Childminder contract breached?

Options

Comments

• jimexbox
    jimexbox Posts: 12,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    diable wrote: »
    I am sorry if I offend anybody but children are precious and not a commodity, if you can't look after your children yourself then don't have them.

So you would never send your kids to pre-school or school then? When they are on their premises, the school has responsibility.
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't let diable ruin the thread.

saltibalti, I wouldn't give her a penny and I'd be demanding compensation from her for what she's done. Outrageous.

I hope you can find a more trustworthy minder soon. There are lots around!
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • jimexbox
    Options
    Don't let diable ruin the thread.

saltibalti, I wouldn't give her a penny and I'd be demanding compensation from her for what she's done. Outrageous.

I hope you can find a more trustworthy minder soon. There are lots around!

My wife is a childminder, and I helped draft her contracts. Any action which puts a child in danger would be considered a serious breach of contract, thereby allowing you to terminate without the usual 4 weeks notice.

I would pay for the time your children attended, no more.
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Options
    theres always one...
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • saltibalti
    saltibalti Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    thank you very much for your helpful comments. i am sending the letter and cheque recorded delivery today. and as you said, shellsuit, will sit tight !

diable, i am very happy that you were in a situation to look after your children yourself. i hope all that hard work has helped them grow into happy, caring, well rounded, open minded adults as you appear to be yourself.

i'll post up any developments so anyone else facing similar issues might be helped or reassured.

thanks again
  • Xaviera
    Xaviera Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    For balance I absolutley loved going to a childminder when I was little, it was so much fun having extra brothers and sisters! :D

She is well out of order, why didn't she speak to you beforehand? How awful for you, but you're in the right, I would push with a complaint if it was me, she's already had one this'll be two, perhaps she should consider another career?
  • barnaby-bear
    barnaby-bear Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to support a family until the children where at primary school ex then worked part time and looked after both children, both went to Uni. At the end of the day it is your choice that you have children look after them yourself if you can't trust someone else to do it and this has nothing to do with being less of a parent but a conscience decision by the parents what they value the most, the closeness and relationship that the parents have with there children as the time spent with them is precious and will never return or palming them off to someone else as money is more important.

I am sorry if I offend anybody but children are precious and not a commodity, if you can't look after your children yourself then don't have them.

You sent them to primary school :eek::eek::eek: If you can't teach your child yourself you shouldn't have them - shocking :eek:
  • woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    People should really look after their own children and not rely on child minders then these sort of issues would not arise.

I agree.
    Why have them then palm them off on someone else.

If children, outside of school, are in any kind of danger, its the parents fault and no-one elses.
  • jimexbox
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    I agree.

If children, outside of school, are in any kind of danger, its the parents fault and no-one elses.

Childminders are Ofsted inspected/registered, a child is entrusted to an registered childminder. They are not dumped like a can of garbage. While in their care, as at school, they are responsible. Maybe a little research might come in handy.......
  • Flipped27
    Flipped27 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    I agree.

LOL!!! Thats so utterly ridiculous! What if you need to go to work just out of interest?! And what about people who are single through marriage breakdown? Should they then spend years on benefits so that they don't "palm their children off"? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure