Energy Care Group UK Limited Anyone Heard Of?

Options

Comments

• ramesheuk
    Options
    Hi,

Today we had survey done and they agreed for insulation (both loft and wall). It is free of charge and date given to us is 05th Nov.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks.
    Ramesh
  • Claire71uk
    Options
    Seventh call this week, despite TPS registered.

Energy Care Limited

Name & Registered Office:
    ENERGY CARE GROUP LTD
    UNITS 1&2 APPLEY COURT
    APPLEY WOOD CORNER
    HAYNES
    BEDFORDSHIRE
    MK45 3QQ
    Company No. 06965330
    http://www.energycareukltd.co.uk/index.html

I have made several complaints both to the company, and to TPS but nothing

Still getting calls... Someone must be able to stop them!
  • Skents
    Skents Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    We have had a survey conducted by this company today. Our Home is classed as 'Hard To Treat' as it is 3 storey. We were told that due to the size of the house the Government Grant would not cover the whole amount. They have given a measurement of 227sq metres and been quoted a cost of £654 for our proportion of the cost (they have told me we would have to pay over £1500 without the grant). This seems very high, especially as they are receiving a grant from the government.
    Can anyone shed any light on how much the government grant is for and are we being overcharged?
  • ndrink16
    Options
    I was delighted to be offered free cavity wall insulation by Energy Care in a house I've just bought (not moved in yet - thank goodness, as you'll see shortly). The initial survey was fine, lovely lady and chap, who said most of the drilling would be done on the outside of the house. The installers turned up the following week, and proceeded to do virtually all of the drilling inside (thank goodness we've not decorated yet). They managed to drill straight through electric wiring in 2 places - which they must have known about - however said nothing about it and left sharpish. I just happened to be getting an electrician in a few days later - he found a light to be not working, and on investigation discovered the damage the cav. wall installers had caused. The elec told me the entire wall where they'd caused the damage was live, it was extremely dangerous and he couldn't believe they'd left it so unsafe, and without mentioning anything. I have 2 small children and any one of us could have poked fingers into the damaged brickwork, had we been living there at the time. The elec took photos of the damage done to show me - they have drilled straight through wiring, realised their error and simply moved the drill a few cms to one side and carried on. I called EC and an inspector came out immediately to view the damage (the elec let him in, I was at work) - he admitted responsibility, but offered no apology, and casually suggested to the elec that he 'get the work fixed and send us the bill'. He left it at that, didn't even bother to contact me directly. I even had to call him myself to ask where to send the bill to - can't believe I've got to pay it up front myself, £250!!!! I would really like to write to the manager of EC and tell him how upset I am about the cavalier approach of his staff. Does anyone have name or tel no I can use?
  • Leadboiler
    Leadboiler Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 July 2013 at 7:20PM
    Options
    They cold called (even tho my mother is signed up with TPS) and it was decided to see them as she wanted new windows and frames anyhow. The representative was very convincing and explained that a Govt. grant for the windows (recycling the old glass) would not be available after the day that he called..it was the last day to save around 800 pounds. No evidence of this was given.
    When the price was baulked at for new frames he checked the frames and said that there was nothing wrong with them and that it was just the beading/trimming that was rotting and that he assured us would be replaced.
    Workmen arrived and proceeded to do the job. My mother noticed that they were just fitting the windows without replacing the beading/trimming and also that at least one of the frames was in a very bad condition to be seen after the old glass had been removed.
    The saga began!
    Workmen from iGlaze said that they were not instructed to replace the beading. Their boss was contacted. He said no. The salesman from the Energy Care group was not contactable, hadn't left his contact details with my mother and iGlaze refused to get in touch with him.
    My mother is elderly and if it wasn't for a persistent neighbour I have no idea how it would all have turned out. I was on the phone to them but living away from Britain there was little I could do.
    Finally they agreed to replace the beading (it later appeared that on their worksheet 'trimming' was included.) Perplexing. Half way through the job the iGlaze men wanted half of the money up front..this was refused and they left a huge mess outside and didn't finish off the job for a few days.
    The frames in bad condition can be repaired it turns out and someone else was got in to do this.
    I would not recommend Energy Care Group and when I get the chance will inform TPS about their cold calling. An appalling experience for my mother.
  • AssieCJ
    Options
    Has anyone had a new boiler installed by this company under the new Gov Scheme whereby it's free if you have pension credits. My elderly mother has had her boiler condemed and total she has to have a new boiler free - is this scare tactics? Not sure about their reputation. Help!
  • goonermatt
    Options
    In response to Claire71uk, Energy Care Group Limited you listed do not have any operatives who make outbound sales calls. All marketing is done via mail and online.

There have been many recent reports of individuals receiving calls from someone 'representing' Energy Care whether registered under TPS or not and we are trying to establish who is doing this. Obviously we do not want our reputation tarnished by this and if anyone is able to provide further information then it would be much appreciated.

There are other insulation companies in the UK with similar names so it may just be a case of mistaken identity?
  • goonermatt
    Options
    Leadboiler wrote: »
    They cold called (even tho my mother is signed up with TPS) and it was decided to see them as she wanted new windows and frames anyhow. The representative was very convincing and explained that a Govt. grant for the windows (recycling the old glass) would not be available after the day that he called..it was the last day to save around 800 pounds. No evidence of this was given.
    When the price was baulked at for new frames he checked the frames and said that there was nothing wrong with them and that it was just the beading/trimming that was rotting and that he assured us would be replaced.
    Workmen arrived and proceeded to do the job. My mother noticed that they were just fitting the windows without replacing the beading/trimming and also that at least one of the frames was in a very bad condition to be seen after the old glass had been removed.
    The saga began!
    Workmen from iGlaze said that they were not instructed to replace the beading. Their boss was contacted. He said no. The salesman from the Energy Care group was not contactable, hadn't left his contact details with my mother and iGlaze refused to get in touch with him.
    My mother is elderly and if it wasn't for a persistent neighbour I have no idea how it would all have turned out. I was on the phone to them but living away from Britain there was little I could do.
    Finally they agreed to replace the beading (it later appeared that on their worksheet 'trimming' was included.) Perplexing. Half way through the job the iGlaze men wanted half of the money up front..this was refused and they left a huge mess outside and didn't finish off the job for a few days.
    The frames in bad condition can be repaired it turns out and someone else was got in to do this.
    I would not recommend Energy Care Group and when I get the chance will inform TPS about their cold calling. An appalling experience for my mother.

Energy Care Group Limited services include insulation, boilers, solid wall insulation and solar PV. We do not and have never had any involvement with windows so I'm afraid you have the wrong company.
  • goonermatt
    Options
    Skents wrote: »
    We have had a survey conducted by this company today. Our Home is classed as 'Hard To Treat' as it is 3 storey. We were told that due to the size of the house the Government Grant would not cover the whole amount. They have given a measurement of 227sq metres and been quoted a cost of £654 for our proportion of the cost (they have told me we would have to pay over £1500 without the grant). This seems very high, especially as they are receiving a grant from the government.
    Can anyone shed any light on how much the government grant is for and are we being overcharged?

Under the Government ECO scheme, the grants available are calculated when carrying out an energy performance certificate so this obviously varies from house to house. You state that yours is 227m2 and this is exceptionally large as a standard semi detached for example would generally be in the 60m2 area.

As a business, we cannot install work where the cost to us is higher than what we get paid for it, hence why a charge is involved in your case. Bear in mind that we have to pay for a lot more material than usual plus additional labour costs due to the size. I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.
  • goonermatt
    Options
    AssieCJ wrote: »
    Has anyone had a new boiler installed by this company under the new Gov Scheme whereby it's free if you have pension credits. My elderly mother has had her boiler condemed and total she has to have a new boiler free - is this scare tactics? Not sure about their reputation. Help!

The Government schemes primary objective is to save carbon emissions and so part of the funding (known as Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation) is directed to those who are unable to pay for energy saving works, in your case an individual who is in receipt of pension credit which is one of the qualifying benefits under the scheme.

There is no obligation for your mother to have a new boiler but it is free and it sounds like it is required if the existing one has been condemned, presumably by a qualified engineer. Energy Care Group do not force anyone to have a new free boiler whether the existing one is working or not. We simply provide a survey and installation service for those who make enquiries with us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure