£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

Options

Comments

• Ripperoo
    Ripperoo Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    austin wrote: »
    when i access my account on the o2 site, the old contract appears and can be confusing as only the account numbers show up, not the mobile number!

You would think O2 would close 'old' accounts when they are no longer in use.

I took out a 24 month N95/O2 contract in February, which I subsequently cancelled within 14 days after finding a cheaper N96/Orange deal.

However, I can still log into the old O2 account associated with the contract.

Balance is zero, so I would've thought O2 would've closed it.

Just cancelled the Orange contract (due to the recent change in T&Cs) ;) and my Orange account is no longer accessible (from the day it was cancelled).

Looks like I will be cancelling both O2 Simpiciy contracts now tho' as neither have tracked yet (Quidco = 4 days & TCB = 3 days).

Should've tracked by now if they were going to I would have thought.

I know both transactions have been logged, as when I start the missing transaction claim procedure for each site, there is the correct transaction date/time listed.

I'll give it a few more days in the hope it'll come right.
  • korky69
    korky69 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    i just put in an enquiry on quid-co,
    anyone have an idea how long before it gets sorted 1 way or the other?
    ive a feeling it got linked to my dads o2 account during the process as it was the same email address, whats the odds on it going through?

ta
  • sparky2010
    Options
    My quidco £100 is marked as pending. Also if you want a different number to the one they assign you can get a more memorable number off a PAYG simcard and then get a PAC code for it and O2 will then change the number. Doesn't seem to be any time limit for doing it. You can find very cheap memorable numbers starting for 99p on ebay. Mine is like 07931 44 67 44 (thats not my actual number!!) and doesn't have any subsequent '0's in which can be misunderstood. You don't need to pay £££s for a good number.
  • hardy1976
    hardy1976 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This still sounds a lot for SIM only - just me that thinks that?!

A lot?!?! are there any cheaper deals to had?!

with cash back its around £11/month for 800 mins, 1600 texts and unlimited data (bolt-on can be changed)!!!!
  • Danyúl_II
    Danyúl_II Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    Options
    Hasn't tracked yet...

Ordered 11pm on the 17th August, so it's been exactly 1 week since ordering it..

Don't want to be waiting until after the 14 day period when I can send the SIM back and not get into the 12 month contract..

Did anybody here have it track after 7 days? Grr..
  • Astec
    Astec Posts: 515 Forumite
    Options
    You have 14 days to cancel, I'd imagine you just cancel rather than have to send back.

Maybe give them a ring and ask on procedure.

Mine tracked after 2 days...
  • Danyúl_II
    Danyúl_II Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    Options
    Grr so annoying. Still not tracked. I will wait another 2/3 days.. Not hopeful thou.
  • austin
    austin Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    Dany!l_II wrote: »
    Hasn't tracked yet...

Ordered 11pm on the 17th August, so it's been exactly 1 week since ordering it..

Don't want to be waiting until after the 14 day period when I can send the SIM back and not get into the 12 month contract..

Did anybody here have it track after 7 days? Grr..

mine tracked within hours. used IE8 and deleted all history and set cookies and security to medium-low just for that transaction.
  • abwsco
    abwsco Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had to raise an enquiry on my cashback.
  • trevorh
    trevorh Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    trevorh wrote: »
    Deleted_User,
    I will also be canceling my order as I'm not going to risk it not tracking due to the need to contact them by phone previously described.

Can you advise what charges you have to pay on canceling, is it pro rata for the days you have had the contract or the number of minutes used?

For anyone who is interested I have now had my final bill and the charge is pro rata for the number of days I had the SIM card.

As this offer will doubtless be repeated again could people who have continued advise their success or otherwise with getting their cashback.

Of particular interest to me are those who had to phone O2 to progress their order, has anyone in this postion got their cashback?

Thanks in anticipation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport