July 2009 Grocery Challenge - Page 13

New Post Advanced Search

July 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 June 2009 at 9:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
924 replies 70.3K views

Replies

• tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...lovely new thread...thanx to all who get it going....its hot and we are eating a scary amount of lollies and icecream....might buy some lolly moulds...its hot in the kitchen so cooking has been kept to a minimum...had pizza and salad for tea...we got a bag of aldi pots for 49p and they have fed us 3 times so thats good...they are tasty

going to have meat balls tomorrow made with organic pork mince...with tom sauce and spag....i havent been to the shops for a bit...its very ms the hot weather

take care
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • JulimkJulimk Forumite
    349 posts
    It’s the end of week 2 (of 6) and another NSD (9/14!). There is still £92 in the budget for this month, which is £23 a week for the rest of the month. Given that I usually base the budget on an average of £30 a week, have already done the ‘big’ start of the month stock up shop & the larder, fridge & freezers are chock a block, I don’t think this should be a problem.

After tomorrow DD will only have two more weeks at school & then she will be going to her Dad’s for two weeks. So I will do a top up shop tomorrow of pack-up bit & snacks for her, among other things, and that should be it.

The two weeks at the end of July when she isn’t here are also the final two weeks before we head off to Oz, so will be looking to use up fresh bits & pieces. But as it will just be me I don’t mind too much if I end up with odd combinations.
  • milliejomilliejo Forumite
    318 posts
    Hi - please put me down for £250 for July.
  • I had a small spend £2 for bread on Tuesday, which was day one of july for me, I'm trying to use up the food in the freezer before buying anything else, I had a no spend day today, and hopefully it will be the same tomorrow.

Debbie
    Debbie :hello:

Starting again in 2010 - Baby Steps
  • TheBeesTheBees Forumite
    601 posts
    Hello everyone - can't believe we're on page 7 on the 1st of the month!

Holding out until Saturday for my MrT delivery. Was going to wait until Sunday but realised I wouldn't get the £10 off using the code on this website as it runs out on the 4th. Using up leftovers and making do until then.

Had a dreadful day yesterday - DD knocked out by a rounders ball then on the way to collect her my car broke down! :eek:(Broken fan belt - but repaired for free as only serviced three weeks ago). DD has a lovely black eye now.

Does anyone know where the "View First Unread" button has gone?

Good luck all
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh 7 pages already. Cant keep up with this thread.
    I realised that I am not going to make the original £125 for July when I have spent nearly half of that already. Got to go over my figures.
    As things are changing dramatically can I change my figure to
    £175 please Mrs M !!!:confused:
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • MoneyQueenMoneyQueen Forumite
    926 posts
    NSD for me today:j

But I am going to Costco tomorrow :eek:
  • HerewegoagainHerewegoagain Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hiya guys,

not been on for a few days, really busy here at the moment.

Picking raspberries and redcurrants in the garden when I spotted some wild strawberries, :jtheir really tiny but very sweet so mr and mrs loved then on their own.:T A real added bonus as the strawberry plants they used to have died off, and their son mowed the grass and managed to kill the new gooseberry/blackcurrant bushes I had planted for them:mad:

Still using store cupboard/freezer food so NSD's so far

HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • dreamer40dreamer40 Forumite
    29 posts
    Hi all,
    New to this. Can I be put down for £240 for July please?
    Thanks.
    "Always bear in mind, that very little indeed is necessary for living a happy life" Marcus Aurelius.

• MadamMim2013MadamMim2013 Forumite
    845 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta get a shop in today, down to half an onion a pack of butter and some milk in the fridge!!
    Not sure if I'll go to Mr T's or Mr A's?? ummm
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018