Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options

Dawnteabag - could you not use the same idea as I used for my FIL's card? the gardening basket? Here

Ooooh Rusty that looks perfect. How did you make it - did you use templates?
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2009 at 8:01PM
    Options
    Awh Melissa he is gorgeous!! I think I'm starting to feel broody! He is soooo sweet! The cards you've had are stunning and so is the nappy cake!
    Rainmac your teabag holder cards and post it note holders look amazing I wish I was coming to your fair!
    Skiegirl lovely cards on your blog!
    OAP you will recieve a little parcel off me in the morning again I'm so sorry for the delay! The mumji dolls are so cute!
    Paddington I was so close to ordering from Landy but just happened to call into a local dressmaker who had the perfect dress there for me and it was £60 more than what I would have been paying with Landy so for peace of mind I went for it I'm going for a final fitting on Monday and of course I will be sharing pictures with you all, you'll be the only ones (apart from my mum) to see it! Awh I so wish you could be there on the day!!!:rotfl:
    Saveapenny has been very busy making my wedding invitations!
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    OAP - well shows that I don't know what's hip anymore then if I haven't heard of those dolls!!! I was a little bit worried that my youngest son Brandon would be a bit jealous, but he's been so lovely - I am so proud of both of them. When I took Brandon shopping with me to the Asda before Elliot was born he kept going to the george department saying he wanted to buy clothes for the baby.

Skiergirl - there's some great cards on your blog! I love your gardening one - and the baby one looks very familiar!
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    melissa - I've been away to see my now adult offspring - what a surprise to see that Elliott has at last arrived:T
    Sorry, couldn't send you a card so hugs and best wishes to you both. He's a total gem :j
    Just had a look through your blog for ideas -bought a little pack of shopping list size notebooks to cover and needed inspiration............lol You being the 'notebook queen ' where better to look.............lol
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • clarissa_D
    clarissa_D Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AWW thank you for the lovely welcomes :0) hope all is well I am currently awaiting my new punches and things from Ebay :0) lol going to do a rudolph and snowman card with DD for xmas cards lets hope she sticks them right lol she 3 and half brought some stamps also
    any1 else lose inspiration easy ??
    :eek: [STRIKE]£11,362.86[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]9,973.11[/STRIKE] Loan ;) DFX 2013 #050: £ / £10,149.04 :eek:
    C.C £507.55/£550.40 :T
    DFD Oct 2015
    :D Downshift Challenge 2013 :D
  • cgcockcroft
    Options
    OAP- i love the little dolls they are so cute!

thanks for all the praise on my blog and here guys, it really keeps the mojo going!
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    clarissa_D wrote: »
    AWW thank you for the lovely welcomes :0) hope all is well I am currently awaiting my new punches and things from Ebay :0) lol going to do a rudolph and snowman card with DD for xmas cards lets hope she sticks them right lol she 3 and half brought some stamps also
    any1 else lose inspiration easy ??

Errr yep I do!!! Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes I can sit surrounded by card, paper and other bits and have no clue what to do with any of it :confused:;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Can I please just check entries for the baby card challenge...
    dragonllew
    flourgirl
    MrsTidge
    bunbun
    Paddington
    Jailhousebabe
    TheWife
    mumhug
    cgcockcroft
    Gemm
    saveapenny
    Skiergirl

If anyone else has made a card and should be on this list please let me know as I am trying to keep up with the cards ready for the end of the challenge on Monday.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya Rainmac
    I have made a card for the challenge but haven't posted a pic as it has not been received yet. It was sent first class yesterday so hopefully it will be there today or tomorrow so I will post a pic over the weekend.

Had a go at the Cp card challenge it is so hard!!! Go over to craftyplace and have a look even if you're not in it it is great fun to have a guess (and it you have any clues let me know!!!LOL!!)
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just lost my long post!!! B* computers! Here's an edited version

Furry Is it you that's got 4 right on the CP challenge? I managed 2 one of which is mine!

Rainmac - my baby card is made but I can't show yet either. Have I got till tea time on Monday? I have another to do, so, if that's finished in time, I'll show that one.

Clarissa - I never have inspiration until the last minute! I even go in card shops looking for ideas I can (sort of) copy! Sad!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure