Amazon Prime Member Fee? Charged £48...

Options

Comments

• Corpsebride86
    Corpsebride86 Posts: 106 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2010 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Im completely fuming at amazon.

I signed up to prime and ordered a kindle they said delivery date was for saturday and it still hasnt arrived, amazon are being completely unhelpful, all the emails im getting back are broken english and hard to read!

They dispatched it "friday" by royal mail who they are blaming for not performing, and they didnt send it by trackable means. Now surely anyone or any company would send an item worth £149 by trackable means??? and they just appologised that royal mail are giving me a sub standard service! (so easy to hide behind the courier)

Now in the email i got to say it had been dispatched they had told me when they dispatch it then the money will come out of my account. well they confirmed in all the emails it was dispatched on friday but the money only came out today??? so im wondering are they blaming royal mail as a smoke screen for the fact they havent really dispatched it till today!

I ordered it on the 11th october as a birthday present the dispatch date was within 3 days and they said next day delivery! so it should of been here on time for the birthday (which is tomorrow)

Ive now asked them to remove amazon prime from my account, I was going to keep it on as others in my family had decided to begin ordering items from them but im not now as its not worth £49 or whatever it is they charge because they obviously cant deliver.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alanood wrote: »
    Thank you Custardy for your help!!!

Please I do not seeking this kind of mockery respond....

apart from all the info we have added to this thread and the picture showing you how to do it?
    f you cant work out how to contact Amazon then how do you know you didnt sign up to prime?
  • Alanood
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    apart from all the info we have added to this thread and the picture showing you how to do it?
    f you cant work out how to contact Amazon then how do you know you didnt sign up to prime?

Accept my apologies,,, I have not read the information above...
    I just ask directly...!!! Sorry about that…
    and I contact them and it's fixed now...thanx
    (It might I been panic and reply fast without even read the stuff appropriate :()
  • Alanood
    Options

By the way the matter been fixed:T
  • qweqwe
    Options
    Riq wrote: »
    Just googled this "prime membership fee" item I had on my bank statement and happy to see MSE comes up as a result with what I can do about it.

Was taken out yesterday, didn't realise I had to cancel the membership manually but my own fault for not reading. Gave them a quick call, all cancelled and refund being processed.

I like amazon. She was very nice too the lady on the phone. :)

can i just ask what the phone number was the same thing happened to me please .
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    qweqwe wrote: »
    can i just ask what the phone number was the same thing happened to me please .

Just go to Amazon.co.uk & look under contacts for customer service - then call them.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • custardy
    Options
    seriously
    if you cant find how to contact Amazon then maybe its time to cancel the internet package
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    seriously
    if you cant find how to contact Amazon then maybe its time to cancel the internet package
    I agree ... but here is how to cancel PRIME

Can I cancel my membership to Amazon Prime?

You can cancel your membership in Your Account at any time before you or your registered guests have made any eligible purchases and we will refund your full membership fee. To do this, visit the "Prime Settings" link of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button. It can take up to two days for completing this process. For any trial or other promotional memberships you may cancel such membership at any time by clicking "Prime Settings" in Your Account and selecting the "Do not upgrade" button.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • alger73
    Options
    Ok you sign up for what ever reason konowing or being lazy to read it all. Every membership set to auto renewal by default is a scam!
  • custardy
    Options
    alger73 wrote: »
    Ok you sign up for what ever reason konowing or being lazy to read it all. Every membership set to auto renewal by default is a scam!

just because you highlight it and add and exclamation mark,it doesnt make it true
    cut that ethernet cable now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport