Thrifty Gifty - Organised for Christmas and all ocassions 2009- Santas Challenges

Options

Comments

• SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    Shevs wrote: »
    I have a question thats of topic regarding ebay. I am new to ebay but I agreed to buy some little halloween toys from a seller, not private i was his own little shop type thing but decided nearly straight away that i didnt want them so deleted them from my baskety thing but I am still getting emails from him to remind me to pay. I just wanted to know what the score was on it. do I have to pay?

If you clicked "commit to buy" then it's a binding contract and you need to pay for them. Sorry :o
    mum2one wrote: »
    Debating on dds xmas present, (got £92 Amazon vouchers so far)and am doing Dooyoo, hopeing to get dd a Wii (courtesy of vouchers)

What extras would you recommend.
    It depends on what games you want to get - the Mario racing game is popular with Husband and uses the steering wheels. I'd say dance mat* and microphone.

*I linked to one of the less cheap games because the cheaper mat/game combos aren't in stock.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • 3_cheeky_princesses
    Options
    Well now i have joined this elite group and read t95 pages (only took me 2 days) i am going to get super organised this weekend. I am going up into the loft and writing down everything that i have brought and stored throughout the year for pressies when i have brought them in the sales.

I will be printing off all the printouts and starting my A4 binder and notebook!

I am so excited and cant wait to get started!

Also my elf name is

Buttons Monkey-Buns
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    mandragora wrote: »
    Sorry - ningun tal grado en este momento- - I've no idea if my Spanish is correct (I used an online translation engine!), and I don't mean to have a 'pop' at you, but you do need to be careful if this is what you're putting on your cv :o.

Opps :eek: your right hunni I always get it wrong lol:o Give us a kick up the bum its an A/S Level not an A-Level got an A* in my GCSE:o

I'm blaming the wine lol

Your right though if I put that on my CV they'd Laugh at me, fortunately I did my CV when I hadn't had any wine lol...:rotfl:
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    Who sings "Blue Christmas" and makes toy guitars?

Elfis!

:rotfl:

• RustyFlange
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I never get on here half as often as I should. However I am here cause I want something!!

well 2 things actually.

Sarah - could you tell me where you get all of your christmas jokes from? I have quite a few but ideally would love some more as I want to make a jar for DS's stocking or even a book with jokes in for him which relate around christmas!

Also ....

I am looking for a ben 10 torch, I have no idea if they make this style but I am sure someone can point me in the right place, or tell me if I am dreaming!!

Basically it is a torch which has interchangeable heads so it can put shadows on the light? the same as this peppa pig torch Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mandragora_2
    mandragora_2 Posts: 2,611 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 September 2009 at 9:36AM
    Options
    Opps :eek: your right hunni I always get it wrong lol:o Give us a kick up the bum its an A/S Level not an A-Level got an A* in my GCSE:o

I'm blaming the wine lol

Your right though if I put that on my CV they'd Laugh at me, fortunately I did my CV when I hadn't had any wine lol...:rotfl:

Why don't you do the second year, and finish the A level? They're bringing in A* grade in for students who start their courses from this September, so unfortunately your AS taken before then won't qualify you for that, however, it'd still be a heck of an achivement to convert the AS to a full A level, and if you did get an A or a B, that's some mighty learning there!:D
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • julesangles
    Options
    hope you dont mind me joining in at this late stage, but i do know were your up too and the challenges so far.
    little background on me.
    I'm Christmas crazy, always have been. bought 90% of my Christmas presents, all my cards, and most of my wrapping paper.
    i try to buy presents for people that i would like to get but mostly that i know the person would love to get.
    things i have done for me are:
    first job in farming (everyone told me not to) it was the best job in the world!
    working with children with disability's including my own child. i love this and now i get paid to do it!
    sign language class, last year.
    this years challenge it take over from the teacher for circle time were we talk about all sorts of things around feelings! 1 down 37 weeks to go! ROFL
    thanks in advance
    At last I have a signature.
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    mandragora wrote: »
    Why don't you do the second year, and finish the A level? They're bringing in A* grade in for students who start their courses from this September, so unfortunately your AS taken before then won't qualify you for that, however, it'd still be a heck of an achivement to convert the AS to a full A level, and if you did get an A or a B, that's some mighty learning there!:D

Its a good Idea, but I don't really use it, never gone for a job where I needed to speak Spanish, its more conversational and I only really speak it when I go to spain to visit family and friends. It's not really something I ever set out to achive just with living in Gibraltar I had to take spanish and then when I moved back to the UK I took the A/S to try and continue and maybe look at working with it but other jobs came along then OH and the Kids and career plans changed. If I were to study for something now it would have to be on the forensic side as I would really like to get into that and maybe work with the police, just things are a bit hard at the moment and money is a bit tight. Maybe one day:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I never get on here half as often as I should. However I am here cause I want something!!

well 2 things actually.

Sarah - could you tell me where you get all of your christmas jokes from? I have quite a few but ideally would love some more as I want to make a jar for DS's stocking or even a book with jokes in for him which relate around christmas!

Also ....

I am looking for a ben 10 torch, I have no idea if they make this style but I am sure someone can point me in the right place, or tell me if I am dreaming!!

Basically it is a torch which has interchangeable heads so it can put shadows on the light? the same as this peppa pig torch Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Got a few links, I will dig them out later for you hun and post, got to go to the tip in a min and get rid of some of my rubbish LOL
  • fedupandskint
    Options
    SANTAS CHALLENGE
    KITCHEN CUPBOARDS / Draws
    Just having a rethink on the challenge and decided to wipe out all the cupboards and tidy again

Pan Cupboard x2 completed
    Crockery Cupboard x1
    Cup and Glass Cupboard x1 completed
    Pantry Cupboard (and top!!)x1
    Tea and Coffee Cupboard x1
    Odds and sods Cupboard x1
    Cutlery Drawer
    Under stairs completed
    Under sink :eek:

FOOD LIST
    Nows the time to start listing those extra items needed for xmas
    mincemeat bought in the sale at Mr T's in Apr at a massive reduction and long BBD
    Cranberry sauce in freezer
    Need to think about what else is needed for this year's big day as I will be preparing the meal. Will start to get things in around Sept time and also buy the veg approx 1 week in advance

Also will make a list of what I need for a Christmas Cake thanks to everyone for their recipes, I've been inspired to give it a go in a couple of weeks time

Can you use whisky or rum for the cake? Which would be better do you think, I have a ton of both. I think whisky might be better with fruit or shall I buy a little bottle of brandy instead? :confused:
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills