MSE news: possible £50 boon for Nationwide current account holders

Comments

• redwin11
    redwin11 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Kavanne wrote: »
    it;s not new customers only. i have an account with them but I've set up a dd to WWF on one of my other accounts. hey presto, i am a switcher and can have £50! woo!

Did this definitely work?

I.e.- do you have the £50 credit to show for it?!
  • redwin11
    redwin11 Posts: 75 Forumite
    MORPH3US wrote: »
    Just found an old account that I don't use... Anyone know any quick payments that I could set up to take advantage of this offer? What about if I set up a SO from my account to my girlfriends each month for £100 and then vice versa from her account to mine....

Does it need to be a specific number of payments or for a certain value?

I just set up a DD for a magazine subscription - 3 for £1 then cancel afterwards.

Will transfer that across once it appears in my other account and hope for the best!
  • guli
    guli Posts: 183
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi guys, I too am a loyal Nationwide customer and have used them as my main account for a long time now.... i'm peeved off that as I don't have an account elsewhere and because I do actually use Nationwide as my main account, that I won't get sweet FA.

However people who took the account just to use the "free withdrawals" will now get £50 too and surely those people are the same ones that will next move their account again when they get the £50.

Moral of story? Bank loyalty does not pay!:beer:
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    redwin11 wrote: »
    Did this definitely work?

I.e.- do you have the £50 credit to show for it?!
    why wouldn't it work? i've complied with their T&Cs
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What about if I set up a SO from my account to my girlfriends each month for £100 and then vice versa from her account to mine....

Does it need to be a specific number of payments or for a certain value?
    That is my intention (not to pay your gf £100 a month, you understand ;)). I believe that falls inside the Ts & Cs
    6. To be eligible for the offer, if you are a qualifying customer, you must sign on to the Nationwide Internet Bank and complete and submit an "Authorisation for a Current Account Transfer" form within the Internet Bank to transfer all your Direct Debits, standing orders and Bill Payment mandates from an account with another bank or building society to a qualifying FlexAccount by selecting ‘Transfer all my payments for me’. If you choose ‘Send me a list and let me choose’ you will not qualify for this offer.
    If all is limited to one, then all it is. :T
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Nationwide is my main account but I have a little £3 per month RSPCA DD still going from my old Barclays account which I've been meaning to switch for ages anyway, so fingers crossed I qualify!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • daleuk_3
    daleuk_3 Posts: 299 Forumite
    I have a nationwide flex account with debit card already. Do I have to transfer all my standing orders / direct debits? or can I just transfer some? Thanks!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    daleuk wrote: »
    Do I have to transfer all my standing orders / direct debits? or can I just transfer some? Thanks!
    Answered in switching condition 6...

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/popup/flex_switch_offer_terms.htm
  • LongTermLurker
    LongTermLurker Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And in post 26, only two posts above the question. Why do we bother? :confused:
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    £50 certainly isnt enough to put up with the attitude of Nationwides staff, their call centre staff is by far the rudest Ive ever experienced give me Halifax anyday and thats saying something!
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure