no toilets at job centre

Options

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2009 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Most high street shops don't have toilets for customers, other than supermarkets. .

My question wasn't genuine - I do have a life in the real world and actually go shopping too sometimes!
  • onlyforboards_2
    onlyforboards_2 Posts: 401 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2009 at 4:38PM
    Options
    My question wasn't genuine

Oh right, I was just treating your response respectfully. :) I will just assume you are not being genuine in the future. :)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The JC dont have to provide toilets, i used to work in a supermarket who only had toilets for staff and not customers, dont see what the problem is
  • sharski
    sharski Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Who would have thought the good ol' bog would provoke this much response!!??
    How very British!!
    Oops!! Should I have posted this??? Some users don't think I shouldn't be offering advice due to my occupation!!! :confused:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    The JC dont have to provide toilets, i used to work in a supermarket who only had toilets for staff and not customers, dont see what the problem is

The problem is in some areas there are no public toilets left at all and so spending time job searching means you are in need of a toilet. As they are a public building they have more responsibility to provide a toilet than a shop but then like someone else mentions if they are not safe to be cleaned it is a problem.
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    How very British!!
    Indeed!
    :D
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Oh right, I was just treating your response respectfully. :) I will just assume you are not being genuine in the future. :)

Ha bloody ha!
  • lili2008
    lili2008 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    sharski wrote: »
    How very British!!

Lol. How true.
    :idea:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    Ha bloody ha!

I'm lost here.
    You give brilliant advice but then make strange comments.
    If you have an issue with me as an individual please pm me as I can no longer see your posts.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bartelbe wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first post so go easy. Thanks to the whole credit crunch disaster I've got to experience the wonderful world of jobseekers allowance. Anyway I had to go for my 13 week interview, and was running late thanks to our countries wonderful integerated transport system (the bus broke down). I got there, but didn't get a chance to visit any facilities before hand, so I asked were the loos were. They don't have any; this might not seem like a big deal, but it kind of sums alot of the problems with the system. We are now customers, and they are facilitating our journey back to employment or some other such mangement consultant non-sense. Yet they can't be bothered to install basic facilities in a place people have to wait an indeterminate amount of time or lose money they our relying on. Put it another way, can you imagine a doctors waiting room without a toilet?
    Even posh shops don't have toilets ... and their customers are there to hand money over to them, not the other way round.

Doctors' waiting rooms need toilets because people are asked to provide samples they didn't expect to ... there are pregnant people with a weight on their bladder ... and, surprisingly, actual sick people who might want to throw up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure