no toilets at job centre

Options
123457»

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You compare your local JCP to a "posh shop"??? I'd love to know what you class as a posh shop!

Says someone who has never experienced the "joys" of a job centre, where the staff seem to spend ages talking to each other about their personal lives or about how badly run the new Government initiative is or about you in the third person. Or arrange appointments of 30 mins for around 10 people at the same time or / and that co incide with their lunch breaks etc etc.

If you have never experienced how the job centre treat their "customers" then you are lucky.

P.S There is the odd JC employee who makes you feel valued and tries to help but in my experience they are very far and few between
  • juliecallum
    juliecallum Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe we should ask the local MP to have them installed, He could then claim for them on his personal expenses LOL
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    And I've yet to see someone having to wait for 'hours' in the JC!!!

Many years ago I waited an hour and forty-five minutes for a "restart" interview becuase some dozy twonk of a clerk was running late then went for his break then forgot about me. I only got seen at all because I complained about how long it was taking then someone went and found him. The interview then lasted less then 5 minutes.

I luckily got a job before I had to sign on again.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    I've had waits of between 1 and 3 hours reguarly, it makes it worse when they decide to have a chat about random personal things and normally in the same conversation complain how busy they are (They tend to have the same conversation with different members of staff at different intervals). It makes their "customers" feels so valued...
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    I've had waits of between 1 and 3 hours reguarly, it makes it worse when they decide to have a chat about random personal things and normally in the same conversation complain how busy they are (They tend to have the same conversation with different members of staff at different intervals). It makes their "customers" feels so valued...

id be out the door before the half hour mark was up but if your needing the money then maybe its worthwhile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure