£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

Comments

• MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just set up my bacs payment, as it says you don't get paid for 10 days from the last change I might have to wait till next month for my payment.
    Nearly debt free
  • MrGreen wrote: »
    I've just set up my bacs payment, as it says you don't get paid for 10 days from the last change I might have to wait till next month for my payment.

I made that mistake too and had to wait an extra month for payment, the answer is to set up the bacs at the start of a month.

Had my email tonight that payment is on its way, including the o2 £100 :j
  • Payments are made on all 'validated' amounts in your earnings only after we receive the money from the merchants, which usually takes 2-3 months. At this point we will mark the earnings in your account as 'received'. Only then will they be payable to you.

Maybe in time for the January credit card bill then!
  • chrisiow
    chrisiow Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 November 2009 at 12:18AM
    I have just had an email from top cashback stating "The o2 super cashback is back on" Once again, you can now earn a massive £100 cashback when you purchase a 12 month Sim-only deal with O2. After cashback, you could effectively be paying as little as £11.25 per month for your phone contract. Need we say anymore? This really is a great deal!"
    So it seems it is on the £19.58 tariff.
  • sarcasticsheep
    sarcasticsheep Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 11 November 2009 at 2:33PM
    I've read through the whole thead but still not sure how the best thing is to do, my wife has just ordered the £100 cashback simplicity deal (hasn't tracked just yet), however she wants to keep her old PAYG number.

From those who have previous experience of this (ie. they did this and either got the cashback or were declined):

- For porting the number (from existing O2), is it better to fill out the online form at o2.co.uk/keepyournumber instead of calling to ensure cashback comes through? Is it any slower than getting CS to do it over phone?
    - Will contacting CS to change the bank details affect cashback? If so will leave it for 2 months (I hope!) til cashback is paid then change

Thanks in advance! :beer: Getting worried though as I think as its an existing O2 number you do need to call them up. Then again, the whole transaction is completely online (for contract) and changing the number which does not affect the actual order (since I'll have received the SIM by then and accepted the contract) shouldn't really be a valid excuse to decline cashback
  • Anyone? The SIM has just arrived! :confused:
  • I've read through the whole thead but still not sure how the best thing is to do, my wife has just ordered the £100 cashback simplicity deal (hasn't tracked just yet), however she wants to keep her old PAYG number.

From those who have previous experience of this (ie. they did this and either got the cashback or were declined):

- For porting the number (from existing O2), is it better to fill out the online form at o2.co.uk/keepyournumber instead of calling to ensure cashback comes through? Is it any slower than getting CS to do it over phone?
    - Will contacting CS to change the bank details affect cashback? If so will leave it for 2 months (I hope!) til cashback is paid then change

Thanks in advance! :beer: Getting worried though as I think as its an existing O2 number you do need to call them up. Then again, the whole transaction is completely online (for contract) and changing the number which does not affect the actual order (since I'll have received the SIM by then and accepted the contract) shouldn't really be a valid excuse to decline cashback

When I worked for O2 CS in Bury, the number change form took 48-72hrs to process. Where as if you call CS it takes, upto 48hrs. However the consumer watchdog said that the previous 3-5working days to port was ridiculous and so they got it down to 48hrs. I think by now it will be 24hrs. As that is what O2 where working towards over a year ago. Hope that helps :)
    Debts to date: A&L Loan: Paid Off!, :TMMU:Paid Off!, :T
    Student Loan £10,000(+4,000 in interest)£14,000, :rotfl:
    NHS Bursaries: Paid Off!
    :T
  • *Amy*_2
    *Amy*_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    When I worked for O2 CS in Bury, the number change form took 48-72hrs to process. Where as if you call CS it takes, upto 48hrs. However the consumer watchdog said that the previous 3-5working days to port was ridiculous and so they got it down to 48hrs. I think by now it will be 24hrs. As that is what O2 where working towards over a year ago. Hope that helps :)

Hello, Im on a 02 contract which is ending this month and I was wondering if I have to get a pac code and then get the simplicity contract? But also as it is on 02 can I have this offer?

Sorry to sound silly the contract im on is my first one. I will ring 02 Monday and get my pac code but I didnt see anywhere when signing up to the simplicty where to input the code.
    Please help :( * Thanks in advance* :) x
  • meinnit
    meinnit Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    *Amy* wrote: »
    Hello, Im on a 02 contract which is ending this month and I was wondering if I have to get a pac code and then get the simplicity contract? But also as it is on 02 can I have this offer?

Sorry to sound silly the contract im on is my first one. I will ring 02 Monday and get my pac code but I didnt see anywhere when signing up to the simplicty where to input the code.
    Please help :( * Thanks in advance* :) x
    You don't actually need to get a PAC if you're already on O2. Order the Simplicity contract now and when you get the new SIM call customer services to transfer your number over to the new contract. Should take 24 hours or so. Simple!
  • *Amy*_2
    *Amy*_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    meinnit wrote: »
    You don't actually need to get a PAC if you're already on O2. Order the Simplicity contract now and when you get the new SIM call customer services to transfer your number over to the new contract. Should take 24 hours or so. Simple!

Thanks, wasnt sure if you could do that! Has anyone done this too?
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport