Thrifty Gifty - Organised for Christmas and all ocassions 2009- Santas Challenges

Options

Comments

• sylphraven
    Options
    1. I'm not too sure how to answer the first bit of the challenge...erm....ok...
    ..I'm not actually as daft as I come across!!!

2. I would love to train, and get a licence to handle bats. Then have a job ,maybe in the zoo caring for the bats (I'd fit in well at the zoo :) ), or removing them from peoples houses.

Today I have made a batch of blackberry & apple jam, lemon curd, and put some Damson Chutney I made a lil while ago into nicer jars to put towards a couple of food hampers I'm making for christmas. Apple chutney is almost cooked as well to add to it.
    You cant take a step forward with both feet on the ground
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    1. I was the first member of my family to go to University.

2. I would love to go on a balloon ride.
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Pips_Mum
    Pips_Mum Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm had to have a good think about that mini challenge so after much thought whilst pickling my beetroots:

1. I am a fully qualified Masseuse.

2. I would like to have a lovely house with a spare room that I could have set out all the time for guests. This spare room would be the stuff of legend with everything a guest would want or need ready laid out for them, Guests would fight to stay the night! The house would have a front garden with a tree in that I could decorate for halloween, Easter and of course christmas.
    Now I know 2 sounds like its for other people but it would actually make ME really happy so ho hum!
    Debt at LBM [strike]£17,544[/strike] :eek: £5700
    :TOver £14,000 PAID OFF :T

2020 the year of less - Less debt, less waste, less spending, less stuff, less stress!
  • Shevs
    Shevs Posts: 443 Forumite
    Options
    1. I have a grade 8 distinction in playing the cello and I have grade 7 merit in music theory.

2. I wish me and bf didnt have to give up our flat cos of my redundancy and were still living together. I miss cuddling my hunky monkey at night
  • Shevs
    Options
    Anybody interested in the cake decorating course in the Manchester area I did mine at south Trafford college. It was on a monday night from 7-9 and 10 weeks long. That was the level 1 and there are two more advanced courses I can now take level 2 & 3 but they are quite pricey so might wait next year and thats where you get good enough to do cakes like you see on the aceof cakes (any1 watch that?)

Mum2one of course you can be my model! I would like to be half decent though before you let me loose on your hair I dont want to end up giving you a bowl cut xXx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    1.What have you done or achieved, that no one would really know unless you told them.
    I am a trained anti bullying councillor since I was 15 years old. Was sent to seminars to teach adults how to deal with the effects of bullying on school children adn supported Esther Ranson on her anti bullying scheme for ChildLine at several events. As well as having 8 GCSEs, 4 A/S Levels and 3 A levels.

2. What would you like to do if you if you could, nothing for anyone else, just you!.
    I would like to be free of my panic attacks and phobia. They make life unbearable. I have had panic attacks since I was 15 years old and have a phobia of having an allergic reaction so I have eaten/drank/used/washed in nothing different in the last 10 years to the point tesco stopped my washing powder :eek: and its taken nearly 2 weeks for me to work up the nerve to wear an item of clothing washed in the new powder. Even a mouth ulcer starting - you know that funny weird feelign on your lip (the fuzzy type feeling) triggers panic attacks. :(

That must be so fullfilling being a councillier, I take my hat off to you/
    I wish I had a magic wand, you come across so lovely, geuniue and honest, and I couldn't imagine what you go through on a daily basis, but ur an inspiration, and you keep going. Good luck, and take care. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    1. I was the first member of my family to go to University.

2. I would love to go on a balloon ride.

Re Balloon ride, I haven't been up, but my dads been twice and he absolutely loves it, he said it was absolutely amazing, its just like walking on air.

If you get the chance go.

He went with a local company, they had small baskets and only took 6 people up, whereas more popular companies with a red balloon have big baskets and upto 20 people in!! xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Shevs wrote: »
    Anybody interested in the cake decorating course in the Manchester area I did mine at south Trafford college. It was on a monday night from 7-9 and 10 weeks long. That was the level 1 and there are two more advanced courses I can now take level 2 & 3 but they are quite pricey so might wait next year and thats where you get good enough to do cakes like you see on the aceof cakes (any1 watch that?)

Mum2one of course you can be my model! I would like to be half decent though before you let me loose on your hair I dont want to end up giving you a bowl cut xXx

Thank you, nothing can be as bad as a dodgy hair cut I had, back in 2002, I was due to go to Kenya, so thought I'd go for short cropped look, (the I can't be bothered to do anything with it,!!), the assistant said, I'll razor the sides and grade in it...... great........

She left me with a 2in strip of hair as a mochican........she'd forgot to put the gradeing bit on the razor......

In the end I told her to shave it off..... I looked like I'd been a cancer victim...... didn't get to Kenya as I fell pregnant with DD, and wasn't allowed malaria tablets.......!!
    xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    After a favour.......rack some brains plz.

Debating on dds xmas present, (got £92 Amazon vouchers so far)and am doing Dooyoo, hopeing to get dd a Wii (courtesy of vouchers)

What extras would you recommend.

So far I've got...
    2 x Steering wheels (reduced to £3.00) each.

All suggestions will be greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance xx
  • Shevs
    Options
    I have a question thats of topic regarding ebay. I am new to ebay but I agreed to buy some little halloween toys from a seller, not private i was his own little shop type thing but decided nearly straight away that i didnt want them so deleted them from my baskety thing but I am still getting emails from him to remind me to pay. I just wanted to know what the score was on it. do I have to pay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure