MSE news: possible £50 boon for Nationwide current account holders

1234568»

Replies

• bundancebundance Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding my message above, I see that it was pulled on 21/7/09.
    :(
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone had problems with the Nationwide switching service?

I responded to the promotion, and gave them authority to transfer all the direct debits from what had hitherto been my main account. So far THREE debits have been cancelled rather than transferred: so I have incurred penalty charges from my Nationwide credit card (refunded); from Virgin Media; and now from Egg Money, my main credit card. I have sent secure messages to Nationwide asking what is going on, but after 48 hours they have not responded.

Methinks an email to the FOS is required.

And no, I have not received my fifty pounds as yet.
  • Hi everyone not sure if this has already been covered but here goes - I had an existing Flex Account which I used for foreign transactions so I took up this offer and transferred three DDs from my main current ac to Nationwide - this happened in August with the DDs being paid recently. I had not received the £50 so I emailed them and eventually they replied but they attached what they say are the Terms and Conditions - which include that if you picked the DDs from a list and just didnt transfer them all you will not be elgible - I did this so looks like I am not getting the £50 - anyone else come up against this?
    Did CCCS Debt remedy today £52102 in debt :eek::eek:
    Today is the start of getting in control
    LBM 17th June 2012
  • LongTermLurkerLongTermLurker Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    janeway59 wrote: »
    Hi everyone not sure if this has already been covered but here goes - I had an existing Flex Account which I used for foreign transactions so I took up this offer and transferred three DDs from my main current ac to Nationwide - this happened in August with the DDs being paid recently. I had not received the £50 so I emailed them and eventually they replied but they attached what they say are the Terms and Conditions - which include that if you picked the DDs from a list and just didnt transfer them all you will not be elgible - I did this so looks like I am not getting the £50 - anyone else come up against this?
    That is correct - there was a clear statement on the webpage and it's been mentioned several time on this thread.

Post 26 http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=23492885&postcount=26
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • MilarkyMilarky Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Bill Payment mandates"? There is surely no such thing as a bill payment mandate - unless by that they meant either standing orders or whole bill direct debits - in which case, why include this as a category ?
    .....under construction....
  • rb10rb10 Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milarky wrote: »
    "Bill Payment mandates"? There is surely no such thing as a bill payment mandate - unless by that they meant either standing orders or whole bill direct debits - in which case, why include this as a category ?

Banks normally use the phrase 'bill payment' to refer to any sort of one-off payment to another account. So I have bill payment mandates set up to pay money to other accounts that I have, or family members' accounts.

Those account details for the one-off payments are saved with my account, just as my DDs and SOs are.
  • LongTermLurkerLongTermLurker Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Milarky wrote: »
    It's the one-off payment mechanism aka "pay a bill" - never seen it before but NW will make a copy of any such arrangements you have in place. It makes no difference, because it's up to you if you want to pay from the old account or new.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • DesGDesG Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that they have set up all my saved payment details from my Cahoot account to NW.

Didn't know that they could do that!

Cheers, Des.
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DesG wrote: »
    I can confirm that they have set up all my saved payment details from my Cahoot account to NW.

I think it's quite common when switching. Certainly A&L do it, and I think Halifax also?
  • KarenBBKarenBB Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    DesG wrote: »

Cheers, Des.

Once you've given the authority for all the payments to be transferred from Cahoot to NW, NW then contact Cahoot to ask for all of the payments details you've got set up, Cahoot send it and NW then change it all over. The same system is in process for other banks and building societies too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide