• TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    what is a boon?
  • what is a boon?

boon
    –noun
    1. something to be thankful for; blessing; benefit.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have a Cash card with direct debits going out.. will I qualify if I transfer another DD?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I have a Cash card with direct debits going out.. will I qualify if I transfer another DD?
    Have you read the article referenced in the first post?
  • Pssst
    Pssst Posts: 4,803
    Forumite
    edited 19 July 2009 at 7:45PM
    Once again, loyalty pays no dividends. I have my account with Nationwide, salary going in, direct debits going out etc. Unfortunately all my accounts are with them - maybe it's time to move????
    Oh thats not all..i have been with them for more than 15 years and not once have i been in debt. n fact i have always been substantially in credit. Anyway early this year they stug me for £30 for a bounced cheque which miss timed by a day or so. They didnt want top hear about it so i withdrew a substantial wad and placed it elsewhere. My mission is to punish NW for the way it has ground its existing long standing customers down with their shoddy service and carp rates. I may well move elsewhere. Their tourist credit card is also now defunct so whats to stay for?

Come to think of it,i think they should pay me £50 to stay with them..I'll post that on their feedback forum on the website !

come to think of it,wasnt it NW who ran a series of humorous tv ads in which they scorned other institutions for introducing various deals for "New customers only" and yet here they are doing similar!
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    it;s not new customers only. i have an account with them but I've set up a dd to WWF on one of my other accounts. hey presto, i am a switcher and can have £50! woo!
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• Pssst
    Pssst Posts: 4,803
    Forumite
    Kavanne wrote: »
    it;s not new customers only. i have an account with them but I've set up a dd to WWF on one of my other accounts. hey presto, i am a switcher and can have £50! woo!
    But all my DDs are with NW already.

I think i'll look elsewhere. I'm sick of their service and their attitudes.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Pssst wrote: »
    But all my DDs are with NW already.

I think i'll look elsewhere. I'm sick of their service and their attitudes.
    As you'll see in my post . all you have to do is set one up elsewhere. you can get around their T&Cs if you put your mind to it. many people can't be bothered for £50 but I most certainly can! :D

also if you don't have a bank account elsewhere at the moment you can get cashback for opened bank accounts through https://www.quidco.com

fantastic
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• al4x
    al4x Posts: 76
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i couldnt believe my luck, had literally moved to a&l from nationwide to get 100, get the 100, nationwide bring this offer in, another 50! haha
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 July 2009 at 9:11AM
    Hi guys, I too am a loyal Nationwide customer and have used them as my main account for a long time now.... i'm peeved off that as I don't have an account elsewhere and because I do actually use Nationwide as my main account, that I won't get sweet FA.

However people who took the account just to use the "free withdrawals" will now get £50 too and surely those people are the same ones that will next move their account again when they get the £50.

EDIT:

Just found an old account that I don't use... Anyone know any quick payments that I could set up to take advantage of this offer? What about if I set up a SO from my account to my girlfriends each month for £100 and then vice versa from her account to mine....

Does it need to be a specific number of payments or for a certain value?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure