Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 8 (and chat)

Options

Comments

• tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Think it does work, but depends on the cashier. Some will just take whatever scans, others will look closely at them and say...these are one per transaction. I recall last week using two of the soft drinks ones. The week before I tried two of the dairy ones and the lady gave one back....

I find that the 18 year old male is your best bet:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. He doesn't appear to have a vested interest in the store's profits. I always thought their objective was to maximise sales:rolleyes:

So far as I can see these coupons don't mention '1 per transaction' so the CAs shouldn't have a problem so long as you've spent enough.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Mum2Hannah
    Mum2Hannah Posts: 467 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2009 at 12:23PM
    Options
    katie1991 wrote: »
    my tesco doesnt take Lidl cos its not a MAJOR supermarket and theres not one local either:confused:

My T's don't accept ANY conditional spend vouchers IF THEY DON'T SCAN!:( As the stores r not reimbursed for the non scan coupons mine won't accept them, full stop! I contacted CS who initially told me (when the Morrisons S&S were around) that these should be taken regardless only to have this info changed & told later the acceptance on the S&S is @ the managers discretion... yet, as Coupon Mad has highlighted, as per the Coupon Policy, the acceptance of these vouchers is NOT @ the GM's discretion yet the GM's will have the backing of their HO so nothing we can do about, I'm afraid...:(
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    Mum2Hannah wrote: »
    My T's don't accept ANY conditional spend vouchers IF THEY DON'T SCAN!:( As the stores r not reimbursed for the non scan coupons mine won't accept them, full stop! I contacted CS who initially told me (when the Morrisons S&S were around) that these should be taken regardless only to have this info changed & told later the acceptance on the S&S is @ the managers discretion... yet, as Coupon Mad has highlighted, as per the Coupon Policy, the acceptance of these vouchers is NOT @ the GM's discretion yet the GM's will have the backing of thier HO so nothing we can do about, I'm afraid...:(

Try ringing and getting through to Cardiff call centre, i spoke to a guy there the other day he was good, he said they got a unit now to deal with these issues and they should take the coupons even if they dont scan - no arguments - they should take them and they dont redeem them they write them off he said "take a hit" as they getting rest ur money. If no joy write to Terry.Leahy
    SIMPLES!
  • Mum2Hannah
    Options
    hogshead wrote: »
    Is it possible to use multiples of the same mail vouchers from last week in 1 shop?
    Spend £8 on household stuff so say I spend £24 can I use X 3 of the £2 off household vouchers in the same shop. My store doesn't like/allow split shopping so this would be easier but if needs must,
    tbw wrote: »
    Yes you can - I did this earlier this week and I also used a till spit for £3 off wys £15 (plus a few MOCs!) and paid about £2 for £25 worth (I couldn't add up properly as I was going round) of cleaning?household stuff.
    tbw wrote: »
    So far as I can see these coupons don't mention '1 per transaction' so the CAs shouldn't have a problem so long as you've spent enough.

AFAIK this will be SA dependent b'coz the coupons do state the following: spend £5/£10 (whatever the requirements on the minimum spend) or more so, technically, if I purchase, say £16, worth of household goods I could only b allowed to use 1 voucher as it states 'spend £8 or more'... generally, some SA's will let it b if they scan as these r T's coupons but I've found many to read the conditions on the vouchers and hand them back... thus, unfortunately, very SA dependent...:(
  • sher60
    sher60 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot to to you what one of the cashiers told me during our 4 store run the other day!
    She was telling me that soon the tills will be able to detect if the internet coupon is legit or not!:j Yippee, it's about time they programed the tills to detect when a coupon with the same ID number is being used. This should put a stop to photocopies!!!:T
    I assume the coupon ID number will be stored in a central database or hooked up to the coupon clearing house database when it is used and if someone tries to use another coupon with the same ID number the till will not accept it!! I think this is fantastic news!!!!!!!
    Murphy knows me too well and sticks to me like glue!
  • Mum2Hannah
    Options
    sher60 wrote: »
    I forgot to to you what one of the cashiers told me during our 4 store run the other day!
    She was telling me that soon the tills will be able to detect if the internet coupon is legit or not!:j Yippee, it's about time they programed the tills to detect when a coupon with the same ID number is being used. This should put a stop to photocopies!!!:T
    I assume the coupon ID number will be stored in a central database or hooked up to the coupon clearing house database when it is used and if someone tries to use another coupon with the same ID number the till will not accept it!! I think this is fantastic news!!!!!!!

That would be fab Sher60!! But I imagine how much this would cost? Would it not b far easier for T's (as they do in many, many stores) just not to accept internet coupons? Also, when (whoever can) uses the PDF's internet coupons how would T's system b able to tell if these r photcopies? They don't bring any ID on them...:confused:
  • yorkygal
    yorkygal Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    We had our best ever shop today at T's. Between us we saved £64.67 on a total shop of £107.11 :T:T:T:T:D:D Although £20 was courtesy of the Double Up scheme. Managed to use 3 Farmfoods coupons no problem but neither of our KOS worked
    Opinions are like ar*eholes - everybody has one!!!! :D
  • Need_a_break
    Options
    Hi all, first of all i would like to thank everyone that contributes to this thread, you have been very helpful and entertaining:T.
    I have been reading the thread every now and then but family commitments dont allways let me catch up properly so do forgive me if i am posting this in the wrong place.

Discovery Fajita Kit ( £1.2x in Home bargains) Has a unique code for a £2 moc off sol beer that can be claimed via their website WWW.sol-beer.co.uk/rewards.

Hope I've done this right and thanks again.

xx

Nab

(I have not used it as we do not drink, so pm me if you want it)
    You laugh because I'm different......I laugh cause I just farted!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. (A.C)
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, first of all i would like to thank everyone that contributes to this thread, you have been very helpful and entertaining:T.
    I have been reading the thread every now and then but family commitments dont allways let me catch up properly so do forgive me if i am posting this in the wrong place.

Discovery Fajita Kit ( £1.2x in Home bargains) Has a unique code for a £2 moc off sol beer that can be claimed via their website WWW.sol-beer.co.uk/rewards.

Hope I've done this right and thanks again.

xx

Nab

(I have not used it as we do not drink, so pm me if you want it)

Just print the MOC & use it against your normal shop. I have used several of these, we never drink the stuff eother but £2 off your shop can't be sniffed at & you have the kit to eat up too. Enjoyed one last night.
  • ella_ella_ella
    Options
    Hi

Please could somebody point me in the direction of Tescos coupon terms - the one everybody carries with them :D Im not lazy, I just cant find it :o
    :heart: I love my gorgeous little girl :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport