! EEEK!! will have to do some research about prices too!!!! I keep looking at your blog to see if you've added a picture of the wedding invites you did recently (I'm soooo nosey)!!! Would love to see them - how did you work pricing? And were you just given a colour/theme & you designed from that?

anyway I really should be doing housework & have been crafting ALL morning!! tut tut not a good wifey!!! Really want to get the house looking nice & a nice meal cooked for hubby coming home as its our anniversary!! Not our wedding anniversary (that was in May - 9yrs) but the anniversary of the day we met 17yrs ago!! We've always celebrated it as we never thought we'd get married - took him 8yrs to propose!! LOL!!

The wedding cards I make is on behalf of a lady who runs her own wedding stationery business (she sub-contracts work out to me)... http://www.fairytaleweddingstationery.com/. So I just make them, I don't get involved in the design or buying of the materials. My advice would be to ask your friend about colour. You need to work out how much it costs you to make a card and how long. I am personally carp with pricing, all my friends tell me so, I love the making but hate the working out how much to charge! :rolleyes: Make sure you get your friend to agree a proof of the card before you start into full scale production just in case there's something that they want tweaking. It's all very exciting :j

Happy anniversary :D, me and my OH sort of still celebrate the anniversary of the first time we went out, August 24th 1997.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    lovely cards alee, OAP, skiergirl and popkins

hels congrats on finding your wedding dress, it's great to know you've got that part sorted isn't it!

rusty the alphabet I used on my good luck card was the Quickutz Banana Split one, I got it from Crafts U love a few weeks ago when they had it in the sale for £15 ;) I love it, it's so useful

hope your kitty gets better soon hamish.

it must be a bad week for cats, my mum and dad's cat was run over on wednesday night and has been in the vets since then with dislocated hips :(
    she's had to have an operation and they are waiting to see if she can get about a bit before letting her out, she will have to live in a cage for a while though so she doesn't jump about too much :(

rainmac I don't think I have entered the baby card challenge yet, I am planning to this weekend though so if I don't get round to it I'll let you know to remove me from the list ;)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Gemm85 wrote: »
    lovely cards alee, OAP, skiergirl and popkins

hels congrats on finding your wedding dress, it's great to know you've got that part sorted isn't it!

rusty the alphabet I used on my good luck card was the Quickutz Banana Split one, I got it from Crafts U love a few weeks ago when they had it in the sale for £15 ;) I love it, it's so useful

hope your kitty gets better soon hamish.

it must be a bad week for cats, my mum and dad's cat was run over on wednesday night and has been in the vets since then with dislocated hips :(
    she's had to have an operation and they are waiting to see if she can get about a bit before letting her out, she will have to live in a cage for a while though so she doesn't jump about too much :(

rainmac I don't think I have entered the baby card challenge yet, I am planning to this weekend though so if I don't get round to it I'll let you know to remove me from the list ;)

Oh Gemm, so sorry to hear about your mum and dad's cat :(

I added anyone to the baby card list who had made cards for Melissa as she posted all our cards on her blog ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Mary-op - As you can see from my blog I haven't made a notebook in ages - I'll have to make one and dig out my bind-it-all as its just gathering dust!

Popkins - I received your card this morning - thank you so much its lovely! I'll put a pic of it on my blog later. Have you got a link to the instructions - I really fancy making one myself? Your black and white card is gorgeous - very classy. I don't think it needs anything adding - its perfect as it is! Congratulations on your orders!!

I also received a lovely card from Hels. I love the embossed card blank - thank you so much, I'll post a pic later!
  • Popkins
    edited 7 August 2009 at 3:28PM
    Options
    Hiya Mel - sooo glad you like your card!! Really simple to make I used these instructions!! Very simple, quick & easy just using A4 sheet of card/paper!! :D

Gemma - you're poor mum & dad's kitty!! poor poppet!!

A few finished cards on my blog!!
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Popkins - thanks for the instructions!! The cards on our blog are fab, your baby girl card is lovely - but I prefer my boy one!!! I'm really impressed with these cards - especially as they open too (if you know what I mean).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure