Childminder contract breached?

Options

Comments

• xmaslolly76
    xmaslolly76 Posts: 3,974 Forumite
    Options
    Personally i would ignore the pair of them they are trying to wind people up and they either have cushy little lives and dont understand that some people have to work to pay the bills or have spent their lives living of the people who pay taxes.
    :jFriends are like fabric you can never have enough:j
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    Don't let diable ruin the thread.

exactly. that silly comment was meant to cause a stir and she got what she wanted
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • saltibalti
    saltibalti Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    I agree.
    Why have them then palm them off on someone else.

If children, outside of school, are in any kind of danger, its the parents fault and no-one elses.

thanks for your comment, unfortunately you weren't around to advise me on the ins and outs of parenting when i had my children so i find myself in this difficult situation now. this thread was started to ask for advice on the contractual issues surrounding payment, not my parenting skills.
  • Bettyboop
    Bettyboop Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Options
    She certainly breached her side of the contract. You were paying her to look after your kids and take them to school. If I were you she would be seeing no money as in effect she stayed home instead of seeing them safely into class. How long did this go on for?

I haven't read all the replies but also ensure Ofsted are fully aware of this. It looks to me like Childminders are not getting very good coverage at the moment.

For God knew in His great wisdom

That he couldn't be everywhere,
    So he put His little Children
    In a loving mother's care.
  • Bettyboop
    Options
    diable wrote: »
    People should really look after their own children and not rely on child minders then these sort of issues would not arise.

You are ridiculous. Not everyone has money that grows on trees. For some they have to work to make ends meet. As that too difficult for you to understand. In this day and age working is what provides for the family, pays bills etc..... do you get my drift. At least this mother is going to work and providing for her family instead of claiming benefits like most people!

• Bettyboop
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    I agree.
    Why have them then palm them off on someone else.

If children, outside of school, are in any kind of danger, its the parents fault and no-one elses.

Are you and diable related?

• saltibalti
    saltibalti Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Bettyboop wrote: »
    She certainly breached her side of the contract. You were paying her to look after your kids and take them to school. If I were you she would be seeing no money as in effect she stayed home instead of seeing them safely into class. How long did this go on for?

I haven't read all the replies but also ensure Ofsted are fully aware of this. It looks to me like Childminders are not getting very good coverage at the moment.

ofsted reported.....turns out she had a different complaint a few months back also.

they were there in the morning very rarely, from what my daughter has said they have been unattened to school around 3 to 4 times out of about 7 mornings that they were with her (or not as it transpires!) over the past year.

i know that there are very good childminders out there and do not in anyway want to tarnish the profession, most carry out their duties with the upmost care.

also, is anyone aware that by entering the early years registered number into the ofsted website you can view their latest ofsted report and any complaints that have required action by the minder and the organisation? it also shows what 'rules' that particular childminder has imposed on them.....amount of children allowed to care for, rooms that may not be used (eldest son's room for example) etc.
  • moggitymog
    moggitymog Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    woody01 and diable do people like me go to work so that you don't have to?
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    diable wrote: »
    I am sorry if I offend anybody but children are precious and not a commodity, if you can't look after your children yourself then don't have them.

I would say that your children growing up surrounded by caring people, experiencing different opinions, different worlds is more important than having ONE person look after them constantly.. What is school for? I am incredibly grateful that I spent time with my grandparents, with family friends and their children in lieu of a childminder. I
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know how long you were using your childminder for, but her most recent Ofsted inspection report should have been made accessible to you. Certainly, by entering her registration number into the Ofsted website, you would be able to gain her most recent inspection report (however I've just found you can't access previous ones - although they are mentioned).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure