Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

August 2009 Grocery Challenge - Page 26

New Post Advanced Search

August 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 20 August 2009 at 10:23AM in Old Style MoneySaving
937 replies 97.7K views

Replies

• CW18 - my BM instructions say that after you have used the "dough" setting You have to............

1. Knead and shape the dough into rolls
    2. Place on a greased baking tray
    3. Brush lightly with melted butter
    4. Cover for about 20-25 mins
    5. Allow to rise until double in size and glaze
    6. Bake for about 15-20 mins at 190 degrees cent.

Hope that helps

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Helen. I guess a loaf would need longer cooking time though :confused:
    Cheryl
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grrr - just lost a large post as I was interrupted by a phone call from DH 95 yr old grandma - don't all go AAAHHH - think more Nan from Catherine Tate show than sweet ol' lady.

Anyway, not much to say, except that I'm going to a pampered cheF party tomorrow - has anyone tried/got any products? Website has horrendously expensive products, but you have to buy something don't you? Was thinking of the oil mister as I don't have one, but think it would come in handy.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Trinny

You are allready on the list on the front page :confused:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • elf06elf06 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kezlou wrote: »
    Here are the recipes for you:-
    Twinks hobnobs:- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5392570#post5392570

Mrs M's Lemon cakes:- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=23736749#post23736749

Cornflake tart:-
    Base just shortcrust pastry
    For the filling:
    175g seedless raspberry jam
    50g butter
    50g caster sugar
    2tbsp golden syrup
    175g cornflakes

Chocolate concrete
    100g margarine
    2 eggs
    100g cocoa powder
    1 lb self raising flour
    100g sugar

melt the margarine and sugar and mix well till it goes syrupy
    add flour and cocoa to the syrup on the pan mix well until its becomes stiff .
    add two beaten eggs and gently mix them in until your mix softens.
    place the mixture into the tray, press into the corners and flatten into the sides of the tin.
    Please in the oven (gas mark 5)and leave for about 30-45 minutes. If the top feel hard take it out to cool. Cut up into slices as when its cool its quite hard to cut. It should be hard on top and moist in the middle.

Flying Fresian:- Mushrooms:- just chop up and freeze, then when you want to cook them just put straight into the pan, no need to defrost.

Very proud of myself finished both of the large cushions for the bench so not now just need to put the arms on it then we'll have a lovely pine bench icon_mrgreen.gif

Going to make Leto (DS2) a little cushion as he's feeling a bit left out because of Brandon (DS1) getting his room done.
    Have to buy toothpaste etc at some point today so will update signature when that's done.

well off to make salad.

Thank you thank you thank you xxx
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    scotsaver wrote: »
    ... Used some more Courgettes last night in this Courgette Pie, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=66554&highlight=courgette&page=17 Rosieben - there was a link for it on the front Recipe page but I think it got lost when this Recipe was merged with another existing Thread on Courgettes, can you work your magic to fix it? ... .

all done, thanks for pointing out the broken link :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • elf06elf06 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kezlou wrote: »
    Cornflake tart:-
    Base just shortcrust pastry
    For the filling:
    175g seedless raspberry jam
    50g butter
    50g caster sugar
    2tbsp golden syrup
    175g cornflakes

Just realised theres no instructions for this one - please can you tell me the method. Want to try but not really sure what I should do!!
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • dizzycowdizzycow Forumite
    11 posts
    Phew!! finally caught up with thread, must stay on top this month - always feel really enthusiastic after reading all the tips etc. Have really slipped the last few months but must stick to budget this month - we are going to stay with M&FIL in a few weeks & really want any spare cash for days out with this kids. So.... budget for August is £300. Have already spent £96 of this :eek: so will have to be very careful!!!
    Me, DH, DS(6), DS(2)
    Feb Grocery challenge £322.98/£300
    Aug Grocery challenge £109.86/£300
  • takataka Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far I've spent the grand total of 42p in August! :rotfl: I'm trying not to set foot in the shops this week! Lets see how long that lasts... :rolleyes:
    2020 MFW #51 Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • searching_mesearching_me Forumite
    18.4K posts
    i spent £24 today on a mini shop but £7 was on a tin of milk for bubs so not to bad... that leaves me £54 til a week on saturday should be fine as i dont need anything but milk and bread DD is going away for 2 weeks on thursday so theres a saving to begin with :rotfl: x
    :)Still searching .....:)