Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Can I please just check entries for the baby card challenge...
    dragonllew
    flourgirl
    MrsTidge
    bunbun
    Paddington
    Jailhousebabe
    TheWife
    mumhug
    cgcockcroft
    Gemm
    saveapenny
    Skiergirl

If anyone else has made a card and should be on this list please let me know as I am trying to keep up with the cards ready for the end of the challenge on Monday.

Hiya Rainmac - can you add me to the list please - I have made a card for this challenge and posted it yesterday - hopefully should be able to upload photo later today or tomorrow once Mel has received it!! thanks!

Saveapenny - I couldn't seem to find your DT card - must be having a floopy moment!!

I have been making an anniversary card for my hubby and decided to try and make it in black and white so that I can enter it for the challenge on... I think its funkyfairies! Anyway - I think it needs something else added to the front but can't think what to use - tried black/white flowers but they looked toooo girly - anyone got any suggestions please - it just doesn't look quite 'finished' iyswim - I really do struggle with man cards!! :confused:

NykKellie17thanniv.jpg
  • Popkins
    Options
    Oooh also had some good news - my pocket card I made recently (actually for the MSE Embossed thankyoucard here) that I sent to our friends as a thankyou/acceptance for their wedding party - well they loved it so much that they are interested in me making their wedding 'thankyou' cards! woop woop - soo exciting! Plus someone else I know is getting married next year and has asked whether I do wedding invites!!! Said I haven't but would love to do some so keep me in mind!!!

Off to catchup now!!
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Popkins - I think it looks just fine as it is! If I add more it usually spoils a card. Yours looks elegant. May I ask how you achieved the 'frill' round the circles please?
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's gorgeous Popkins, I love black and white, looks very elegant indeed.

I think it looks ok too without adding anything else to it.

Sal
    x
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Just lost my long post!!! B* computers! Here's an edited version

Furry Is it you that's got 4 right on the CP challenge? I managed 2 one of which is mine!

Rainmac - my baby card is made but I can't show yet either. Have I got till tea time on Monday? I have another to do, so, if that's finished in time, I'll show that one.

Clarissa - I never have inspiration until the last minute! I even go in card shops looking for ideas I can (sort of) copy! Sad!

Snap Marg, I got 2 too :rolleyes: ;)

Have added Popkins, furry and Marg to the baby card list :D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Popkins wrote: »
    Oooh also had some good news - my pocket card I made recently (actually for the MSE Embossed thankyoucard here) that I sent to our friends as a thankyou/acceptance for their wedding party - well they loved it so much that they are interested in me making their wedding 'thankyou' cards! woop woop - soo exciting! Plus someone else I know is getting married next year and has asked whether I do wedding invites!!! Said I haven't but would love to do some so keep me in mind!!!

Off to catchup now!!

How fantastic is that, huge congratulations :T :j :T :j

I love your black and white card and I agree it looks gorgeous as it it x
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    popkins - what a super card ! :T
    Wish I'd thought of doing one similar style for sons birthday next week..........ended up doing a sort of accordian type one in black and white with cut out records and stuff..............now just need a musical verse for the inside -ideas anyone ?:confused:
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • Popkins
    Options
    Thanks for comments everyone!!

Marg - the 'Love' frilly circle is actually a 'freebie' image I downloaded from somewhere - sorry I'm soooo rubbish at remembering where I get things from! Think is was Lily-boo something blog!?!!! Anyway - I can send it to you if you want it? I used it to create the 'Happy Anniversary' one by copying & paste into powerpoint & then I put a black circle over the top to cover up the 'Love' & added my own text - iyswim?!!!

anyway let me if you'd like it & I can email it you no probs!!
  • Popkins
    Options
    Mmmm can't work out how I submit my black & white card to the Funkyfairys challenge? can anyone enlighten me pleeeeese!! thanks ever so!!

Rainmac - I know its soooo exciting! If a little scarey - what if they don't like what I make?!! EEEK!! will have to do some research about prices too!!!! I keep looking at your blog to see if you've added a picture of the wedding invites you did recently (I'm soooo nosey)!!! Would love to see them - how did you work pricing? And were you just given a colour/theme & you designed from that?

anyway I really should be doing housework & have been crafting ALL morning!! tut tut not a good wifey!!! Really want to get the house looking nice & a nice meal cooked for hubby coming home as its our anniversary!! Not our wedding anniversary (that was in May - 9yrs) but the anniversary of the day we met 17yrs ago!! We've always celebrated it as we never thought we'd get married - took him 8yrs to propose!! LOL!!
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2009 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Popkins - Oh Yes please!!

Many Congratulations on your 'meeting' anniversary!

My DH is weeding whilst I 'fritter' the morning away! ie anything that isn't getting ready to go to MIL's to do her cleaning!!! Who wouldn't rather 'fritter'?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure