£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

Options

Comments

• mchu6am4
    mchu6am4 Posts: 445 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2009 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Can someone please confirm whether I can port my number over to o2 WITHOUT affecting my Quidco Cashback???

Its just that Quidco say the following about porting number (over the phone) although I would be doing it on-line?

"Please note: Porting numbers over the phone is effectively modifying your order and will invalidate your cashback."

Any views welcome...
  • dhil1on
    dhil1on Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I am very tempted to get this deal and purchase an older iphone 3g 16gb from ebay.

A deal breaker for me would be, what kind of offer would o2 give to continue this 12m contract after the intial 12m has passed?
    i.e. will it be cheaper than £20 a month after the 12m contract has expired if you decide to extend?

Thanks
  • hardy1976
    hardy1976 Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What to do... my current contract doesnt run out until 13th Oct, however I REALLY want an iphone. The best way definetly seems to be PAYG phone with this O2 / Quidco deal...

Arrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    mchu6am4 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm whether I can port my number over to o2 WITHOUT affecting my Quidco Cashback???

Its just that Quidco say the following about porting number (over the phone) although I would be doing it on-line?

"Please note: Porting numbers over the phone is effectively modifying your order and will invalidate your cashback."

Any views welcome...

O2 have told me that it should not effect the cashback at all ! Mine has tracked and after the port has been done it is still down as tracked. All I can do now is wiat to see if it Validates although I dont know how long this will take (any ideas ?)

I dont see why this should effect payout as I took out the 12 months contract with O2 fully online and still have that contract even though I have ported my number to it now.
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • sallysaver
    Options
    ahll wrote: »
    O2 have told me that it should not effect the cashback at all ! Mine has tracked and after the port has been done it is still down as tracked. All I can do now is wiat to see if it Validates although I dont know how long this will take (any ideas ?)

I dont see why this should effect payout as I took out the 12 months contract with O2 fully online and still have that contract even though I have ported my number to it now.

Hi,
    See my post above (191). I am still waiting for the money from my purchase on the 2nd April although that didn't validate until the 2nd July for some reason. Having said all of the above, lots of people have been paid the £110 since taking up the previous offer from O2 and going through Quidco. Moral of the story - Try to not give up!!!! Sally
  • shell1000
    shell1000 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    just for info ive received my o2 sim but no sign of the cashback tracking yet!

Fortunately on topcashback it says if you havent had a confirmation within 7 days raise a manual request. the broadband i ordered after the mobile deal has tracked and i used the same set up and ordered immediately afterwards so im hoping that it should all be resolved quickly!

but for info, there is a weblink that gets sent out with your sim so you dont actually need to speak to o2 to port your number across.. so i dont see why it would invalidate the cashback, you are still a new customer.

got my pac code from orange too, just waiting for my mac code for my broadband.. and to sell my old phones etc in the meantime.. then all systems are go go go!:T
    Mortgage free wannabe!:
    11/11/08 - £137,674 ----> 09/01/12 - £131,432 :j
  • Snapdragon
    Snapdragon Posts: 317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shell1000 wrote: »
    just for info ive received my o2 sim but no sign of the cashback tracking yet!
    :T

Should be ok, I usually find most things track following day with topcashback but this O2 one did take a few days, but its tracked, just have to wait for it to move to confirmed now, that's when I'll be satisfied all is ok.
  • shell1000
    shell1000 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    Snapdragon wrote: »
    Should be ok, I usually find most things track following day with topcashback but this O2 one did take a few days, but its tracked, just have to wait for it to move to confirmed now, that's when I'll be satisfied all is ok.

Thanks for that!

It tracked today so im one happy bunny! just need to decide whether to unlock my current phone to use with the sim or just invest in the iphone before ive sold all my worldly goods to pay for it!!

decisions decisions!
    Mortgage free wannabe!:
    11/11/08 - £137,674 ----> 09/01/12 - £131,432 :j
  • RDMD
    RDMD Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to place an order but there are no 12 month siplicity tariffs on o2 website at present. Or is it just me?:confused:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not just you, I just checked and went through Quidco and its showing that there is a phone in my basket and no 12 month sim available. I'd leave it for a bit and see if it sorts itself out. The phone in my basket is not one I've ever looked at on o2 either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure